1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 21:40
    Originally posted by rookie54
    because i cannot say it in my own words, hear this...

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
    Viktor E. Frankl
    The quotation by Frankl is from his book, Man's Search for Meaning, dealing with his experiences as a prisoner in Nazi concentration camps during Word War II. It's well worth reading.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 21:462 edits
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Remember when you said you were dying? How is that working out for you?
    Remember well, my friend from December 2010 to early April 2012 when I returned to Red Hot Pawn;

however, we're all "dying" one second of each minute, of each hour of each day of our mortal lives on planet earth.

"How" is this [realization during your global travels] "working out for you?"
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 21:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Remember well, my friend from December 2010 to early April 2012 when I returned to Red Hot Pawn;

however, we're [b]all
    "dying" one second of each minute, of each hour of each day of our mortal lives on planet earth.

"How" is this [realization during your global travels] "working out for you?"[/b]
    It is just you who made an entire show out of it. Just die already and be done with it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 22:04
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The quotation by Frankl is from his book, Man's Search for Meaning, dealing with his experiences as a prisoner in Nazi concentration camps during Word War II. It's well worth reading.
    Have you read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich? about life in the Russian gulags? also worth reading.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 22:05
    Originally posted by Kegge
    It is just you who made an entire show out of it. Just die already and be done with it.
    Shut up you girls blouse.
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 22:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Shut up you girls blouse.
    HA!!!
    and,
    HA!!!
    again...
    of all the things i can think of that i'd NOT like to be,
    a lady's blouse is definitely not on the list...
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 00:51
    Thanks for the heads up Handyone. I will try and get it at my library.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 03:40
    Honesty and respect are the foundation of any friendship with a woman here or anywhere else.
    And a third is to be instinctively patient; the fourth, to be trustworthy; the fifth, to be discreet,.
    Why? Because women are attracted to a man's strength not a male or a boy's weakness.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 03:51
    And a third is to be instinctively patient; the fourth, to be trustworthy; the fifth, to be discreet,.
    Why? Because women are attracted to a man's strength not a male or a boy's weakness.
    Don't forget the pedestal.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 04:023 edits
    Underscoring these five, mature women are attracted to mature men with an authentic sense of humor. Why? Ask your mother or an older sister. Seventh, in both friendship and romance, learn to read this unique woman's status: in conversation, know when an ellipsis or a comma or period or silence is in order.

There's one more which you'll have to discover for yourself
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 07:06
    Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" was required reading for me in high school...not required by by school, but by my very wise mother, who refused to allow me to graduate until I had read it. Frankl's eloquence is magnified by understanding that his work on logotherapy was continued and applied in the direst of human conditions. His observation that the essential human freedom is the ability to choose one's attitude in the face of the any given circumstance has given me the ability to forge forward during the most difficult times in my life.

I concur that MSFM is a valuable read.
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 07:17
    As for the OP...quoting and understanding the likes of Frankl and Solzhenitsyn are great openers for intelligent conversation....

...so is

"...darlin' allow me to help you inna mah red Dodge pick-up..."

I'm easy 😉
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 09:13
    Originally posted by Kegge
    “Often those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.” ―Shannon L. Alder

“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.” ―George Bernard Shaw
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 12:01
    “Often those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.” ―Shannon L. Alder

“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.” ―George Bernard Shaw
    More copy paste crap
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Dec '15 12:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Have you read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich? about life in the Russian gulags? also worth reading.
    This one I highly recommend.

The huge "Archipelago Gulag" Needs a lot of Stamina to read through. I got it from the library the first volume was present in 5 Exemplars, the second in one the third they had to bring from the Magazine...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree