Members with Multiple Accounts.

Members with Multiple Accounts.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
11 Feb 21

@divegeester said
You are either misremembering the thread, lying, or maybe fantasising.

Even Ghost of a Duke tried (in vain) to coach Relentless Pete back from the edge of forum intellectual calamity, but he was having nothing of it and allowed his hubris to drive him on, doubling down again and again and again, insisting that the only true atheist was one who converted to theism on t ...[text shortened]... unds” were totally self inflicted.

The thread is still accessible, you should go and have a read.
You do seem convinced that constant repetition will make something become true. In reality this is all just a reaction to one response that I made to FMF earlier in this thread. I guess that's the power of an accurate observation. Perhaps also another illustration as to why so many here prefer just to red thumb and move on.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
You do seem convinced that constant repetition will make something become true. In reality this is all just a reaction to one response that I made to FMF earlier in this thread. I guess that's the power of an accurate observation.
Are you now going to double down on it again and claim what you said in spirituality and your subsequent behaviour, is not as I describe it?

Are you claiming I’m making it up..?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Perhaps also another illustration as to why so many here prefer just to red thumb and move on.
Unless you are going to claim that I’m lying, then this lazy little barb by you is actually a non sequitur.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
You do seem convinced that constant repetition will make something become true.
I only repeat in here what I know to be true. The repetition is part of the scab-picking at your brittle intellectual dishonestly. I am content for you to be “liked” and “thumbed up” by the weak minded, unprincipled forum buddies you have in this place. I’m here for the game, not to be liked.

F

Moves
11 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Perhaps also another illustration as to why so many here prefer just to red thumb and move on.
What does a thumb down actually mean if it's coming from a poster like you and if you're doing it anonymously?

F

Moves
11 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
You do seem convinced that constant repetition will make something become true.
Like when you repeated the word "sealion" over and over and over and over and over again in lieu of addressing whatever you were ostensibly replying to? Did that constant repetition "make something become true"?

Moves
11 Feb 21

@divegeester said
Oh good; because I thought for a moment there that you were suggesting I adopt your philosophy of jumping into historical disagreements between other posters, of which I know little about and throwing out some little poisonous barbs at whoever it is who is attacking my forum buddy, irrespective of the actual background.
I'm glad that we have been able to clarify that for you Divegeester.
Now, go and be a dick no more.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 21
1 edit

@wolfe63 said
Now, go and be a dick no more.
Now you seem upset.

Perhaps the guys in your clique will come along and alert your post (for using the word d**k) like they did mine, but I doubt it, because like you they are unprincipled, partisan and weak-minded.

Nice talking with you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Around April last year, a Spirituality Forum poster called dj2becker accidentally posted with a 10-year-old account called mariekeXIV and then quickly deleted it, logged out, logged back in, and posted the same message as dj2becker.

The mariekeXIV account had never started any chess games nor indeed ever made any chess moves at all, nor was there any sign the account had star ...[text shortened]... nts.

Edit: correction, mariekeXIV started one game in 2010 but no move was made by either player.
So are you finally admitting that thumbs down make you very, very, very, very angry?

There are plenty of users here. And yet you find it hard to believe that seven of them may disagree with you, because, in your mind, your posts are always so reasonable.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 21

@divegeester said
Now you seem upset.

Perhaps the guys in your clique will come along and alert your post (for using the word d**k) like they did mine, but I doubt it, because like you they are unprincipled, partisan and weak-minded.

Nice talking with you.
There are very few people here I would describe as "unprincipled, partisan and weak-minded".

Maybe just two. Okay, three.

F

Moves
11 Feb 21

@suzianne said
So are you finally admitting that thumbs down make you very, very, very, very angry?
No. Not in the slightest. And I don't use them. But I find the way people use them interesting especially when they talk about why they are doing it, and how they feel the need to do it anonymously, etc. Interested. Not angry.

F

Moves
11 Feb 21

@suzianne said
There are plenty of users here. And yet you find it hard to believe that seven of them may disagree with you, because, in your mind, your posts are always so reasonable.
My posts are reasonable and usually pretty well-expressed. Indeed, I think quite a lot of what I say, particularly on the SF, just goes over your head.

But wait, why on Earth would people thumb a post down because they disagree with it? It seems silly. Ignore or engage, I get it. It's a message board.

But anonymous thumbs down instead of posting? It seems so inane. As does anonymous thumbs down because one dislikes somebody.

It would never occur to me to thumb someone down because I was unimpressed by their character or style. I'd either ignore or engage.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 21

@fmf said
How is it a "form of censorship"?

Would there be some deletion or curtailment of the use of the thumbs?
Some posters here receive unwarranted "blowback" from you two at every opportunity. They are chastised (by you two) nearly every time they post. Yes, many posters have been so targeted and hassled (by you two) that they no longer post here. And when they do, you two are on them right away. Sometimes it is because these posters have said things which were questionable, even creepy at times. Others were incessantly attacked (by you two) merely because you don't like them. I'd certainly like to know how you two have gotten away with these antics for as long as you have. My suspicion is that one of you was born with a silver tongue which never fails to talk you out of trouble and the other has a way of throwing cash around to make his troubles disappear.

My point is that some posters (like you two) have expressed a desire to see who thumbs them down for one reason and one reason only, and that is to initiate a "blowback" campaign of incessant attacks until they either stop posting or leave the site. This is how you two have run the Spirituality Forum for years, for most of the time I have been here. And (probably due to a marked drop off of posting in the Spirituality Forum) now you two are apparently branching out and bringing this kind of anti-social behavior to the rest of the forums. It has not gone unnoticed.

And that is what I mean by censorship. But you knew that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 21

@fmf said
My posts are reasonable and usually pretty well-expressed. Indeed, I think quite a lot of what I say, particularly on the SF, just goes over your head.

But wait, why on Earth would people thumb a post down because they disagree with it? It seems silly. Ignore or engage, I get it. It's a message board.

But anonymous thumbs down instead of posting? It seems so inane. As doe ...[text shortened]... umb someone down because I was unimpressed by their character or style. I'd either ignore or engage.
We know you greatly dislike people not agreeing with you. In fact, some might say it makes you angry, so very angry. And we know that you are so used to being able to attack anybody who speaks out against you. We know this well.

Too bad.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Feb 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Oh good; because I thought for a moment there that you were suggesting I adopt your philosophy of jumping into historical disagreements between other posters, of which I know little about and throwing out some little poisonous barbs at whoever it is who is attacking my forum buddy, irrespective of the actual background.
Does the name Very Rusty mean anything to you?

You already do this. Historically.