New Blood

New Blood

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
First words out of of your unrinsed mouth on a glorious Saturday morning... pitiful, woefully pitiful! Your parents and grandparents should be proud.
Could you say that in Welsh?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Sep 12
1 edit

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
22 Sep 12

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
22 Sep 12

I am here to torture the mind of the forum dwellers, from time to time. I use the medium of dance to express myself and occasionally I sit in trees.

ml

out on bail

Moves
22 Sep 12

You will be familiar, then, with Pentre. My grandparents lived on Hillside Street, number 19, to be exact. I have a vivid memory of gransha walking up the very steep garden path carrying two huge buckets of coal on a very icy day. I was in awe of a man who could do that with a false right leg, having had it blown off at the Somme!

Tom Harris was his name, and he went on to father a dozen kids!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by michael liddle

You will be familiar, then, with Pentre. My grandparents lived on Hillside Street, number 19, to be exact. I have a vivid memory of gransha walking up the very steep garden path carrying two huge buckets of coal on a very icy day. I was in awe of a man who could do that with a false right leg, having had it blown off at the Somme!

Tom Harris was his name, and he went on to father a dozen kids!
Salutes to an exceptionally patriotic, salt of the earth family.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
22 Sep 12

ml

out on bail

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Salutes to an exceptionally patriotic, salt of the earth family.
Thanks GB, much appreciated

Mike

ml

out on bail

Moves
22 Sep 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
No, I never lived in Wales. My elder two sisters did but I was born in Wanstead, Essex in 1953.

A few years ago a sister was in Cardiff and decided to visit Pentre to see if Hillside Street still existed. She was amazed to find that the street had had a transformation and the original houses had undergone a major overhaul. Whilst she was taking some photos outside no19, the lady of the house came out, had a chat and then invited sis in for a cup of tea. She spent a few hours there, I believe. (No sign of the tin bath by the fire, she said!).

My dad was born in Treherbert, btw. During WW2 mum worked in Polikoffs, making army uniforms.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
23 Sep 12

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Sep 12

What's a drewno? BTW, I am the village curmudgeon.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
23 Sep 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
What's a drewno? BTW, I am the village curmudgeon.
This is drewno, or maybe a drewno out of dress!

http://www.bank-zdjec.com/foto/8044/

😀

-m.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
23 Sep 12

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by michael liddle

Thanks GB, much appreciated

Mike
Maybe sometime around Christmas we could play an unrated (tutorial). Probably take until then to unload

the dozen or so games in progress to get back within the non-subscriber max of six. -Bobby

Read a book!

Moves
23 Sep 12

Don't go.