1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 May '19 18:12
    Someone running across the grass naked at Wimbledon can dominate the moment.

The point of this thread is ..... ???
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 May '19 18:12
    @very-rusty said
    eladar,

Have you considered that maybe not many participate in the forums so it appears they are dominating them? NOTE: As you said always the same posters! πŸ˜‰

Look at the thumbs down I receive not that many participate between the thumbs down and up. I think many just sit back with their popcorn and watch the show. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    Yeah the people who do this kind of thing only do it for entertainment purposes.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 18:272 edits
    @eladar said
    Yeah the people who do this kind of thing only do it for entertainment purposes.
    Personally I have a great laugh at how serious people get about things, reminds me of myself when I was new to the site!!! πŸ˜‰ Many take things very personal, which in the real world they would probably laugh off or not say anything.

You know like the guy in line behind you in the bank whistling loudly. Well I will turn around and tell him how annoying that is, many people wouldn't do that.

-VR
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 May '19 18:46
    @very-rusty said
    You know like the guy in line behind you in the bank whistling loudly. Well I will turn around and tell him how annoying that is, many people wouldn't do that.
    Really? I'd guess that you'd be the guy whistling.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 May '19 19:03
    @HandyAndy

Why is that mutually exclusive?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 May '19 19:08
    @eladar said
    @HandyAndy

In Rusty's mind, one is the thoughtless rule-breaker and the other is the heroic monitor.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 May '19 19:50
    @Eladar

I suppose someone could write a dissertation on Internet forum personality types, or possibly already has. There’d be rich pickings here.
  8. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 May '19 20:16
    @eladar said
    Yeah sure you can start up a few threads but to really dominate a forum and attempt to keep out discussions you do not like you need to do more.

First thing is to come into threads and bring up a tangent discussion to change the subject of a thread. No need to see if anyone wants to discuss the tangent demand thst the people interested in the original discussion talk about ...[text shortened]... sations.

It is something I have seen at RHP since I joined. It is the exact same people doing it.
    We have nobody like that on here.
    Everybody who wants a say can have one.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 20:30
    @the-gravedigger said
    We have nobody like that on here.
    Everybody who wants a say can have one.
    Of course everyone can have a say, so long as they stay within the TOS.

Some walk a very fine line at times!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 May '19 04:28
    @moonbus said
    @Eladar

I suppose someone could write a dissertation on Internet forum personality types, or possibly already has. There’d be rich pickings here.
    In fact I know of a person who did a bachelor thesis on it some 20 years back πŸ˜‰
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 May '19 04:44
    @ponderable said
    In fact I know of a person who did a bachelor thesis on it some 20 years back πŸ˜‰
    There was a site, but he used the term forum warriors and that term is swamped by more recent users of the term, so I can't find it. It had an odd webpage ID which I can't recall. Maybe it could be found in this forum from 10 years ago..
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 May '19 05:03
    @Eladar
    So posting stuff you don’t agree with, you do realise that the best conversations are the meandering ones. You can always bring it back onto your desired track with a post of your own.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 May '19 06:02
    How? First, find a bunch of people who agree to be dominated. I don't think that is likely to happen here.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '19 09:52
    @eladar said
    @HandyAndy

It's not. It's no more exclusive than an ill-educated, opinionated lout starting a thread to complain about all the opinionated, ill-educated louts in these forums.
  15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    17 May '19 10:171 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    It's not. It's no more exclusive than an ill-educated, opinionated lout starting a thread to complain about all the opinionated, ill-educated louts in these forums.
    Your definition of 'an ill-educated, opinionated lout.'
    Someone who disagrees with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree