Gravies only please!

General

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
17 Nov 08

Originally posted by Suzianne
mlprior calls them Baking Powder Biscuits, we always called them buttermilk biscuits. Although I'm not a purist... pillsbury biscuits out of a can are just as good without all the fuss.
I'm not sure if the Pillsbury ones are "just as good" as the ones that are homemade with real buttermilk and lots of TLC, but it's all about the GRAVY anyway. Mmmmmm! This is making me hungry. 😛

rural North Dakota

Moves
17 Nov 08

Originally posted by trev33
what kind of biscuits? that just sounds wrong 😛
The British name for cookies is biscuits....so I guess there would be some confusion here.

Moves
17 Nov 08

Originally posted by ale1552
The British name for cookies is biscuits....so I guess there would be some confusion here.
no the british name for cookies is...would you believe it....cookies 😛

well you guys do use cookies a lot more often than british people...not being either american or british....and having spent a little time in america and a lot of time talking to americans i know the differences in the two languages.

cookies/biscuits still sounds horrible to me with gravy.

gravy made from the stuff from the leg of lamb , now we are talking. add it bit of the stock jelly you made from the last time and you're laughing.

rural North Dakota

Moves
17 Nov 08

no the british name for cookies is...would you believe it....cookies 😛

well you guys do use cookies a lot more often than british people...not being either american or british....and having spent a little time in america and a lot of time talking to americans i know the differences in the two languages.

cookies/biscuits still sounds horrible to me wit ...[text shortened]... we are talking. add it bit of the stock jelly you made from the last time and you're laughing.
I must be watching too much BBC. They always say biscuits for cookies.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
I'm not sure if the Pillsbury ones are "just as good" as the ones that are homemade with real buttermilk and lots of TLC, but it's all about the GRAVY anyway. Mmmmmm! This is making me hungry. 😛
you haven't had my homemade biscuits, lol

I find it difficult to get the consistency of the dough just right.

So yeah, I'm a big fan of the ones in a can. 🙂

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
18 Nov 08

You haven't invited me over. :'(

m

Moves
19 Nov 08

I made Biscuits and Gravy for dinner tonight!

It was super! Except the biscuits didn't rise a whole lot....wait, I might have forgotten and ingredient. 😕

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
19 Nov 08

Originally posted by mlprior
I made Biscuits and Gravy for dinner tonight!

It was super! Except the biscuits didn't rise a whole lot....wait, I might have forgotten and ingredient. 😕
Sounds like you'll have to make them again tomorrow night. 😛 If at first you don't succeed...

m

Moves
20 Nov 08

Sounds like you'll have to make them again tomorrow night. 😛 If at first you don't succeed...
How did you know i was going to make them again tonight?
I'm closing all the blinds now!
😠

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
20 Nov 08

😠
Grrrrrr! All these people eating GRAVY and nobody invites me over for a taste.... 😠

Moves
20 Nov 08

😠
you'd be shocked to find the array of binoculars and cameras this man has in his possession. i would consider plastic surgery for everyone in the family and relocating to stop this sicko 😉

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
20 Nov 08

you'd be shocked to find the array of binoculars and cameras this man has in his possession. i would consider plastic surgery for everyone in the family and relocating to stop this sicko 😉
Hey, now that's just not true, Trev. I don't have any binoculars in my possession. 😛

or any GRAVY.... 😞

Moves
20 Nov 08

Hey, now that's just not true, Trev. I don't have any binoculars in my possession. 😛

or any GRAVY.... 😞
i just wanted to say 'array' 😵

what sort of gravy would you like? 😛

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
20 Nov 08

i just wanted to say 'array' 😵

what sort of gravy would you like? 😛
Sausage gravy with biscuits seems to be in vogue. But I'd also settle for some nice turkey gravy since it's about the right season for that.

m

Moves
20 Nov 08

No worries, I'll just throw some gravy at him...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.