1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 10:27
    Most people i have noticed when called upon to explain illogical stance that cannot be rationally substantiated simply ignore requests for clarification. At the risk of reducing the thread to personalities i cite the following examples recently that caught my attention.There was Suzzianne who claimed to have secret knowledge of the Mormons and JW's or Hinds who claimed that nuns were trained to please priests. When called out to substantiate their claims they did not call troll but simply ignored the calls and went on their merry way oblivious.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 10:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think I am a "troll" at all. I think people who call me a "troll" are trying to sidestep the comments and questions I put forward in discussions and debates with them.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Pretty huge estimation you have of yourself. Edward R. Murrow, you're not.

More like Morton Downey, Jr.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 10:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Pretty huge estimation you have of yourself. Edward R. Murrow, you're not.

More like Morton Downey, Jr.
    Nothing "huge" about it at all. I don't think I am a "troll".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 11:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Most people i have noticed when called upon to explain illogical stance that cannot be rationally substantiated simply ignore requests for clarification. At the risk of reducing the thread to personalities i cite the following examples recently that caught my attention.There was Suzzianne who claimed to have secret knowledge of the Mormons and JW's ...[text shortened]... aims they did not call troll but simply ignored the calls and went on their merry way oblivious.
    People like you and Suzianne and chaney3 and lemon lime and others call people "trolls" over and over and over again, all the time ~ until it means nothing anymore. It is your prerogative, of course. But I think you do so in accordance with the definition and purpose of 'calling-people-trolls' that I have laid out on the first page or two of this thread.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 11:347 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    People like you and Suzianne and chaney3 and lemon lime and others call people "trolls" over and over and over again, all the time ~ until it means nothing anymore. It is your prerogative, of course. But I think you do so in accordance with the definition and purpose of 'calling-people-trolls' that I have laid out on the first page or two of this thread.
    Uhu, I see, well it appears to me that as soon as you target and attack the personality
    behind posts while almost entirely ignoring the entire content of posts you are trolling as I
    have outlined in this thread with empirical evidence and reference. This behaviour
    cannot be explained away with attempts to call it meaningless or simply because you
    engage in similar behaviour again and again, resulting in the same labelling again and
    again.

I don't recall calling any other people a troll again and again, perhaps you have evidence
    to the contrary or we should simply believe you because you say so.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 11:431 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nothing "huge" about it at all. I don't think I am a "troll".
    what if you are though and you are addicted to trolling or that you don't know that you're a
    troll or cannot accept the fact that you're a troll and live in denial? You have of course made
    room for the possibility?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:09
    what if you are though and you are addicted to trolling or that you don't know that you're a
    troll or cannot accept the fact that you're a troll and live in denial? You have of course made
    room for the possibility?
    I am not living in denial, no. I think some of the people that call me a "troll" over and over and over again might well be. When I start advocating the slaughter of the Jews, or telling people they are "Satan" or "satanic" and insisting that I'm not trying to be funny, or if I start insinuating that Grampy Bobby is a pedophile, you can PM me and tell me I'm a "troll". 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:12
    Uhu, I see, well it appears to me that as soon as you target and attack the personality
    behind posts while almost entirely ignoring the entire content of posts you are trolling as I
    have outlined in this thread with empirical evidence and reference. This behaviour
    cannot be explained away with attempts to call it meaningless or simply because ...[text shortened]... perhaps you have evidence
    to the contrary or we should simply believe you because you say so.
    It's your prerogative to call me a "troll" over and over and over again, robbie. So go for it if you want. I think you may have referred to me as a "legendary troll" twenty or thirty times. So you presumably think it's funny to say it. But it has the same traction as any or all of the other catchphrases you sprinkle on your Clan Forum style posts ad nauseam.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:232 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not living in denial, no. I think some of the people that call me a "troll" over and over and over again might well be. When I start advocating the slaughter of the Jews, or telling people they are "Satan" or "satanic" and insisting that I'm not trying to be funny, or if I start insinuating that Grampy Bobby is a pedophile, you can PM me and tell me I'm a "troll". 🙂
    No when you start to completely ignore the content of peoples post and instead target and attack them personally you are engaging in trolling whether you accept it or not.

It would have been easy for you to simply have made an objective comment on the content of GB's posts but you could not resist the opportunity to land a blow on GB and attack him personally. There is no other explanation for your behavior other than you were trolling him and there are countless other examples where you do exactly the same thing and although it saddens me to say it, you are by the definition GB provided, an internet troll, because you came into the discussion and posted a comment designed to upset, in this instance GB.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:253 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's your prerogative to call me a "troll" over and over and over again, robbie. So go for it if you want. I think you may have referred to me as a "legendary troll" twenty or thirty times. So you presumably think it's funny to say it. But it has the same traction as any or all of the other catchphrases you sprinkle on your Clan Forum style posts ad nauseam.
    So i have not termed any other person a troll again and again despite your allegations to the contrary, only you and about how many times did you say 30 times, Is that a month? or the last week? or the last year? the last ten years? you have not said.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:50
    No when you start to completely ignore the content of peoples post and instead target and attack them personally you are engaging in trolling whether you accept it or not.
    As far as I can make out, I get called a "troll" because I address the content of people's posts or ask questions about their ideas and behaviour that they find inconvenient..
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:52
    It would have been easy for you to simply have made an objective comment on the content of GB's posts but you could not resist the opportunity to land a blow on GB and attack him personally. There is no other explanation for your behavior other than you were trolling him and there are countless other examples where you do exactly the same thing and although it saddens me to say it, you are by the definition GB provided, an internet troll, because you came into the discussion and posted a comment designed to upset, in this instance GB.

Actually, I asked Grampy Bobby for his insights into his own OP in light of the fact that he, like me, has been accused of being a "troll" more than once.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    As far as I can make out, I get called a "troll" [b]because I address the content of people's posts or ask questions about their ideas and behaviour that they find inconvenient..[/b]
    and yet I provided two instances where you almost completely ignore the entire content of peoples posts and just attack the personality behind it. How are we to account for that?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:56
    and yet I provided two instances where you almost completely ignore the entire content of peoples posts and just attack the personality behind it. How are we to account for that?
    I have posted on this web site maybe 40,000 times, robbie.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]It would have been easy for you to simply have made an objective comment on the content of GB's posts but you could not resist the opportunity to land a blow on GB and attack him personally. There is no other explanation for your behavior other than you were trolling him and there are countless other examples where you do exactly the same thing and although ...[text shortened]... wn OP in light of the fact that he, like me, has been accused of being a "troll" more than once.
    here was your orinigal statement,

You've been called out for being a "troll" on the Spirituality Forum by several different
    people on numerous occasions and you have even admitted that you "troll" that forum.
    So what are your insights?

Can you point out where it makes any references to the content as posted by the OP? Is
    it not directly targeted towards GB personally? rather than the content of his post? why
    would you completely ignore almost the entire content and instead focus on him
    personally?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree