Kippers

Kippers

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
03 Jul 20

@drewnogal said
My kind of food; rice, mushrooms and onion are so versatile and go with anything. I love oily fish with hot/cold rice, coleslaw and kimchi. Or I have white fish with rice and a leek, mushroom & white wine sauce.
I never gave feedback on my experiment, but if you love that kind of quick comfort food, which in my opinion is amongst the best, get creative with Morrison's tins of Kippers. They are filleted to perfection and they mixed into egg fried rice perfectly whilst keeping the smoked fish taste. Once again I mixed in some hoisin sauce, but why wouldn't you!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Jul 20

@petewxyz said
They are filleted to perfection and they mixed into egg fried rice perfectly whilst keeping the smoked fish taste.
Eggs go great with smoked fish. A simple dish of scrambled egg and flaked kippers is much under-rated.

Moves
04 Jul 20

@rookie54 said
are you getting paid by the comma?
No, the Commies.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
04 Jul 20
1 edit

A kipper sandwich is great. No seasoning or condiment needed. Just the kippers on some plain bread, and nothing else. I suppose if you use an inferior brand you could add some mustard or something, but with a good smoked kipper nothing else is needed!

Added to scrambled eggs is also great, as already mentioned!