General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 00:05
    I think it is important for folks to share things they've discovered along their way in life; things that are so pleasing, they will never go back to life without them. Do you have any items to add to the list?

    I'll start with 2 off the top of my head:


    Leather seats (car)
    PANDORA
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Mar '13 00:09
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I think it is important for folks to share things they've discovered along their way in life; things that are so pleasing, they will never go back to life without them. Do you have any items to add to the list?

    I'll start with 2 off the top of my head:


    Leather seats (car)
    PANDORA
    Edible food.
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 00:113 edits
    GB,

    Try to resist the temptation to derail the thread, and take this seriously. I'll give you a 2nd chance. Not to be melodramatic, but this thread presents an opportunity to share with others your pleasant discoveries and possibly improve their quality of life.

    Example, I bet you don't even know what Pandora is. But if you asked and I acquainted you with it, you could take the speakers and subwoofer, hook them up to your computer, and be listening a to an intuitive, free jukebox that plays only the music you want to hear, 24x7. Wouldn't that be nice?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Mar '13 00:15
    Originally posted by sumydid
    GB,

    Try to resist the temptation to derail the thread, and take this seriously. I'll give you a 2nd chance.
    No worries, sumy, already decided to take a month off as of tomorrow evening to give everybody else some much needed rest.
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 00:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    No worries, sumy, already decided to take a month off as of tomorrow evening to give everybody else some much needed rest.
    Great. So you refuse to participate.

    To each his own, my good brother.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Mar '13 00:21
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Great. So you refuse to participate.

    To each his own, my good brother.
    Thinking I may revise my resume before leaving:

    About Grampy Bobby
    Last moved 30 seconds ago.
    Done.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 00:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thinking I may revise my resume before leaving:

    About Grampy Bobby
    Last moved 30 seconds ago.
    Done.
    Stubborn as a mule, I see. Thanks.
  8. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 00:31
    Gonna revise my list:

    - Leather seats for my car
    - PANDORA
    - The ability to squelch internet users who annoy me
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    24 Mar '13 00:491 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I think it is important for folks to share things they've discovered along their way in life; things that are so pleasing, they will never go back to life without them. Do you have any items to add to the list?

    I'll start with 2 off the top of my head:


    Leather seats (car)
    PANDORA
    These are from lower in my brain stem.

    1. Having an magic moment (euphemism).
    2. My partner having a magic moment. (That is the order; if not temporally, it is still the order of importance.)
    (3. In the absence of a partner, see #1.)

    That Mother Nature wants us to be happy, is the lasting discovery.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Mar '13 01:08
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Stubborn as a mule, I see. Thanks.
    Okey Dokey. Guess an old guy will just take his balls and bat and stagger on home.Reveal Hidden Content
    Excuse me, Sir, does anybody besides Prez William Clinton know if where my home iz iz still where it iz?
  11. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 01:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Okey Dokey. Guess an old guy will just take his balls and bat and stagger on home.[hidden]Excuse me, Sir, does anybody besides Prez William Clinton know if where my home iz iz still where it iz?[/hidden]
    <hug>
  12. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 01:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    These are from lower in my brain stem.

    1. Having an magic moment (euphemism).
    2. My partner having a magic moment. (That is the order; if not temporally, it is still the order of importance.)
    (3. In the absence of a partner, see #1.)

    That Mother Nature wants us to be happy, is the lasting discovery.
    I was hoping folks would post things that the rest of us could improve our lives with.

    But it's okay, no problem, though I would ask you to describe what you mean by magic moment. You added the partner thing so it almost sounds like you are talking about orgasm. That would be a perfectly legitimate submission in this thread, but, since arguably everyone here knows about that, it's not exactly something that should be expected to help us improve our lives with.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    323098
    24 Mar '13 01:43
    Angry Birds for PC.

    and I'm serious.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    24 Mar '13 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    <hug>
    [ugh]
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    24 Mar '13 01:50
    Yes! I tried that and didn't get hooked. Many of my friends are hooked on it though. Thank you for the suggestion!
Back to Top