General Forum

General Forum

1. YNWA
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 17:28
    @drewnogal said
    My kind of food; rice, mushrooms and onion are so versatile and go with anything. I love oily fish with hot/cold rice, coleslaw and kimchi. Or I have white fish with rice and a leek, mushroom & white wine sauce.
    I never gave feedback on my experiment, but if you love that kind of quick comfort food, which in my opinion is amongst the best, get creative with Morrison's tins of Kippers. They are filleted to perfection and they mixed into egg fried rice perfectly whilst keeping the smoked fish taste. Once again I mixed in some hoisin sauce, but why wouldn't you!
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    surviving
    Covid-19
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 02:00
    @petewxyz said
    They are filleted to perfection and they mixed into egg fried rice perfectly whilst keeping the smoked fish taste.
    Eggs go great with smoked fish. A simple dish of scrambled egg and flaked kippers is much under-rated.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 12:03
    @rookie54 said
    are you getting paid by the comma?
    No, the Commies.
  4. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 20:591 edit
    A kipper sandwich is great. No seasoning or condiment needed. Just the kippers on some plain bread, and nothing else. I suppose if you use an inferior brand you could add some mustard or something, but with a good smoked kipper nothing else is needed!

Added to scrambled eggs is also great, as already mentioned!