1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 08:27
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Maybe it was overstepping the line, it sometimes happens.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 09:341 edit
    Since I was mentioned a few times:

* Indeed I am not happy if someone alleges that I am a Nazi.
    * I do understand that different people have different views on what constitutes a humorous post.

* I would rather like it if people were more friendly in general. If they can't be friendly, they can be polite at least. I know of course that the GF is not the worst forum on the site. The Clan forum is that.

* Some people think that derogatory remarks can be funny. I strongly deny that. They are never. And insult is added to injury if the victim of that remark is labeled uncool about it. To be clear: Each person has weaknesses and if others pick on those it is an injury at least to the personal dignity. As each of us needs their personal dignity intact, it should be the smallest common denominator to leave each others dignity intact.
    * It is probably impossible not to tread on other dignity by accident. It is evil to tread on it by purpose. That also means it is evil to take revenge, even though it is understandable.

end of sermon.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 11:53
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    Hi Suzy, I have suffered racism and in some ways still do being typically South American but i have never found any racist statement from my friend redbadger.

I deeply dislike 2-way justice. I see people in here posting some pretty outrageous insults towards each other and it goes on.

People like redbadger are amongst the ones that keep this f ...[text shortened]... spicy. Why complain or be rude if not for personal aversion, which in that case, better ignore.
    You must have read a different forum than I have.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:12
    Originally posted by redbadger
    most on here are OK but then u have the god botherers.
    And some are kettles calling pots black.
  5. rebel city
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 12:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable

* I do understand that different people have different views on what constitutes a humorous post.

* I would rather like it if people were more friendly in general. If they can't be friendly, they can be polite at least. I know of course that the GF is n ...[text shortened]... That also means it is evil to take revenge, even though it is understandable.

end of sermon.
    Ponderable, very well put!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 13:183 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable

* I would rather like it if people were more friendly in general. If they can't be friendly, they can be polite at least. I know of course that the GF is n ...[text shortened]... That also means it is evil to take revenge, even though it is understandable.

end of sermon.
    These are fine and noble sentiments to be sure, although what are we to make though of the clear disparity that exists? Why have boobla45, suzzianne and divesgeester escaped censorship whereas redbadger was subject to a forum ban? It reeks of hypocrisy, it really does. They have all said things equally if not more offensive things than redbadger and yet they are free and at large to spread their unsavoury brand of hatred wherever they go. The moderation of this site is a seriously bad joke. The moderators either inept or corrupt or both. Either they are issued with similar forum bans or redbadger should be reimbursed and compensated or his freedom restored.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 13:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why don't you tell me, you were the one calling others a large sticky bell end, a dick-head etc etc You seem eminently more qualified in the department of vulgarity than almost anyone else. You are at it again in this thread, with references to tits. What's wrong with you?
    Well you are a dick-head, but that's beside the point.

The point is that while lots of posters push things here a bit from time to time redbadger constantly steps over the mark of what the general consensus find to be an acceptable level of coarse language. Admittedly it's a fine line but it's not my fault if neither he, nor you apparently, know where that line is.

The moderators rarely intervene unless a post is "alerted" and multiple alerts will almost certainly result in the post being removed; whereas "spite-alerts" probably won't. I find it amusing that you persistently rail against this simple paradigm due to your blinkered, cultish and frankly idiotic perspective on right and wrong.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 13:27
    Why have boobla45, suzzianne and divesgeester escaped censorship whereas redbadger was subject to a forum ban? It reeks of hypocrisy, it really does. They have all said things equally if not more offensive things than redbadger and yet they are free and at large to spread their unsavoury brand of hatred wherever they go. The moderation of this site ...[text shortened]... th similar forum bans or redbadger should be reimbursed and compensated or his freedom restored.
    Nothing is more ridiculous that your pathetic bleating about hypocrisy. I (apparently) get away with calling you a dick-head because it is manifestly obvious that you are a dick-head. Secondly the colloquial euphemisms "dick-head" or "bell-end" are well established jokey insults which do not turn the stomach as the racist slur of calling someone "Hitler" or joking about having human semen ejaculated onto ones face by another poster.

Your complete inability to see the difference is not the fault of the mod team or anyone else here and frankly you would be well advised to drop the subject before you receive a ban yourself.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 13:482 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nothing is more ridiculous that your pathetic bleating about hypocrisy. I (apparently) get away with calling you a dick-head because it is manifestly obvious that you are a dick-head. Secondly the colloquial euphemisms "dick-head" or "bell-end" are well established jokey insults which do not turn the stomach as the racist slur of calling someone "Hitler ...[text shortened]... ere and frankly you would be well advised to drop the subject before you receive a ban yourself.
    Here is apiece of news for you my values are not your values, do you understand, you seem to think that everyone has the same values as you, that they find the terms dick head, tit and large sticky bell end funny, well they don't, its simply a reflection of just how plastic a human being you really are, you have so much plastic you could put ICI to shame.

Now if you don't mind i would rather not associate with people like you, you have nothing to offer anyone, you are not funny, nor informative nor even remotely interesting, you are a banal and tedious dullard. Seriously, you are empty and devoid of anything other than your own propaganda. Yawn-a-rama!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 16:42
    Here is apiece of news for you my values are not your values, do you understand, you seem to think that everyone has the same values as you...
    If the other posters in this forum find my posts offensive they can and would alert them and the moderators would take appropriate action. This is not about personal values (either yours nor mine) it is about the established and acceptable general forum etiquette.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 16:50
    what about a rah rah skirt wearing Scotsman? Was this not an affront to Robbies personal majesty and dignity? How did Robbie take it? Within the spirit that it was intended, as a joke. Was it racist, I don't think so. There is a difference between racism that is clearly vicious and a kind of subtle humour that is never intended to hurt anyone. P ...[text shortened]... gentle soul, redbadger a little more rough and ready, we should make room for people me thinks.
    Gollum couldn't have put it better.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 19:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 21:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If the other posters in this forum find my posts offensive they can and would alert them and the moderators would take appropriate action. This is not about personal values (either yours nor mine) it is about the established and acceptable general forum etiquette.
    maybe people find yours (not that I do) offensive, and others offensive, but don't know how/cant be bothered to go through the process of 'reporting it to the moderators'

you may pour scorn upon that view, maybe people who 'don't act' don't have views worth considering.

I think they do
  14. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 21:55
    Originally posted by redbadger
    most on here are OK but then u have the god botherers.
    Your right Badge.

This site is full of Devil Dodgers.
  15. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 22:04
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    Your right Badge.

This site is full of Devil Dodgers.
    That would be all of us??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree