29 Aug '16 17:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't call me Surely.
    ok Shirley.
  2. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 17:57
    Coca-Cola bottling line in 1970. There were about 6 stations you rotated to every half hour: loading empty bottles into the cleaner, unloading finished cases, etc. One station involved sitting on a stool, watching the bottled cokes march by with a backlight behind them. You had to look for "things" that were in the bottle with the coke. Usually when you went to that station, you had to wake the guy up on the stool. Haven't had a coke since.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 18:50
    Originally posted by John Osmar
    Coca-Cola bottling line in 1970. There were about 6 stations you rotated to every half hour: loading empty bottles into the cleaner, unloading finished cases, etc. One station involved sitting on a stool, watching the bottled cokes march by with a backlight behind them. You had to look for "things" that were in the bottle with the coke. Usually when you went to that station, you had to wake the guy up on the stool. Haven't had a coke since.
    Eww! They say if you knew what was in processed food you'd never buy it. But I showed my son the 'how its made' on hotdogs hoping this would work & he still wanted them!
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 18:551 edit
    The most brainless job I ever did was in an office.
    All the workers, or telephonists, I think they called us: sat at a desk with a script & list of numbers.
    This was about 20 years ago & I was an art student. My shift was after college in the evening. I lasted two shifts. Someone listened into your calls & if you deviated from the script it was their job to stand up & point to you. Then a manager sent you off & you didn't get paid.
    The script started, "hello (insert name from list matching number called), I'm calling from Zenith Windows. Now, I'm not calling to sell you anything...."
    You had to book 3 appointments a shift.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 19:27
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I was an art student
    Which means, basically, that now you're the Head Manager of Lettuce
    washing at McDonald's. A life of achievement. Good for you!
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 20:17
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Which means, basically, that now you're the Head Manager of Lettuce
    washing at McDonald's. A life of achievement. Good for you!
    I've heard of these people for whom 1+1 is never 2. But I've never witnessed this phenomenon.
    Thank you, always enjoying the new things life can offer. Must be the art student years which taught me this!
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 00:41
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I just to be a DJ at a strip bar. Not joking.
    small world
    I used to be a stripper at a bar
    and the DJ was extremely brainless
    maybe it was you
    do you have a wooden leg?
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 01:17
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    small world
    and the DJ was extremely brainless
    maybe it was you
    do you have a wooden leg?
    Likely not but I'd bet he has a lot of wooden nickles.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 01:52
    Originally posted by moonbus
    most brainless job I ever had ...
    I 'worked' as a model for a life drawing class at an elderly people's art club, sitting motionless for three hours, three times a week. I felt I simply couldn't hack it after about a fortnight although it was the owner's dog biting my face as I sat there on the stool, and all the 'artists' laughing, that proved to be the last straw.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 02:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I 'worked' as a model for a life drawing class at an elderly people's art club, sitting motionless for three hours, three times a week. I felt I simply couldn't hack it after about a fortnight although it was the owner's dog biting my face as I sat there on the stool, and all the 'artists' laughing, that proved to be the last straw.
    Do you think the experience prepared you for the General Forum?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 02:37
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Do you think the experience prepared you for the General Forum?
    Well I certainly prefer licking to biting but one can't be too choosy on this Forum.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 06:48
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    You still owe me $75 of the penicillin shots.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 08:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I certainly prefer licking to biting but one can't be too choosy on this Forum.
    I see, so that's why you adopted divegeester.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 08:51
    Originally posted by Kegge
    I see, so that's why you adopted divegeester.
    If you weren't quite such a bumpkin you'd have realised that that was the gag I was revisiting, albeit in a rather more sophisticated way than you were able to manage. 😛
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 09:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you weren't quite such a bumpkin you'd have realised that that was the gag I was revisiting, albeit in a rather more sophisticated way than you were able to manage. 😛
    Of course you were.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree