Gravies only please!

Gravies only please!

General

m

Moves
12 Nov 08

I am not prejudice, I like any kind of gravy on almost any kind of food.

Favorite:

Roast Beef gravy on Yorshire Pudding

What are some good gravies?

IC

Moves
12 Nov 08
1 edit

COUNTRY HAM AND RED - EYE GRAVY

For each serving: Fry to a golden brown 1 slice of country ham. Begin cooking with a lid on your fry pan. Cook approximately 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat. Leave lid off after you turn your slices and continue turning until all the slices are brown. Remove country ham to platter.
Turn heat up a bit and add to the drippings 1 teaspoon of perked coffee per slice of ham and let simmer a couple of minutes. Red - Eye Gravy at its best! To be served over hot grits, eggs, biscuits, or the ham slices.

This recipe only works with country ham IMO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_ham

m

Moves
12 Nov 08

Originally posted by Ice Cold

For each serving: Fry to a golden brown 1 slice of country ham. Begin cooking with a lid on your fry pan. Cook approximately 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat. Leave lid off after you turn your slices and continue turning until all the slices are brown. Remove country ham to platter.
Turn heat up a bit and add to t ...[text shortened]... lices.

I take my first statement back.

That Red Eye Gravy doesn't look so great.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_gravy

😞

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
12 Nov 08

I just moved to New Jersey. Here, they call tomato sauce "gravy." I just can't get used to that.😡

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Nov 08

Originally posted by patrickrutgers
I just moved to New Jersey. Here, they call tomato sauce "gravy." I just can't get used to that.😡
Believe it's an Italian custom to refer to spaghetti sauce as 'Sunday Gravy'.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Ice Cold

Turn heat up a bit and add to t ...[text shortened]... lices.

With you on this one, Ice. I also add a pat of butter just before the perked coffee.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
12 Nov 08

Rutgers...good man.

πŸ˜€

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
12 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by mlprior
I am not prejudice, I like any kind of gravy on almost any kind of food.

Favorite:

Roast Beef gravy on Yorshire Pudding

What are some good gravies?
Chicken-fried steak slathered heavily with country (or sausage) gravy. A heart-attack served up steaming hot on a plate. What better way to start your day? Yum! πŸ˜›

IC

Moves
12 Nov 08

Originally posted by mlprior
I take my first statement back.

That Red Eye Gravy doesn't look so great.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_gravy

😞
Never judge a look by it's lover. πŸ˜•
Or somethin' like that. πŸ˜€

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Nov 08
1 edit

What was your previous habitat? I used to work in South Plainfield, if you know that town. Off 278 exit 5. Next to Piscataway. For some odd reason my people built a cleanroom right next to the Royal 16 theater. Like right across the way. Now there is a Target and sandwich shop and stuff all around us. Cyoptics bought out Inplane Photonics and I went to work there because I had a 160 mile daily commute, now its only 40 miles 20 there and back, in Brieningsville, near Allentown, Pa. So now I am at Cyoptics. At least untill Barak finds out we send work to MexicoπŸ™‚
My wife makes a really nice chicken base gravy, roast one or two chickens, catch the drippings and use that as base with flour and milk and whatever else you want, comes out great! It's a hundred times better than that bland crap that comes in jars.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by rbmorris
Rutgers...good man.

πŸ˜€
Great University, all right. One of my co-workers was a visiting prof there in the wafer fab science lab, would split his time between his beloved sailboat, Rutgers and Inplane Photonics where we built a semiconductor cleanroom from scratch and I mean from a bare concrete floor in an industrial building next to a mall, never did figure out why they did that, in South Plainfield. We had Amines coming out of the air exhaust that smelled to high heaven and wafted over to the Royal 16 cinemaplex all the time. They never did put together it was usπŸ™‚
Middlesex mall will never recoverπŸ™‚

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Nov 08

No idea of what the technicalities signify... but two interesting, personalized posts.

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
15 Nov 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
What was your previous habitat? I used to work in South Plainfield, if you know that town. Off 278 exit 5. Next to Piscataway. For some odd reason my people built a cleanroom right next to the Royal 16 theater. Like right across the way. Now there is a Target and sandwich shop and stuff all around us. Cyoptics bought out Inplane Photonics and I went to work ...[text shortened]... you want, comes out great! It's a hundred times better than that bland crap that comes in jars.
Previously I lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where winter was winter and gravy was gravy. I actually have liked NJ quite a bit, but there's a pretty good chance in early 2009 I'll be joining you in Pennsylvania, though I'll definitely be closer to Philadelphia.

The chicken base gravy is good. Puts on in the mind of soon to be consumed turkey gravies. Mmmmm

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
15 Nov 08

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Believe it's an Italian custom to refer to spaghetti sauce as 'Sunday Gravy'.
See, the folks around here who say it are, indeed, of Italian descent. They all say this is an Italian thing. But I've never encountered the usage in any reference that was strictly Italian, so I had wondered if it was more of a regional thing. Italian-AMericans...who live in New Jerseyr...or even a certain part of NJ...Which Italians do you mean? People who are actually in Italy?

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
15 Nov 08

Originally posted by rbmorris
Rutgers...good man.

πŸ˜€
a Rutgerian yourself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.