General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16084
    30 Nov '14 13:34
    http://youtu.be/diYlHI8Ghkg
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98271
    30 Nov '14 13:43
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    http://youtu.be/diYlHI8Ghkg
    This could be used by many places unfortunately.😳
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    30 Nov '14 13:44
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    http://youtu.be/diYlHI8Ghkg
    I am voting for the fascist UKIP party the party of hate and depravity.
  4. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16084
    30 Nov '14 14:42
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I am voting for the fascist UKIP party the party of hate and depravity.
    I've listened to so many mockney xenophobic UKIP callers on LBC this week that I started to feel ill, and very reluctantly switched over to John Pienarr's phone-in show on the BBC. I can't stand Pienarr and his chummy politics-as-a-game political narrative, but I actually felt sorry for him for once - he was taking call after call from confused, overtly racist voters mumbling about swamping and wishing they still lived in the 1950s in an all-white Britain. Still, it could be worse, just take a listen to the immigration debate on C-Span: http://youtu.be/IQlZbJZN8sg
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    30 Nov '14 15:59
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    I've listened to so many mockney xenophobic UKIP callers on LBC this week that I started to feel ill, and very reluctantly switched over to John Pienarr's phone-in show on the BBC. I can't stand Pienarr and his chummy politics-as-a-game political narrative, but I actually felt sorry for him for once - he was taking call after call from confused, overtly rac ...[text shortened]... ld be worse, just take a listen to the immigration debate on C-Span: http://youtu.be/IQlZbJZN8sg
    I was a socialist for 43 years but now I wonder why.
  6. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16084
    30 Nov '14 16:06
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I was a socialist for 43 years but now I wonder why.
    I'd class myself as a guild socialist rather than a collectivist, but I'm still holding my nose and voting Labour, if only because we're finally being offered the chance to vote for energy freezes and partial renationalization by tender - as opposed to full renationalization, which the Tories will immediately flog to the lowest bidder first chance they get. This for me is something people overlook when they vote Green - renationalization by tender (like the East Coast Mainline, which Stagecoach were gifted thsi week) costs virtually nothing and can efficiently and speedily roll back the rentiers and spivs who have taken over the railways, whereas full renationalization will cost a fortune, be opposed root and branch by every corporate interest in existence and be reversed first chance Cameron, Osborne or their successors get.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    30 Nov '14 16:15
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    I'd class myself as a guild socialist rather than a collectivist, but I'm still holding my nose and voting Labour, if only because we're finally being offered the chance to vote for energy freezes and partial renationalization by tender - as opposed to full renationalization, which the Tories will immediately flog to the lowest bidder first chance they get. ...[text shortened]... ate interest in existence and be reversed first chance Cameron, Osborne or their successors get.
    who ever gets in I would like to see more devolution (for the north east) and decentralisation of the financial centre of the UK.
  8. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16084
    30 Nov '14 16:37
    Originally posted by redbadger
    who ever gets in I would like to see more devolution (for the north east) and decentralisation of the financial centre of the UK.
    I agree with you completely. I'd like to see some kind of return to post-war planning (people forget all the new towns that were successfully planned by Hugh Dalton's department, including Newton Aycliffe). The last Northern Assembly referendum turned into a vote on whether or not we liked John Prescott, with predictable results - just as the AV vote became a plebiscite on Nick Clegg, who might have scored slightly better if he'd temporarily presented himself as the Bubonic Plague.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    30 Nov '14 16:41
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    I agree with you completely. I'd like to see some kind of return to post-war planning (people forget all the new towns that were successfully planned by Hugh Dalton's department, including Newton Aycliffe). The last Northern Assembly referendum turned into a vote on whether or not we liked John Prescott, with predictable results - just as the AV vote became ...[text shortened]... o might have scored slightly better if he'd temporarily presented himself as the Bubonic Plague.
    whenever we get a Tory government it another fire sale everything must go.
  10. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89243
    30 Nov '14 17:421 edit
    I shall almost certainly vote ukip in my local election, not that I want them in (overall) power, I just want to make a point to the flaccid so called leaders of the main parties.
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    30 Nov '14 17:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I shall almost certainly vote ukip in my local election, not that I want them in (overall) power, I just want to make a point to the flaccid so called leaders of the main parties.
    I can see your point, but they are all corrupt I know being a politician has become a gravy train. they should have some knowledge of the real world not straight from uni parachuted into a safe seat.should we take this to the debates forum spanky or what.
  12. Arch Stantons Grave
    Joined
    04 Feb '11
    Moves
    29036
    30 Nov '14 20:11
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I can see your point, but they are all corrupt I know being a politician has become a gravy train. they should have some knowledge of the real world not straight from uni parachuted into a safe seat.should we take this to the debates forum spanky or what.
    Amazing, I actually agree with the badger.
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    30 Nov '14 20:16
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    Amazing, I actually agree with the badger.
    nice
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    32159
    01 Dec '14 06:51
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I was a socialist for 43 years but now I wonder why.
    I think it's always been the case that a lot of 'working class' people have held extremely right - wing views when it comes to immigration; get up into the softer middle - class and there lurks a much more tolerant attitude. Fact is that people are living all over the place these days, national boundaries are increasingly breaking down, and 'countries' are becoming ever more meaningless in this regard, (I'm an Englishman living in Indonesia), and long may this continue.
  15. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89243
    01 Dec '14 08:09
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    I think it's always been the case that a lot of 'working class' people have held extremely right - wing views when it comes to immigration; get up into the softer middle - class and there lurks a much more tolerant attitude. Fact is that people are living all over the place these days, national boundaries are increasingly breaking down, and 'countries ...[text shortened]... meaningless in this regard, (I'm an Englishman living in Indonesia), and long may this continue.
    I'm not sure why you are confusing "intolerance" with the political position of reducing immigration.
Back to Top