1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 16:54
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    Are you sure you're talking to the right person?
    Yes but not about the Indonesia piece.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 16:55
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    UKIP's official policy is not anti-immigration. It is anti-unrestricted immigration.
    Well, "official" policy versus how they actually implement it differs widely, just like here in the US.

Like conservatives in this country claim they are not "anti-immigration", they are only "anti-illegal-immigration", and yet, they advocate unrestricted ability to stop anyone with "brown" skin and ask them to prove their citizenship. Naturally, they don't bother with anyone looking "white", and so, in fact, they are "anti-immigration-of-those-who-look-foreign".
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 16:55
    UKIP's official policy is not anti-immigration. It is anti-unrestricted immigration.
    Don't try and talk sense, please.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 16:58
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Labour read Democrat/ conservative read Republican/ UKIP read Ku Klux Clan.
    Yeah, so pretty much like the Tea Party over here.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 19:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes but not about the Indonesia piece.
    Oh I see, so we should only be reading parts of what you say, and you are quoting what others say and responding as if I said them; well I'm glad that's clear then. I'm having difficulty taking this seriously any more. May you live long and prosper, and may your world be multi - racial, multi - faith and multi everything else, within politically and socially tolerable (it's that emotive word again) bounds, of course.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 19:513 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, "official" policy versus how they actually implement it differs widely, just like here in the US.

Like conservatives in this country claim they are not "anti-immigration", they are only "anti-illegal-immigration", and yet, they advocate unrestricted ability to stop anyone with "brown" skin and ask them to prove their citizenship. Naturally, they d ...[text shortened]... anyone looking "white", and so, in fact, they are "anti-immigration-of-those-who-look-foreign".
    An hour before this post you didn't even know who UKIP was. Now, apparently, you feel in a position to pass judgement on what they actually believe, rather than what they say they believe.

You should join the debate in the UK on immigration. You would fit right in.🙂
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 20:051 edit
    May you live long and prosper
    Don't get me started on the Vulcans.....coming down here, stealing our first officers' jobs....
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 22:201 edit
    Oh I see, so we should only be reading parts of what you say, and you are quoting what others say and responding as if I said them; well I'm glad that's clear then. I'm having difficulty taking this seriously any more. May you live long and prosper, and may your world be multi - racial, multi - faith and multi everything else, within politically and socially tolerable (it's that emotive word again) bounds, of course.
    Oh dear.

I was acknowledging that while my post was mostly applicable to both you and RO, the Indonesia piece was directed to yourself. I obviously clicked reply to wrong poster.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 22:221 edit
    Don't get me started on the Vulcans.....coming down here, stealing our first officers' jobs....
    The controlling immigration postion has nothing to so with "stealing people's jobs". You really should read another newspaper.
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 23:02
    http://www.ukip.org
    I know very little about UK politics...except that when I went to this link, I saw a familiar face... two years ago I took two courses in American Government from a professor who has a thing for Scotland...so much so that he takes American students from Texas there every summer. Apparently, Prof. J. had such a hard-on for Mr. Farage, that we watched his performance in Parliament at least every third day...

...a welcome relief from American Congressional hearings... ;-)
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 00:13
    An hour before this post you didn't even know who UKIP was. Now, apparently, you feel in a position to pass judgement on what they actually believe, rather than what they say they believe.

If you would have read what I wrote more carefully, you'd see that the only "judgement" I passed on UKIP was in the first sentence... hardly damning. What I said is what politicians the world over do, saying they represent "the people" when the only person they really represent is themselves.

The rest of my post was about... "conservatives in this country", THIS country, where I am, the US.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 07:42
    The controlling immigration postion has nothing to so with "stealing people's jobs". You really should read another newspaper.
    I never know whether you are being serous or not, which I imagine is just how you like it.
  13. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 07:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you would have read what I wrote more carefully, you'd see that the only "judgement" I passed on UKIP was in the first sentence... hardly damning. What I said is what politicians the world over do, saying they represent "the people" when the only person they really represent is themselves.

The rest of my post was about... "conservatives in this country", THIS country, where I am, the US.
    Yes, and I was responding to your first sentence.

However, the rest of your post is also wrong, though this may of course be the case in the US. I have met many good, honest politicians who represent their constituents faithfully and have helped to improve their lives.

They just don't very often make it into Government.
  14. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 15:221 edit

they have no policies no manifesto just a bunch of fecking rabble rousers brown shirted Nazi scum.😵
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 15:48
    And yet, she's closer to the truth than Nigelle Farráge ever was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree