1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 May '13 15:061 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Take it to science spanky... that's right. you heard me.
    Ya that or Spirituality.

P.S. I've said a little prayer. Let's see if it works.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 13:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"HELP!" How would whodey or anyone else 'pray' that desperate prayer to "their own insights and revelations"?

"Perhaps to allign one's will with "God's", makes total sense. Maybe this 'nature of prayer' inquiry belongs in the Learned Halls of the Debate or Spirituality Forums. (gb)[/b]
    If "God" wasn't thought of as Christians envisage "Him" then perhaps a refinement of will is in order.
    If you have misunderstood the words then your prayers will remain a hit and miss affair I suspect.

I feel the op question is fine here.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 13:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Ya that or Spirituality.

P.S. I've said a little prayer. Let's see if it works.
    Spirituality?? Gosh, you could probably have a pretty good guess as how this thread would go over there. I believe there has been similar ones there already.
    It's nice to see what the GF thinks about this fairly general activity.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 May '13 13:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Spirituality?? Gosh, you could probably have a pretty good guess as how this thread would go over there. I believe there has been similar ones there already.
    It's nice to see what the GF thinks about this fairly general activity.
    And often with tongue in cheek.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '13 15:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    Actually people fear the IRS more.
    Maybe the conservatives do.

I say "rightfully so" and "it's about time".
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    31 May '13 04:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    He sometimes grants the request; sometimes the petition; sometimes both; sometimes, neither (when granting them would result in the opposite of what the petitioner wished). You say your chess isn't improving, maybe there's been an improvement in the informational and/or entertainment value of your forum posts; or the quality of your social life; or prod ...[text shortened]... y at work. Phil, how frequently do you pray for guidance to an appropriate book on chess? (gb)
    Actually I was kidding, not that my chess is improving but that's not the point; I don't think any god would take me any more seriously than I take them. Praise the lord and pass the pawn; know what I mean?
  7. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 15:45
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    In Johnny's well-meaning thread, he offered his prayers to people who have suffered through tragedy. While this is all well and nice, do people actually still pray? I have a hard time imagining that anyone other than the most devout fundamentalist actually "say their prayers" anymore. Am I wrong?

To me, it's more appropriate to offer condolences and s ...[text shortened]... on? Or perhaps you have a story on the positive effect of prayer that I can defecate on?
    I don't pray. I usually just throw a coin in a wishing well or break a turkey wishbone. I find the odds of my wish being answered are exactly the same.
  8. Joined
    02 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 14:20
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    I don't pray. I usually just throw a coin in a wishing well or break a turkey wishbone. I find the odds of my wish being answered are exactly the same.
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree