Members with Multiple Accounts.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Feb 21
1 edit

@Relentless-Red

I share your outrage, Red.

Surely no one on this site would behave in such a presumptive way.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Feb 21

@divegeester said
Like an atom, it’s a very small core.
And mostly dark energy at that !

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Feb 21

@wolfe63 said
An unfortunate scourge: This issue is challenging site credibility.

How is it that they've become tolerated here?

Verification security and tracking are now accepted and commonplace practices throughout the internet.

Is it technologically impossible or unrealistic to expect that multiple accounts might be prevented here?

This is a competitive chess site. We have a very bright base of membership.

Why are we tolerant of such chronic mockery?
There is no identity verification hurdle to pass to get registered here, so enforcement is necessarily after the fact, and is likely to occur only if the miscreant makes stupid mistakes which call attention to himself. Implementing a rigorous identity verification policy integrated into the registration process itself would be the ideal solution, but this would involve more than a simple code-update and probably more than Russ wants to invest in.

Continued vigilance from site users is the best we've got. Don't expect much more from a service which is free for so many users.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 21

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 21

@moonbus said
And mostly dark energy at that !
Mostly...it’s a collective energy.

Moves
10 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Danger: That chip on your shoulder may be transforming into a tumorous evil twin.

Relax. You an easier read that way.

Dublin

Moves
10 Feb 21

@fmf said
@wolfe63 said

About 10 years ago, on the Debates Forum, I stopped posting with "FMF" and used an account called "John W. Booth" instead for a few weeks and, as a practical joke, in order to come at a couple of ludicrous but prolific very far-right posters called utherpendragon and generalissimo ...in order to come at them [i]from ...[text shortened]... first time' and yet they have knowledge and axes to grind with reference to things going back years.
Lol. How tough is your neck then?
Will it withstand a few strokes of the axe?😁

F

Moves
10 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Outrageous, they picked up on one action and tried to use it to define you.
"Define" me? No. Don't be silly. It was just a lame deflection. It was just low quality banter used to wriggle out of discourse. Gosh. You sound a bit like you are STILL licking your self-inflicted wounds.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 21
1 edit

@wolfe63 said
Danger: That chip on your shoulder may be transforming into a tumorous evil twin.
Relax. You an easier read that way.
Do you mean relax and start threads about how anxious I am about how the site credibility is diminishing due to a handful of second accounts posting the general forum...that kind of relaxed easy reading?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 21
1 edit

@fmf said
"Define" me? No. Don't be silly. It was just a lame deflection. It was just low quality banter used to wriggle out of discourse. Gosh. You sound a bit like you are STILL licking your self-inflicted wounds.
Calm down mate, jeez your chip on your shoulder is causing you to not be an easy read for the team!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Feb 21

@suzianne said
I was at caissa.com and came here after they started heavy-handedly censoring their forums.
I agree Suzie Q,
That is why I said you can't limit people's posts or thumbs up or down for that matter. If that happens you will see Paying subscribers disappear.

I am on another Chess site and the forums are pretty much dead, but the chess is competitive. I am a life long Subscriber on that one they had a 10 year deal and I grabbed it so never have to pay again on that site. The 3rd one is a free site where you can play all the games you want.

I am on this site more because I like the clans and also the forums where you are permitted to say more than you would be on any other chess site known to me anyway.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Feb 21

@instantkarma777 said
Lol. How tough is your neck then?
Will it withstand a few strokes of the axe?😁
LOL...Lets see how tough your neck is after around 10 years of banter! 🙂

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Feb 21

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Feb 21
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
What does that have to do with "Members with Multiple Accounts"?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
I agree Suzie Q,
That is why I said you can't limit people's posts or thumbs up or down for that matter. If that happens you will see Paying subscribers disappear.

I am on another Chess site and the forums are pretty much dead, but the chess is competitive. I am a life long Subscriber on that one they had a 10 year deal and I grabbed it so never have to pay again on t ...[text shortened]... e you are permitted to say more than you would be on any other chess site known to me anyway.

-VR
For your information, this is also why naming people who leave thumbs is a very bad idea as well. It's just another form of censorship usually pushed by people who can't stand being criticized.