1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 07:37
    The thread title says it all. It's like Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, Star Wars. I haven't seen any of them. But let's not make this thread about me. Why do people rave about The Matrix?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 07:39
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Why do people rave about The Matrix?
    People were possibly raving about it 19 years ago when it was released.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 07:56
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    People were possibly raving about it 19 years ago when it was released.
    Why aren't you raving about it now?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 09:101 edit
    Why aren't you raving about it now?
    My raving days are long gone, if they were existed at all.

You should give it a viewing, I think you would enjoy it.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 13:23
    The thread title says it all. It's like Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, Star Wars. I haven't seen any of them. But let's not make this thread about me. Why do people rave about The Matrix?
    the film is an explored ole trope,
    "computers begin to think and decide to eliminate humans"
    what made it interesting was the technology used to make the film ie, computer generated graphics...
    other than that technology, the film is merely another "boy meets girl in an impossible situation but they find love anyways and proceed to boink in slow motion"

and dodge bullets...
    and outsmart computers...
    and carrie-anne moss in skin tight leather pants...
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 13:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    My raving days are long gone, if they were existed at all.

You should give it a viewing, I think you would enjoy it.
    I am fairly proud of the list of films I haven't seen. It sets me apart from the throng, I've found. But I'd want to be pretty sure I'd rave about The Matrix before committing to watching it. I wouldn't want to approach it with mere curiosity. I'd want some certainty that I'd rave about it having seen it. You seem to be wishy-washy about it ~ "you should"... "I think" etc. It's not helping.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 14:36
    It's an excellent Christian allegory. You would hate it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 14:45
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    What a strange thing to say. I was a Christian for almost three decades and one of my hobbies is discussing spirituality with people, including Christians, here on this website. What a silly little partisan religionist you are! ๐Ÿ˜ด
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 14:50
    What a strange thing to say. I was a Christian for almost three decades and one of my hobbies is discussing spirituality with people, including Christians, here on this website. What a silly little partisan religionist you are! ๐Ÿ˜ด
    I was serious but I should rephrase to say, "I believe you would hate it." I can't know it for a fact.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 14:56
    I was serious but I should rephrase to say, "I believe you would hate it." I can't know it for a fact.
    You're just being daft.
  11. Standard membernevare
    TRUMP
    Canada
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 15:021 edit
    Damn. I was hoping I was the one to point out the matrix movies are the new testament told in futuristic movie form. Not too many people pick up on that but then again most people are stupid.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 18:12
    The single premiss of Matrix caught people's attention at the time; it played itself out. Nothing to rave about now.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 19:01
    Go watch Star Wars. Immediately!

It annoys me immensely that you haven't watched any of them. ๐Ÿ˜ 
  14. Standard membernevare
    TRUMP
    Canada
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 19:08
    Star wars was great until they felt the need to incorporate interracial relationships. Why not white guy black girl? Nooo we can't do that.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '18 20:50
    I am fairly proud of the list of films I haven't seen. It sets me apart from the throng, I've found. But I'd want to be pretty sure I'd rave about The Matrix before committing to watching it. I wouldn't want to approach it with mere curiosity. I'd want some certainty that I'd rave about it having seen it. You seem to be wishy-washy about it ~ "you should"... "I think" etc. It's not helping.
    Before I even consider dusting down my rave machine, I’d like to know why you think you would be a suitable consumer of pulp scI-if.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree