1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 11:271 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Ya mean kilts?
    Little chance there because of the Scots' reputation (mostly undeserved) for being....I'll say frugal.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 13:02
    Is it that thrill of obtaining unearned money that drives the gambling urge, I wonder?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 14:421 edit
    Thats stealing. Sounds like the only person of good moral fiber in your home is son A.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 17:331 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 18:05
    He really should do that work himself - he probably won't be able to pay his partner to do these things. But I have been in the same situation as you and solved it much the same way.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 20:29
    So your son is guilty of being a typical teenager.

As for you feeling guilt and having what you think are justifiable circumstances to do somthing crooked, thats the very same logic used by terrorists to kill, and by others to respond and retaliate. Same logic used by employees to steal from employers and by citizens to steal from governments.

Everything is justifiable. I hope son A grows up to be a bit different and not follow your example.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 21:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 22:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999

As for you feeling guilt and having what you think are justifiable circumstances to do somthing crooked, thats the very same logic used by terrorists to kill, and by others to respond and retaliate. Same logic used by employees to steal from employers and by citizens to steal from governments.

Everything is justifiable. I hope son A grows up to be a bit different and not follow your example.
    Her son is actually 32.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 23:13

That's pathetic. You're criticizing without walking the suggested mile in her shoes. Haven't you learned yet to keep such thoughts to yourself? I realize most people think their opinion is the gold standard, but here you're way, way off base, and good for her for not being swayed by your obviously lacking opinion. From what I've read about Drew, she's a good mom, while I can only conclude from what you've written that you are not.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's pathetic. You're criticizing without walking the suggested mile in her shoes. Haven't you learned yet to keep such thoughts to yourself? I realize most people think their opinion is the gold standard, but here you're way, way off base, and good for her for not being swayed by your obviously lacking opinion. From what I've read about Drew, she's a good mom, while I can only conclude from what you've written that you are not.
    People who place their personal business out on the internet for all to see can get criticized. She identified a clear case of stealing from her son. I do not know anything else about her so I did not comment on her. I commented on the act of stealing which she attempted to justify.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:48
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Her son is actually 32.
    Is that a justifiable reason to steal?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:482 edits

So what would you advise someone to do under the circumstances, flog the teenager or behead him? You sound a lot like a terrorist who gets himself all worked up with righteous indignation before going out to blow people up. Acts of physical violence usually start with this kind of hateful rhetoric.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:48
    Glad to hear that. I hope you got the point I was making.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 01:50
    People who place their personal business out on the internet for all to see can get criticized. She identified a clear case of stealing from her son. I do not know anything else about her so I did not comment on her. I commented on the act of stealing which she attempted to justify.
    Stealing? No. Instruction? Yes.

My opinion is that a lot of the problems facing America today with our youth stem from parents trying to be their child's "best friend" rather than their parent. You sound like you had a difficult time in your own childhood because you were insulted at your parents' attempts at instruction. I have no kids of my own, and yet even I see what was behind what she did, and so did the child unless he was a stuck-up arrogant brat, which he's probably not, given a mom like Drew.

Even if your first sentence was correct, why must one 'criticize'? Why presume to tell her how to raise her own son? The critics of the world love to tell everyone exactly how they should live their lives, yet amazingly, they often have their own bigger problems. Surely you can see the parallel with Matthew 7:1-6.
  15. In your face
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 01:58
    There are skirts with pockets in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree