1. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 02:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Stealing? No. Instruction? Yes.

My opinion is that a lot of the problems facing America today with our youth stem from parents trying to be their child's "best friend" rather than their parent. You sound like you had a difficult time in your own childhood because you were insulted at your parents' attempts at instruction. I have no kids of my own, a ...[text shortened]... they often have their own bigger problems. Surely you can see the parallel with Matthew 7:1-6.
    You are of course entitled to your opinion, and to voice it as well. Its a public forum.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 03:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So your son is guilty of being a typical teenager.

As for you feeling guilt and having what you think are justifiable circumstances to do somthing crooked, thats the very same logic used by terrorists to kill, and by others to respond and retaliate. Same logic used by employees to steal from employers and by citizens to steal from governments.

Everything is justifiable. I hope son A grows up to be a bit different and not follow your example.
    The person who posted this has serious problems with his own morality, it oozes from every pore. He's looking for ways to make rational acts by others seem outrageous. A bit like the stuff they used to terrorise children with, in order to make them behave - if you steal god will know and you won't go to heaven, or if you let a boy touch you you'll end up pregnant and diseased and an outcast. Parents used to self-justify that kind of overbearing stuff but no modern adult would dare.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 03:34
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The person who posted this has serious problems with his own morality, it oozes from every pore. He's looking for ways to make rational acts by others seem outrageous. A bit like the stuff they used to terrorise children with, in order to make them behave - if you steal god will know and you won't go to heaven, or if you let a boy touch you you'll end up pr ...[text shortened]... st. Parents used to self-justify that kind of overbearing stuff but no modern adult would dare.
    " Parents used to self-justify that kind of overbearing stuff but no modern adult would dare."

Well said (though many parents have become permissive to the point of destroying the child's acceptance of any authority).
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 04:073 edits
    You are of course entitled to your opinion, and to voice it as well. Its a public forum.
    Is it also your opinion that poor people eating out of trash cans are stealing? Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to hear you say, "Yes, they are stealing from the people who make their living collecting and disposing of that trash."

You seem to think a kid who treats his own money like it was trash deserves to keep it. The mother wasn't going through his drawers and looking through pants pockets, she was cleaning up the kids room. And part of the trash the kid dropped on the floor was his own money. If the kid is a teenager, then he's old enough to clean up his own room. If he won't do it and the mother has to do it, why shouldn't she keep the money the kid obviously has no regard for? He doesn't even know the money is gone after the mother cleans his room.

Whose house is this kid living in, who pays the rent or mortgage, and who buys and prepares the food he eats? You sound like one of those insane social workers who have nothing better to do than to criticize the way other people live. Please tell me you are not a social worker and literally have the power to disrupt other peoples lives.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 06:46
    The person who posted this has serious problems with his own morality, it oozes from every pore. He's looking for ways to make rational acts by others seem outrageous. A bit like the stuff they used to terrorise children with, in order to make them behave - if you steal god will know and you won't go to heaven, or if you let a boy touch you you'll end up pr ...[text shortened]... st. Parents used to self-justify that kind of overbearing stuff but no modern adult would dare.
    Good, glad to see it's not just 'my' opinion.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 07:43
    It's factual to any objective observer on the scene but it's only the symptom; the illness, the radical departure from traditional marriage and family standards and norms. Unnatural begets unnatural, multiplied exponentially over time.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 09:48
    The person who posted this has serious problems with their own screwed up westernized morality, it oozes from every pore. It is no wonder kids growing up in socalled advanced western culture are so damaged.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 09:49
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Is it also your opinion that poor people eating out of trash cans are stealing? Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to hear you say, "Yes, they are stealing from the people who make their living collecting and disposing of that trash."

You seem to think a kid who treats his own money like it was trash deserves to keep it. The mother wasn't going through hi ...[text shortened]... you are not a social worker and literally have the power to disrupt other peoples lives.
    No.
    Yes
    It does matter who pays the bills.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 10:05
    You are a disgrace to the title of 'follower of Christ' which you arrogantly call yourself. You have neither the guts nor the desire to speak the truth and to uphold good Christian values which Christ and His Apostles taught. All you do is troll around these forums looking to 'support' people you like and condemn those you dont... typical childish 'Facebook' mentality. Before you post ask yourself what is right thing.

In this case a mother takes something that she knows is not hers. If the mother thinks she is justified in taking it then that should be immediately conveyed to the son. In that case it is not stealing. Taking it without the knowledge of the son is stealing. Its simple .. it does not take a genius to figure out right and wrong. Im taking the trouble educate you this one time. I would not be doing it again.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 10:23
    Stealing? No. Instruction? Yes.

My opinion is that a lot of the problems facing America today with our youth stem from parents trying to be their child's "best friend" rather than their parent. You sound like you had a difficult time in your own childhood because you were insulted at your parents' attempts at instruction. I have no kids of my own, a ...[text shortened]... they often have their own bigger problems. Surely you can see the parallel with Matthew 7:1-6.
    Both posts nicely put. Completely ridiculous for Rajk to draw parallels with the so-called "logic" of terrorists on the one hand, and what most would see as good parenting on the other. Just because someone shares a little bit of their life with us doesn't mean people have a right to attack them in such a breathtakingly rude, unbalanced manner. Parents don't exactly have an easy life, as some small-minded people won't learn until it's too late.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 10:41
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Both posts nicely put. Completely ridiculous for Rajk to draw parallels with the so-called "logic" of terrorists on the one hand, and what most would see as good parenting on the other. Just because someone shares a little bit of their life with us doesn't mean people have a right to attack them in such a breathtakingly rude, unbalanced manner. Parents don't exactly have an easy life, as some small-minded people won't learn until it's too late.
    This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 KJV)
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 10:44
    This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures m ...[text shortened]... form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 KJV)
    Nice quote. What does it mean?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 10:50
    Nice quote. What does it mean?
    It means that in the last days [quite likely in these times], people would turn away from good moral values and condemn those who uphold them.

Its the easiest thing in the world to justify wrongdoing. Its the hardest thing to stand up alone and say 'this is wrong'. People gravitate to the path of least resistance .. wrong is easy to do and easy to justify. Right is hard to do particularly when you are alone doing it.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:04
    It means that in the last days [quite likely in these times], people would turn away from good moral values and condemn those who uphold them.

Its the easiest thing in the world to justify wrongdoing. Its the hardest thing to stand up alone and say 'this is wrong'. People gravitate to the path of least resistance .. wrong is easy to do and easy to justify. Right is hard to do particularly when you are alone doing it.
    So do you mean we should forgive you for wrongly attacking someone, because you are not good at standing up for what is "right" (because it is hard to do)?. Perhaps if you were to apologise, you really would be doing the right thing...

You seem to see people's actions and the world in misguided moral monochrome. I would advise you to spend less time in the virtual world and more time appreciating real life. Go for walks, enjoy the colours of nature, fall in love, question yourself. Don't take offence, but you don't seem mature enough to join in with civilised discourse yet. It is tricky. Don't fall into the trap of losing the best years of your life to the glow of a computer screen in your basement or your student common room.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:16
    So do you mean we should forgive you for wrongly attacking someone, because you are not good at standing up for what is "right" (because it is hard to do)?. Perhaps if you were to apologise, you really would be doing the right thing...

You seem to see people's actions and the world in misguided moral monochrome. I would advise you to spend less ti ...[text shortened]... ears of your life to the glow of a computer screen in your basement or your student common room.
    My conscience would never allow me to apologize for saying that someone who stole money is not guilty of stealing money. Sorry ..

I have done all those things you mentioned and far more. I have lived the equivalent of several lives in varous professional capacities and worked in several parts of the world, been married twice with several kids. I have been up and down the moral landscape and I have now returned to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles which I knew was right from the start.

As for what you call civilized discourse .. that is just another term for the blind leading the blind. So good luck to you. This is my last post is this thread. I have said what I came to say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree