1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 19:531 edit
    @divegeester said
    You honestly think that?
    Do I honestly think it? Well it’s a plausible reason. The poster talks about someone ending his/her relationship and feeling lonely. It’s a situation most people have experienced and of course most people get over.

Like Torunn I find it an interesting thread. If it’s been introduced by a troll that’s fine by me as it may also be useful to other people here.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 19:581 edit
    I think if someone is really looking for help they should always seek out a professional. Not a bunch of people on a chess site chances are slim of finding one, although I understand we do have at least one known person who does help people.

-VR
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:04
    @very-rusty said
    I think if someone is really looking for help they should always seek out a professional. Not a bunch of people on a chess site chances are slim of finding one, although I understand we do have at least one known person who does help people.

-VR
    We may seek for help but we may also just want to talk about it. We may not listen to reason or good advice, but we need to have your attention for a while, and maybe more than once.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:05
    @moonbus said
    What the fut?? That was you?

Then I want that hamster back!
    1200 pounds, etc, etc.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:11
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Most people going through a break up probably don't need professional help, just a bit of friendly support.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:211 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Yes, professional support is vital for anyone who is having regular thoughts of suicide with a plan of how they may do it but there are also those people who may think that they can’t cope with the pain of loss or rejection who then find they can after a chance conversation with a person.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:44
    @drewnogal said
    Yes, professional support is vital for anyone who is having regular thoughts of suicide with a plan of how they may do it but there are also those people who may think that they can’t cope with the pain of loss or rejection who then find they can after a chance conversation with a person.
    Agreed, but we don't know what the situation is with the OP as they didn't really make it clear on if they were suicidal.

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Most people going through a break up probably don't need professional help, just a bit of friendly support.
    You or I don't know that! He/She may not fall into that category. Have you spoken to them to know for sure?

-VR
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:50
    @very-rusty said
    You or I don't know that! He/She may not fall into that category. Have you spoken to them to know for sure?

-VR
    Yes sir, we have spoken and exchanged tattoos.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes sir, we have spoken and exchanged tattoos.
    Of course you have goad! 😵

-VR
  11. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:24
    @divegeester said
    Another thought therefore might be to send them a private message of sincere warmth and offering to connect with them on a more sustainable basis.
    This is the interweb baby !

He's trying to play us like a fiddle.
  12. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 22:25
    @very-rusty said
    I really don't care what you have to say.

If someone is REALLY looking for help this is the last place to come.

Perhaps it is just attention they are seeking?

-VR
    I'm with trusty rusty here.
  13. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:48
    @rackooooooon said
    very much loved one girl with whom we were together for only 3 months. But she threw me out and for the second year I’m terribly in love with her and still can’t survive this loss. How do you deal with despair and loneliness?
    Take up skydiving. I did. Plenny hot chick skydivers
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 23:524 edits
    @wolfe63 said
    The most sensible suggestion I've ever read from whodey. Too bad he's always so sarcastic.

He probably runs with a gerbil himself.
    😆
    I heard that you were "the gerbil guy", but then, those are must rumors.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 05:02
    @whodey said
    I heard that you were "the gerbil guy", but then, those are must rumors.
    Fox News is talking about Wolfe and his gerbils?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree