-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 09:331 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Only if you have one of those old-fashioned non-electric cars! 😉
    LOL....I hate to inform you but the electric cars are the new ones the old-fashioned as you call them are still the main ones used and will be as long as the gas and oil company's have something to say about it!!! 😉

People would have to stop buying the gas run vehicles and I can't see that happeing in the near future....Sure there are some out, buddy of mine has one. They sure are quiet, a thing of future, they will need stations every 50 miles or so to re-charge them until someone comes up with something better.

-VR
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 09:48
    @very-rusty said
    LOL....I hate to inform you but the electric cars are the new ones the old-fashioned as you call them are still the main ones used and will be as long as the gas and oil company's have something to say about it!!! 😉

People would have to stop buying the gas run vehicles and I can't see that happeing in the near future....Sure there are some out, buddy of mine has one. ...[text shortened]... stations every 50 miles or so to re-charge them until someone comes up with something better.

-VR
    Why do you feel like you need to come into every thread and explain everyone's jokes?

What a wet blanket.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 09:55
    @divegeester said
    Iceland sits on top of the Atlantic ridge and there is a constant flow of molten magma from the mantle to the surface. Iceland is the most actively volcanic area in the world with eruptions occurring on average every four years and although the land mass is relatively small a staggering 33% of all lava of the Earth’s lava flows flow through is volcanic systems. The volcan ...[text shortened]...
    Do you think it possible that other factors other than just global CO2 levels may be in play here?
    Did you know that the explore party in Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth made their way underground by hiking down through one of Iceland's many lava tubes?

Fascinating book, give it a read sometime if you haven't.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 09:581 edit
    @suzianne said
    Why do you feel like you need to come into every thread and explain everyone's jokes?

What a wet blanket.
    Why do you feel like you need to come into threads I've posted in and tell me what I should or shouldn't do. Isn't that stalking my posts? 😉

What a snob!

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 12:50
    Do people still write letters? The kind you send through the post office. I still send, via the post office, Xmas cards but it's been a looooong time since I sent a letter that way.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 17:581 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Do people still write letters? The kind you send through the post office. I still send, via the post office, Xmas cards but it's been a looooong time since I sent a letter that way.
    I do, to my friend in Nice, we both love beautiful cards. We do use e-mail too though.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 18:21
    @great-big-stees said
    I don't write letters anymore all e-mail or texting, I don't remember what year I last sent out cards as you can do that by e-mail too. I do give Family personal cards that I actually go out and buy and try to find something in the card that is right for that particular person.

-VR
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 18:58
    @very-rusty said
    as long as the gas and oil company's have something to say about it!!! 😉

They sure are quiet, a thing of future, they will need stations every 50 miles or so to re-charge them until someone comes up with something better.

-VR
    You are way out of date old man.

Firstly the gas companies should not have anything to do with what cars we buy.

Secondly my 5-year-old Leaf does 150 KM without charging.
    Charging is easy and quick with MANY FREE charge sites around the city.

Younger batteries have a longer range and the quality of batteries is
    getting better and better.

Granted if you are towing or constantly doing long mileage then petrol
    is better but the days of the internal combustion engine are numbered.

I read a prophecy the other day from an industry expert who said that
    the next non-electric car you buy will be your last.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 18:59
    @great-big-stees said
    My daughter loves getting cards from family in UK.
    It's really special to her. More personal.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 19:101 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    You are way out of date old man.

Firstly the gas companies should not have anything to do with what cars we buy.

Secondly my 5-year-old Leaf does 150 KM without charging.
    Charging is easy and quick with MANY FREE charge sites around the city.

Younger batteries have a longer range and the quality of batteries is
    getting better and better.

Granted if you are t ...[text shortened]... ther day from an industry expert who said that
    the next non-electric car you buy will be your last.
    Firs of all have a little respect and don't be saying old man, unless you'd actually tell me that face to face.

Well lets see what actually happens!

Don't for a second fool yourself into thinking the gas & oil company's don't have power as do the car dealerships.

Time will be the judge not you or I!

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 19:11
    @wolfgang59 said
    My daughter loves getting cards from family in UK.
    It's really special to her. More personal.
    Indeed, that is why I do it for family members, and a few close friends!

It does add a personal touch for sure!

-VR
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 20:25
    @very-rusty said
    Firs of all have a little respect and don't be saying old man, unless you'd actually tell me that face to face.

Well lets see what actually happens!
    You are old by your own admission, an old by your
    attitude and I have very little respect for you anyway.

Let's see what happens?
    What about seeing what is happening now?

The NZ government is planning subsidising electric vehicles because that really
    is the only barrier to getting petrol vehicles off the road. It [b[is happening now[/b].
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 20:392 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    You are old by your own admission, an old by your
    attitude and I have very little respect for you anyway.

Let's see what happens?
    What about seeing what is happening now?

The NZ government is planning subsidising electric vehicles because that really
    is the only barrier to getting petrol vehicles off the road. It [b[is happening now[/b].
    You're very disrespectful, I am sure my respect for you has lessened from where it was with your rude statement. I think you just have disrespect for older people in general.

Like I said lets see how the electric cars go.

NZ isn't the rest of the world believe it or not!

There are around a half a billion bicycles in China---about 1 bicycle per household---more than any other country but this was down from from 670 million in the 1990s. There are seven million registered bicycle riders in Beijing and 6.5 million in Shanghai. In most places bicycles outnumber cars at least 10 to 1.

Does that mean the rest of the world will turn to bicycles? Highly unlikely to happen. Just because something is happening in one Country doesn't mean it will go global.

-VR
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 21:02
    @very-rusty said
    I think you just have disrespect for older people in general.
    You think wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree