"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Here at RHP, more often than not, X calls Y a "troll" because Y disagrees with X or because X has been shown (by Y) to have contradicted himself or to have been incoherent.

In Grampy Bobby's case, he has been called out several times for being a "troll" on the Spirituality Forum by other posters for things like starting threads with titles along the lines of ...[text shortened]... , the likes of which the forum was designed for].

That's why I've asked him for his insight.
Are you seeking advice from GB on how to enhance your own trolling ways? is being a legendary troll not enough for you?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Are you seeking advice from GB on how to enhance your own trolling ways? is being a legendary troll not enough for you?
No, I'm asking him what he thinks about the accusations of being a "troll" that are levelled at him, and whether he thinks it has any more validity when he levels the same accusation at other people.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
No, I'm asking him what he thinks about the accusations of being a "troll" that are levelled at him, and whether he thinks it has any more validity when he levels the same accusation at other people.
and yet he has accused no one in his opening remarks and seems simply content to discuss the matter objectively whereas you by contrast leapt up like a gazelle and reduced the thread instantly to a tabloid state of focusing on personality.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

and yet he has accused no one in his opening remarks and seems simply content to discuss the matter objectively whereas you by contrast leapt up like a gazelle and reduced the thread instantly to a tabloid state of focusing on personality.
Grampy Bobby has been lashing out at people who disagree with him in exactly this way for years on this forum and on the Spirituality Forum too ~ it may have escaped your notice. He frequently refers to unnamed fellow posters as "trolls" and starts threads about "trolls" when his own wretched passive aggressive behaviour reaches low points. 😉

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

you [have] reduced the thread instantly to a tabloid state of focusing on personality.
Don't be daft. The OP is absolutely, utterly and completely "focusing on personality". My insights, such as they are, are entirely in keeping with the intent and spirit of the OP.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Grampy Bobby has been lashing out at people who disagree with him in exactly this way for years on this forum and on the Spirituality Forum too ~ it may have escaped your notice. He frequently refers to unnamed fellow posters as "trolls" and starts threads about "trolls" when his own wretched passive aggressive behaviour reaches low points. 😉
That is as it may be but how does it justify your own proclivity for reducing almost every thread that you enter to the level of personality? Surely you should be more concerned about that?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

That is as it may be but how does it justify your own proclivity for reducing almost every thread that you enter to the level of personality? Surely you should be more concerned about that?
I don't reduce "almost every thread that [I] enter to the level of personality" and perhaps you should think about your own tendencies in that regard. Do you have any insights into the OP and why Grampy Bobby may have been persuaded to post this kind of material for the umpteenth time at this particular time? 🙂

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I don't reduce "almost every thread that you enter to the level of personality" and perhaps you should think about your own tendencies in that regard. Do you have any insights into the OP and why Grampy Bobby may have been persuaded to post this kind of material for the umpteenth time at this particular time? 🙂
ye you do and i will provide evidence.

In this thread you immediately referenced a personality rather than making reference to the actual main content of the post. Yesterday Dasa posted a long piece in spirituality about materialism which once again you immediately lept upon to focus on his personality and made almost no comment on the main content of his post. That is just two instances that come immediately to mind since yesterday.

I don't know why GB posted it and frankly i don't care, its the content of posts that interest me, not who posted them or why, elements which seems to be the entire focus of your own field of interest.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

In this thread you immediately referenced a personality rather than making reference to the actual main content of the post.

I was asked for my insight into what Grampy Bobby posted and I gave it. Do you have any insight ~ as requested by the OP?

Yesterday Dasa posted a long piece in spirituality about materialism which once again you immediately lept upon to focus on his personality and made almost no comment on the main content of his post.

I gave him some advice on how he might make his message more digestible and focussed directly on one of his OP's fundamental claims.

I don't know why GB posted it and frankly i don't care, its the content of posts that interest me....

If so why aren't you posting about that instead of me?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

robbie, you seem intent on making this thread about me rather than Grampy Bobby's OP.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
[b]In this thread you immediately referenced a personality rather than making reference to the actual main content of the post.

I was asked for my insight into what Grampy Bobby posted and I gave it. Do you have any insight ~ as requested by the OP?

Yesterday Dasa posted a long piece in spirituality about materialism which once again you immediately ...[text shortened]... tent of posts that interest me....

If so why aren't you posting about that instead of me?[/b]
no you did not, you completely ignored what GB had posted in whole and instead used this thread as another excuse to launch a personal attack on him. Yes you completely ignored the main content of Dasas post and get this made his personality the focus of your interest instead.

Did I not comment on the content of Dasas post stating that his arguments could not be substantiated? As for this instance here it was necessary to enter into this modus operandi to highlight just what you yourself do in almost every single thread that you enter, consider my posts here like a mirror FMF.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
robbie, you seem intent on making this thread about me rather than Grampy Bobby's OP.
Its ok, I got what I came for, carry on attacking Bobs personality, he must be practically bullet proof to it by now.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Its ok, I got what I came for, carry on attacking Bobs personality, he must be practically bullet proof to it by now.
Grampy Bobby offered some copy pasted analysis about what "trolls" are. He asked for insights. Grampy Bobby has been accused of being a "troll" (many times) so I asked him for his insights into the accusation just as I have given my insights into why I have been accused of being a "troll" (also many times). Meanwhile, you yourself have not even addressed the OP yet.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

Yes you completely ignored the main content of Dasas post and get this made his personality the focus of your interest instead.
Dasa's chose to begin his OP with the following declaration: "Anything that goes against this is ignorance."

I addressed this content head on.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

no you did not, you completely ignored what GB had posted in whole and instead used this thread as another excuse to launch a personal attack on him.
His OP is about "trolls". I asked him ~ as a poster who often gets accused of being a "troll" ~ for his insight into the accusation. I am also a poster who often gets accused of being a "troll" and, when I was asked for my insight into that, I gave it. Isn't this what is supposed to happen on a thread where 'insights' are solicited?