1. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 21:32
    When I read the site rules, it said you had to be at least 13 to be here. After reading some posts in the various forums I think that is the maximum age, and I am too old to be here.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 21:45
    Originally posted by Gambrel
    When I read the site rules, it said you had to be at least 13 to be here. After reading some posts in the various forums I think that is the maximum age, and I am too old to be here.
    I think perhaps you have popped your head in the wrong forum threads. 🙂

There really are some splendid people here, and even the ones who seem (at first glance) to have the intellect of a sandwich, are multi dimensional and make much more sense at other times, on other topics. (When not slinging mud).

Welcome anyway to the forums sir.
  3. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 22:35
    Join the club. I despair of some of our regular forum posters. Perhaps they think they're being entertaining, but it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 22:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Join the club. I despair of some of our regular forum posters. Perhaps they think they're being entertaining, but it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
    I feel the same about some forum threads.

But each to his own. Toleration and more toleration, apart from forum bullies.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 22:38
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I feel the same about some forum threads.

But each to his own. Toleration and more toleration, apart from forum bullies.
    Lol.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 23:49
    Question is, would anyone posting here pass the Turing test?
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 00:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    you have popped your head
    OMB GHOSTIE!!!
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:01
    You have a point, but it's pretty much the same at other sites. It got so bad over at itsyourturn.com that all of the message boards were dropped from the format. Gone, caput... now you see it, and now you don't. But that was a few years ago, so I don't know what (if anything) may have changed since then.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:10
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You have a point, but it's pretty much the same at other sites. It got so bad over at itsyourturn.com that all of the message boards were dropped from the format. Gone, caput... now you see it, and now you don't. But that was a few years ago, so I don't know what (if anything) may have changed since then.
    Was it the right decision to drop the message boards from the format at itsyourturn.com ?
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Was it the right decision to drop the message boards from the format at itsyourturn.com ?
    It was the owner's decision. Some people were threatening to sue him because of...

Let's just say there were some treacherous people at the boards. One guy was PMing 'personal/sensitive' information about himself to people he despised, and then waited to see if it showed up at any of the public boards. We all knew who he was and what he was up to, and he was always making a big stink over one thing or another. And he wasn't the only one. They were constantly bothering the owner over incidents they themselves had instigated, but a few of them threatened to sue him... and that's when he decided to drop the boards from his site.

Oh, and get this... one of their main complaints was that he wasn't properly monitoring the boards. LoL
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:341 edit
    A psychiatrist colleague of mine once said that people's prejudicial attitudes don't radically reverse themselves with age, in fact they are exacerbated.

So the under-13 mentalities you are running into may actually be living out the Bard's seven stages of life, thinking they are in stage 5 when they are into stage 6.

http://www.nosweatshakespeare.com/resources/seven-ages-of-man/

"Stage 5, Middle aged: He regards himself as wise and experienced and doesn’t mind sharing his views and ideas with anyone and likes making speeches. He’s made a name for himself and is prosperous and respected. As a result of his success he’s become vain. He enjoys the finer things of life, like good food.

"Stage 6, Old man: He is old and nothing like his former self – physically or mentally. He looks and behaves like an old man, dresses like one and he has a thin piping voice now. His influence slips away.".

Edit: Of course you and I (and Kewpie) are exceptions.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:35
    It was the owner's decision. Some people were threatening to sue him because of...
    So was it the right decision to drop the message boards in your view?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:381 edit
    Let's just say there were some treacherous people at the boards. One guy was PMing 'personal/sensitive' about himself to people he despised, and then waited to see if it showed up at any of the public boards. We all knew who he was and what he was up to, and he was always making a big stink over one thing or another. And he wasn't the only one. They were constantly bothering the owner over incidents they themselves had instigated, but a few of them threatened to sue him... and that's when he decided to drop the boards from his site.

If people were threatening to sue the site, it doesn't sound much like things here. And the only big intervention here of late has been the closure of the Clans Forum (it's up and running again) for a couple of months as the exchanges there had got out of hand in the opinion of the web site administrators.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Stage 5, Middle aged: He regards himself as wise and experienced and doesn’t mind sharing his views and ideas with anyone and likes making speeches. He’s made a name for himself and is prosperous and respected. As a result of his success he’s become vain. He enjoys the finer things of life, like good food."
    This would seem to apply to me exactly except for the fact I am not prosperous, I'm no more or less vain than many other regulars here [regardless of their "Stage"], and while I might enjoy the finer things of life when it comes to things like music and reading, I wouldn't describe myself as a foodie. 🙂
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So was it the right decision to drop the message boards in your view?
    Why are you asking me? It was the owner's decision, and it really doesn't matter if I think it was the right move or not. If I were him I might have done the same thing... but I'm not him, so I can't say for sure what I would have done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree