were here, she would have all of this
    sorted out in seconds flat...
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:01
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    Tilde alert!
    I know you have a bee in your bonnet about this, based on an insignificant post or two that were more commentary than put-downs until you took it badly; however, proper punctuation and spelling are only good manners in written communication. Why not learn? You seem intelligent enough, and it can allow you to express yourself better.
  4. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:05
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I know you have a bee in your bonnet about this, based on an insignificant post or two that were more commentary than put-downs until you took it badly; however, proper punctuation and spelling are only good manners in written communication. Why not learn? You seem intelligent enough, and it can allow you to express yourself better.
    was my use of a tilde not appropriate a few posts ago?

You have blighted my path in this forum with either punctuation based banality or, frankly, banality

Thank you for your observation regarding my intelligence. You, too at times seem to possess more than 1 brain cell. So why did you post from nowhere in the middle of a debate 'but you love me' (I have the reference for that if you wish)
  5. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:06
    Originally posted by hakima
    ...whatever it takes... 😉

I was just thinking that if the illustrious Ms. Beaver
    were here, she would have all of this
    sorted out in seconds flat...
    she might have it 'out' in seconds flat, hakima!!
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:08
    Seriously...will someone please explain to me the use and significance of the tilde? I never even knew one existed until I encountered a keyboard, and then I thought it was simply a sweet little design...
  7. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:10
    Seriously...will someone please explain to me the use and significance of the tilde? I never even knew one existed until I encountered a keyboard, and then I thought it was simply a sweet little design...
    hakima...to me it is a 'cool' sign to use, a little like a colon, but looks nicer.

Mr NER will give you the full University description....

I will just flirt with you
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:12
    was my use of a tilde not appropriate a few posts ago?

You have blighted my path in this forum with either punctuation based banality or, frankly, banality

Thank you for your observation regarding my intelligence. You, too at times seem to possess more than 1 brain cell. So why did you post from nowhere in the middle of a debate 'but you love me' (I have the reference for that if you wish)
    To call it a 'debate' is to, if you'll excuse my French, polish a turd. And there you have the reason. You (and probably your opponents—I don't recall) were behaving so boorishly that it was amusing to throw a clashing, random element into the mix. The hope in these situations is that the protagonists will realise the surreality of the situation they are in, question why they are doing what they are doing, and go and do something worthwhile or productive.
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:12
    she might have it 'out' in seconds flat, hakima!!
    Point taken (no pun intended here).

At least the subject would be changing for a while.

We need humour...and I am just not that funny.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:15
    Wait (tilde) sun shines ~ Nellie!
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:161 edit
    I'm sure you're familiar with its use in Spanish through your reading of Marquez. Here's about everything there is to know, including its use in punctuation:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:16
    hakima...to me it is a 'cool' sign to use, a little like a colon, but looks nicer.

Mr NER will give you the full University description....

I will just flirt with you
    I am a university student who can write a thesis but does not mind breaking the rules when it causes no harm.

I don't see why we can't use cool signs and lightheartedness here.
  13. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:17
    To call it a 'debate' is to, if you'll excuse my French, polish a turd. And there you have the reason. You (and probably your opponents—I don't recall) were behaving so boorishly that it was amusing to throw a clashing, random element into the mix. The hope in these situations is that the protagonists will realise the surreality of the situation they ...[text shortened]... estion why they are doing what they are doing, and go and do something worthwhile or productive.
    how amusing

I feared that my sides were going to split. but...maybe that was because it was around Christmas

how good of you to judge these debates and try to polish our turds. Thank you
  14. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:18
    I'm sure your familiar with its use in Spanish through your reading of Marquez. Here's about everything there is to know, including its use in punctuation:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde
    you ARE aware of the fallibility of wiki??

and the ability of Ms Hakima herself to call on its infalibility?
  15. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:19
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Wait (tilde) sun shines ~ Nellie!
    blimey..who let you out, Yank?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree