Originally posted by ogb
    the NRA says "Guns don't kill people, people kill people !"
    ..... and It's also the people with the guns that kill people
  2. Joined
    05 Dec '14
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 01:53
    Originally posted by ogb
    The beloved US Constitution guarantees our right to bear arms !!
    If you really need to kill the bears for their arms then use a bear trap or bow and arrow.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 01:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    Just for the record; constitution or no, I'm armed. In the real world. Only a fool isn't prepared to defend his own against tyranny and the criminal element.

Right?!
    I live alone, and I own a gun. I keep it in a locked metal drawer in my closet. That being said, a gun is just a tool, like a saw or a hammer. I don't know any saw-lovers or hammer-lovers, though. Gun-lovers are just psychopaths.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 02:52
    Serious question, Suzianne. If someone broke into your home, how long would it take you to unlock the drawer and get the gun out? Also, could you do it without making a noise?
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 03:32
    I can't even remember how many women have told me they really wished they'd had a gun available when they perceived danger ! A defensive weapon needs to be within arms reach in the sanctity their own homes !
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 03:38
    Please call your local Law Enforcement agency to ask them if your self defense weapon should be more readily available. It could save your life..
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 04:30
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Serious question, Suzianne. If someone broke into your home, how long would it take you to unlock the drawer and get the gun out? Also, could you do it without making a noise?
    It's locked with a keypad entry, so no need for a key. I can key in the code in the dark by feel and the drawer has a soft motion when opened. Lined with a foam rubber material, even taking out a gun weighing a few pounds won't make noise. The only loaded magazines in there are for that gun so no fumbling in the dark. The loudest noise would be the cocking of the slide.

All that said, it is there as a last resort. I have a black belt and I feel confident protecting myself. I've trained in going up against armed attackers. I have more tools than just a gun.

I was vulnerable at one point in my life and was taken advantage of. Never again.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 22:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I live alone, and I own a gun. I keep it in a locked metal drawer in my closet. That being said, a gun is just a tool, like a saw or a hammer. I don't know any saw-lovers or hammer-lovers, though. Gun-lovers are just psychopaths.
    Agreed. What's to love about a damned gun? They're made for killing. Fact of life. God forbid you or I should ever need to use one.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 23:531 edit
    Isn't it in the constitution because a well armed society is the best defence against FOREIGN invaders?

Does that amendment not say something like that?
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 23:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Isn't it in the constitution because a well armed society is the best defence against FOREIGN invaders?
    Against tyranny.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 23:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Against tyranny.
    from foreign powers?
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 23:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    from foreign powers?
    Seriously?
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 01:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's locked with a keypad entry, so no need for a key. I can key in the code in the dark by feel and the drawer has a soft motion when opened. Lined with a foam rubber material, even taking out a gun weighing a few pounds won't make noise. The only loaded magazines in there are for that gun so no fumbling in the dark. The loudest noise would be the cock ...[text shortened]... ust a gun.

I was vulnerable at one point in my life and was taken advantage of. Never again.
    Does FMF need to start worrying again?
  14. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 01:38
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Does FMF need to start worrying again?
    She would kick his ass!!!!

No gun necessary, just some kung fu fighting!!
  15. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    Just...the Dogg
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 03:00
    Originally posted by ogb
    the NRA says "Guns don't kill people, people kill people !"
    They won't say that after the robot uprising.