1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have posted on this web site maybe 40,000 times, robbie.
    yes indeed FMF - are you planning on making an argument with the statistics?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Can you point out where it makes any references to the content as posted by the OP?
    The thread is about "trolls" and why one might be accused of being one. I have offered my insights. I was asking for Grampy Bobby's own insights into the topic/
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:01
    yes indeed FMF - are you planning on making an argument with the statistics?
    Your "two instances" are presumably " an argument with [a] statistic". And I'm not even sure I know what your argument is.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    The thread is about "trolls" and why one might be accused of being one. I have offered my insights. I was asking for Grampy Bobby's own insights into the topic/
    Then why not simply make reference to the content of his post rather than him personally?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your "two instances" are presumably " an argument with [a] statistic". And I'm not even sure I know what your argument is.
    No they are only two instances since yesterday, i am sure i could find literally thousands
    more if i had the stomach for it.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are we to understand that you have never engaged in trolling FMF?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:04
    Then why not simply make reference to the content of his post rather than him personally?
    His post is about "trolls" as was my question. This whole thread is about "trolls". I have been on-topic throughout. I've offered my insights into the accusations of "trolling". We await Grampy Bobby's insights.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:05
    Are we to understand that you have never engaged in trolling FMF?
    You mean the mentioning-dead-relatives and other sinister and horrible kinds of stuff? No.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:082 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You mean the mentioning-dead-relatives and other sinister and horrible kinds of stuff? No.
    No GB's original post provided a definition,

An Internet troll is someone who comes into a discussion and posts comments designed
    to upset or disrupt the conversation.

Perhaps your comments casting up GBs alleged self confessed trolling in the spirituality
    forum were intended to refresh and edify him?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:11
    No GB's original post provided a definition,

An Internet troll is someone who comes into a discussion and posts comments designed
    to upset or disrupt the conversation.
    I stand by my on-topic contributions to this thread. I think I have made pertinent points and made them cogently. No "trolling" has been involved, on my part at least.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:12
    Perhaps your comments casting up GBs alleged self confessed trolling in the spirituality forum were intended to refresh and edify him?
    I am sure he remembers doing it. And I have no reason to think he regrets it at all.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:173 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am sure he remembers doing it. And I have no reason to think he regrets it at all.
    So retrospectively casting up details which could potentially make one appear hypocritical is
    your idea of making someone feel good about themselves. Interesting perspective that,
    you don't think it could be upsetting? potentially embarrassing?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:22
    So retrospectively casting up details which could potentially make one appear hypocritical is
    your idea of making someone feel good about themselves. Interesting perspective that,
    you don't think it could be upsetting?
    Whether Grampy Bobby thinks of himself as hypocritical or not is something he could perhaps address in there among his insights when they appear. I don't think any facts I present will have much effect on what he thinks about it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:24
    you don't think it could be upsetting? potentially embarrassing?
    I think any definition of "trolling" that would include people mentioning or questioning what others have said in public in debates and discussions is daft.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 13:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whether Grampy Bobby thinks of himself as hypocritical or not is something he could perhaps address in there among his insights when they appear. I don't think any facts I present will have much effect on what he thinks about it.
    Yes but that's not what you were asked, You were asked if you think they might be
    potentially embarrassing, not what GB thinks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree