1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 02:45
    Originally posted by apathist
    No. Mostly I'm selfish, though.

We are breeding ourselves to extinction, and my moneys won't change that. If I were rich enough, think to back Virgin's play. We have to get off this planet, before it dies. Because of us.
    So use some of your trillions to buy off governments to impose birth control. Problem solved.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 06:59
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    So use some of your trillions to buy off governments to impose birth control. Problem solved.
    PRC tried that, and failed, even with a nation full of kowtowing pussies. Try it in America, the Land Of Texas, and your career is over. We need a better plan.

I've heard that birth-rates drop as income rises.
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:09
    I've had a recurring fantasy since childhood that involves a time machine.

I love music. I obsess about music, ask any of my friends, and they'll tell you. They'll groan about how I constantly try to get them to listen (and appreciate equally) my music.

Anyway I've always had this fantasy since I can remember, of going way back in time... and visit some ancient tribe that doesn't know anything about music other than maybe a couple of old drums with buffalo skin stretched across the top of them. In the fantasy, I perform music (any music that I love) with a band, and let them hear, for the first time, this really cool music and singing...

And of course, in the fantasy, they all start to dance and go crazy, loving the sounds... thinking we are godly or something....

Oh well. 😕
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:12
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Didn't you forget the 6' before the 4....LOL...
    Maybe. Am in the cups. Not responsible for the mayhem that occurs. Well, maybe I am, but also give damn little damn about it. Is my typing not pristine? Think that was easy?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:22
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I've had a recurring fantasy since childhood that involves a time machine.

I love music. I obsess about music, ask any of my friends, and they'll tell you. They'll groan about how I constantly try to get them to listen (and appreciate equally) my music.

Anyway I've always had this fantasy since I can remember, of going way back in time... and visit s ...[text shortened]... e and go crazy, loving the sounds... thinking we are godly or something....

Oh well. 😕
    Seediq Bale. Convince yourself that the long ago did not understand. :/
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:36
    More civilians were killed in WW II than soldiers. That is the norm, we all bend over.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:56
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    The US was arlready a super power. There is a reason we've never been invaded (minus pearl harbour which was a massive blunder by the japs) and thats because it would be a strategical nightmare to attempt such a thing... You would have to invade Canada or get them in bed with you to come in from the North but that would never happen and if it did would be ...[text shortened]... y... ask the Brits how they fared with their massively overwhelming units and better training!
    Or the Americans in Vietnam and or Afghanistan.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:58
    The rise of the first two two superpowers, Russia and the United States, can be
    traced to World War II. To be a superpower, a nation needs
    to have a strong economy, an overpowering military, immense
    international political power and, related to this, a
    strong national ideology. It was this war, and its results,
    that caused each of these superpowers to ...[text shortened]... the fast track to becoming the first nation with nuclear power. The world's first super-power.
    "The rise of the first two two superpowers, Russia and the United States"??
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 08:08
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Jesus, no one granted you magic powers.
    Blasphemy! God gave Holy powers to my Lord.

you have given no thought nor explanation as to how you, if you had a time machine, would wipe out crime in England.
    I would aid Scotland in defeating the Brits and drive them into the ocean.

Jeez, its a bunch of orangutans in here. All bluster and bite, no subst ...[text shortened]... hen the King's last name is Wallace or Bruce and you have to stand when they play God Save CP.
    I'd go back and give the native Americans modern day weaponry so they can drive the European Americans back into the sea from whence they came.
  10. out on bail
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 10:56
    If you had a time machine, and wanted to make our world better, what would you do?

Readers are encouraged to shoot down the wishes. For example, killing Hitler when he was not yet empowered may result in USA not becoming a super-power (we'd miss out on owning those awesome scientists that gave US the a-bomb).

Good clean fun.
    I'd go back far enough to win outright the 161 million Euro lottery, and use all but 10 million for deserving causes. (I might consider buying Leeds United FC, only so I could wind it up!).
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 13:41
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I'd go back and give the native Americans modern day weaponry so they can drive the European Americans back into the sea from whence they came.
    I like that. Iroquois was a nation, spanning shores and trading all out. They allowed the weirds on ships to park here. It killed them though. A few assault rifles might stop a few ships, but the ships will keep coming and keep coming. You made a B-grade movie but changed the outcome not at all.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 13:44
    Originally posted by michael liddle
    I'd go back far enough to win outright the 161 million Euro lottery, and use all but 10 million for deserving causes. (I might consider buying Leeds United FC, only so I could wind it up!).
    No one can hear you, Gollum.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 13:52
    If I had a time machine... I would have saved all that money for watches, and I would have gone back in time so to make another move in my chess games!
    ...bad jokes...
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 13:54
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    "[b]The rise of the first two two superpowers, Russia and the United States"??[/b]
    You need more time to cope?
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 13:57
    I like that. Iroquois was a nation, spanning shores and trading all out. They allowed the weirds on ships to park here. It killed them though. A few assault rifles might stop a few ships, but the ships will keep coming and keep coming. You made a B-grade movie but changed the outcome not at all.
    I was thinking more like Tomahawk missiles, n Apache gunships. It would still produce B-movie, but it would be a great B-movie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree