1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 02:24
    England's all trying to dominate the world, and they failed to lock down their own little island.

fuh ree dum !!!
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 07:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The religious freedom - or abolition - could occur through something like the Black Death triggering a superstitious reaction to either particular religions or to a complete rejection of all religions. The population could interpret any really widespread natural disaster to mean a warning from their god or gods, indicating that humanity must do X or Y. Perhaps it would be better to go back to the era of the Crusades to have this major event occur.
    Okay, but what would YOU actually do, to make such happen? That's the first part of the game here.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 07:58
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Oh yeah? 😠
    I'd wipe out crime in England then Australia would never have happened and England would have about a billion people in it by now. 😞

Pip pip cheerio old chap 😞
    Jesus, no one granted you magic powers. If England suffered no crime then Australia would develop different than it did, but you haven't argued how it would be different and MORE TO THE POINT you have given no thought nor explanation as to how you, if you had a time machine, would wipe out crime in England.

Jeez, its a bunch of orangutans in here. All bluster and bite, no substance.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:02
    Originally posted by apathist
    Okay, but what would YOU actually [b]do, to make such happen? That's the first part of the game here.[/b]
    I wouldn't actually DO anything. I'd rather be a passive observer, that way I don't have to take any responsibility for the consequences.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:14
    I wouldn't actually DO anything. I'd rather be a passive observer, that way I don't have to take any responsibility for the consequences.
    Fair enough. But why are here now? Do you not understand how to play? Did you fail to read and follow the rules?

This thread is proof that chess players are at least as stupid as everyone else. What is the color of sad?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:22
    If you had a time machine, and wanted to make our world better, what would you do?

Readers are encouraged to shoot down the wishes. For example, killing Hitler when he was not yet empowered may result in USA not becoming a super-power (we'd miss out on owning those awesome scientists that gave US the a-bomb).

Good clean fun.
    http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120417051252AAqaTQU
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:23

Sideline's safe, fun... other?
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:321 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Sideline's safe, fun... other?
    I hate random links. Had to scrub my computer more than once because of them.

I do trust you though, Grampy Bobby. Can you please speak clearer?

edit one meant once
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:51
    This thread is proof that chess players are at least as stupid as everyone else. What is the color of sad?
    Did not mean to lash at anyone

k was just in the way, he's worth listening to
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 11:541 edit
    If that was meant for me, you're right, I didn't actually note that I had to suggest performing an action. As a member of the female species, WW2 vintage, we were expected to leave actions to our 'better half' so it's not something I do instinctively. Sorry if I distracted your thread from its intended path.😳
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 11:57
    I hate random links. Had to scrub my computer more than once because of them.

I do trust you though, Grampy Bobby. Can you please speak clearer?

edit one meant once
    Ok. Thanks.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 12:09

If that was meant for me, you're right, I didn't actually note that I had to suggest performing an action. As a member of the female species, WW2 vintage, we were expected to leave actions to our 'better half' so it's not something I do instinctively. Sorry if I distracted your thread from its intended path.😳
    Would you regard engaging in conversation by posting to an iternet bulletin board as 'performing an action'?
    By the way, the War Two Generation gave back to the earth some of finest men and women of all time.
    We salute your gender and you, personally, for your tireless efforts to elevate the quality and enjoyment
    potential of the Red Hot Pawn Public Forums. (gb)
    -
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 12:15
    If you had a time machine, and wanted to make our world better, what would you do?

I would go back to July 14th 2007 and change gb's password on this site.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 17:05
    Jesus, no one granted you magic powers. If England suffered no crime then Australia would develop different than it did, but you haven't argued how it would be different and MORE TO THE POINT you have given no thought nor explanation as to how you, if you had a time machine, would wipe out crime in England.

Jeez, its a bunch of orangutans in here. All bluster and bite, no substance.
    Jesus, no one granted you magic powers.
    Blasphemy! God gave Holy powers to my Lord.

you have given no thought nor explanation as to how you, if you had a time machine, would wipe out crime in England.
    I would aid Scotland in defeating the Brits and drive them into the ocean.

Jeez, its a bunch of orangutans in here. All bluster and bite, no substance
    you'll think different when the King's last name is Wallace or Bruce and you have to stand when they play God Save CP.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 19:48
    I thought, from your nick and avatar, but I was out of line. Should not matter. You should get as least as many rights as I do.

I deserve nothing, but what I will fight for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree