1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '19 22:07
    @kewpie said
    Mike Lomax (mikelom) who died 4 years ago. A decent, gentle man who didn't deserve the bad things that life handed to him at the end.
    We talked a lot, he was a great guitarist and we both lived in Thailand. He was a genius.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 May '19 23:401 edit
    @handyandy said
    Kewpie told you to shut up.
    Actually Andy she told us both but don't recall her saying to shut up, get something correct for once!!! 😉 😛

Andy here is what she said to refresh your feeble mind. kewpie said
    Any chance that you two could go quiet for a while and let other people put the thread back on track by making nominations, please?
    {this is a rhetorical question - the last thing needed here is a response}

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 May '19 12:17
    @very-rusty said
    Actually Andy she told us both but don't recall her saying to shut up, get something correct for once!!! 😉 😛

Andy here is what she said to refresh your feeble mind. kewpie said
    Any chance that you two could go quiet for a while and let other people put the thread back on track by making nominations, please?
    {this is a rhetorical question - the last thing needed here is a response}

-VR
    Sorry VR I just couldn't resists. I would have loved it if both you and GB could have been to the Rhode Island "Meetup". The group there was wonderfully diverse and both you and GB would have fit right in.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '19 12:20
    @great-big-stees said
    Sorry VR I just couldn't resists. I would have loved it if both you and GB could have been to the Rhode Island "Meetup". The group there was wonderfully diverse and both you and GB would have fit right in.
    Actually you are two of the people I would love to have met.

-VR
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    30 May '19 12:26
    @divegeester said
    You and I both told off in this thread...

The amusing thing to me is that the OP is one massive flame anyway. Poor old Luck was just a smoke-screen; the real purpose of the OP was to churn this forum with a Gramp Bobby “in memorial” theme.

So shoot me, it’s bloody well true.
    Classic RHP
    Back of the net dive !
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '19 12:54
    @divegeester said
    You and I both told off in this thread...

The amusing thing to me is that the OP is one massive flame anyway. Poor old Luck was just a smoke-screen; the real purpose of the OP was to churn this forum with a Gramp Bobby “in memorial” theme.

So shoot me, it’s bloody well true.
    Classic RHP
    You weren't a big fan anyways dive, we know.

-VR
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 May '19 13:00
    @Great-Big-Stees

I don't want to hijack this thread, but you mentioned a Rhode Island 'meet-up'.

As I recall, there were a couple of those, and there were pictures available of the various events and people who attended. The pictures of the RI events were not published on RHP, but a link was provided. I remember that it looked like everyone had a great time.

There have also been several 'meet-ups' in England and in Ireland, and at one time there were many pictures from those events that were published on this site. The meet-up page with all those pictures has gone away, or at least I can no longer find it.

I just wanted to mention this, as "Nordlys" was in some of the pictures of at least one of the meet-ups in England, plus a good many other 'old-timers' from yesteryear who are no longer around, plus some that are.

And finally, there was a 'RHP FACES' link floating around, and that was a collection of pictures of various RHP members who were active here at the time. That particular project was not published on the RHP site, but I think one of the members was putting that together as a project and these 'faces' were posted on a seperate site.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '19 13:271 edit
    @mwmiller said
    @Great-Big-Stees

I don't want to hijack this thread, but you mentioned a Rhode Island 'meet-up'.

As I recall, there were a couple of those, and there were pictures available of the various events and people who attended. The pictures of the RI events were not published on RHP, but a link was provided. I remember that it looked like everyone had a great time.

...[text shortened]... the members was putting that together as a project and these 'faces' were posted on a seperate site.
    I believe RHP FACES got taken down on request after the rise of Facebook and a desire for more online privacy.

The “meet ups” link seems to have disappeared but I found it via google search; there are some great photos from the London and Dublin meets including Russ and Chris.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/meetups/index.php

The RI event was I believe held at @phlabibit’s home, was well attended and looked good fun. As you say there was a link in a thread somewhere but I can’t find a trace of it now.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '19 13:42
    @divegeester said
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/meetups/index.php

The RI event was I believe held at @phlabibit’s home, was well attended and looked good fun. As you say there was a link in a thread somewhere but I can’t find a trace of it now.
    Yes,

Phlabs actually held events two years in a row that I know about and pictures were taken. I saw them all that had attended but didn't save any of them. As you said they were on a site, but I believe it has been removed. That is how I know what Andy looks like, among others that attended. I don't believe any pictures were taken at the second one or at least any that were posted.

-VR
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 May '19 15:14
    @divegeester

I did some digging. The person who put together the "RHP Faces" project was a member named "gatecrasher", from South Africa. He hasn't moved for over 3000 days.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 May '19 15:23
    @very-rusty said
    I sincerely believe he made the forums a better lively forum. Like or not one always looked forward to his posts. We stayed in contact for many years, then with his failing health he did not return my e-mails. . .
    Bobby always said you were his favorite stooge.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '19 15:371 edit
    @handyandy said
    Bobby always said you were his favorite stooge.
    We both know that is a lie Andy....Why tell lies? Have you come to doing that now?

Bobby never said a bad thing about anyone not even you who pestered him to no end following him around like you do me now, you must miss being able to follow him around....It was fun though he made you look so silly!!! 😉

-VR
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 May '19 15:49
    @very-rusty said
    We both know that is a lie Andy....Why tell lies? Have you come to doing that now?

Bobby never said a bad thing about anyone not even you who pestered him to no end following him around like you do me now, you must miss being able to follow him around....It was fun though he made you look so silly!!!
    Not as silly as you, buttboy. Among the many things you lack is an accurate memory.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 May '19 16:22
    @very-rusty said
    Actually you are two of the people I would love to have met.
    You were invited to Phil's BBQ but you declined. Bobby tried to invite himself but was turned down (after a poll) because of his penchant for collecting personal information.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '19 18:292 edits
    @handyandy said
    You were invited to Phil's BBQ but you declined. Bobby tried to invite himself but was turned down (after a poll) because of his penchant for collecting personal information.
    Andy,

Explain to me why I would go to a BBQ with a bunch of people who were all having a war of words with me at the time? Does that make any logic to you?
    Bob had no intentions of going anyway Andy!!! Remember he was in on the war of words at the time with you some mods and a few others all of who were going to the BBQ. Do you really think either of us would be stupid enough to put ourselves in that situation? Do you EVER stop and think things out clearly?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree