1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 14:421 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Who was the wise men that said you could stretch a brain?

-VR
    Professor Peter Koestenbaum whom I had the privilege of working with from time to time, for a few years. He didn't say brain, he said mind.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 14:451 edit
    @torunn said
    Professor Peter Koestenbaum whom I had the privilege of working with from time to time, for a few years. He didn't say brain, he said mind.
    So the brain has nothing to do with the mind?

The brain is an organ but the mind isn't. The brain is the physical place where the mind resides. ... The mind is the awareness of consciousness we know, the ability to control what we do, and know what we are doing and why. It is the ability to understand.

So how could that be stretched?
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 14:511 edit
    @very-rusty said
    So the brain has nothing to do with the mind?

The brain is an organ but the mind isn't. The brain is the physical place where the mind resides. ... The mind is the awareness of consciousness we know, the ability to control what we do, and know what we are doing and why. It is the ability to understand.

So how could that be stretched?
    Well, if you try hard enough you will see that it works... 😏 I suppose you could use a modern expression - to think outside the box.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 15:13
    @divegeester said
    Well if that's true then my use of "hypocritical" was indeed misplaced. Somehow I was under the impression that the "thanks" was being given to the natives. Hence my initial comment.

Apologies.
    The Pilgrims may have expressed some gratitude to the natives, but the main purpose
    of the gathering, according to most historians, was to thank the Almighty.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 15:41
    @torunn said
    Well, if you try hard enough you will see that it works... 😏 I suppose you could use a modern expression - to think outside the box.
    LOL...I have problems thinking inside the box. 😉

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 15:47
    @very-rusty said
    LOL...I have problems thinking inside the box. 😉

-VR
    Then you need to stretch your mind!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 15:50
    @torunn said
    Then you need to stretch your mind!
    Not going to happen, I see everything as being black or white, not much gray area.

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 15:55
    @very-rusty said
    Not going to happen, I see everything as being black or white, not much gray area.

-VR
    I have been said to do the same thing, black/white, can't help it but I try not to go to extremes.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 16:00
    @torunn said
    I have been said to do the same thing, black/white, can't help it but I try not to go to extremes.
    I do that for both of us! 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree