1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 12:07
    @kevcvs57 said
    I know and on the solemn topic of a wasps funeral too. It’s unbelievable.
    So that’s a no to catering at the wake then, not even the little iced cup cakes and a cup of tea?
    Well iced cakes will attract a good number of the deceased's friends and relatives, I guess.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 17:59
    5. What is the oldest bit of clothing you own?

My dear old mum’s red wooly hat and brown suede boots that she wore when she had her final heart attack. 💐
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 20:16
    @kevcvs57 said
    I know and on the solemn topic of a wasps funeral too. It’s unbelievable.
    So that’s a no to catering at the wake then, not even the little iced cup cakes and a cup of tea?
    People don't show up at a wake for the tea.

It's the free booze. Single-malt scotch with a bottle of spring water on the side, please.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 21:02
    @suzianne said

It's the free booze. Single-malt scotch with a bottle of spring water on the side, please.
    no iced cake
    to bake.
    no tea; milk-shake
    no booze to take
    no yacht wake
    on any lake
    no drake
    on the lake
    no mistake
    lots at stake
    dead wasp
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 06:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    They won't allow me to form another political party.

😞
    Why would you form another one? You and Lord Sutch already formed one, right? Ban parking meters. Free beer for all.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 07:24
    @moonbus said
    Why would you form another one? You and Lord Sutch already formed one, right? Ban parking meters. Free beer for all.
    Dear Mr. Bus,
    We at the Monster Raving Loony Party are outraged at your claim that the Ghost is a founding member of our party. Although it may be true that he was the inspiration for many of our policies, especially those involving reusable socks and bacon, he is in no way affiliated with our party. We look forward to receiving your cheque for 1200 pounds towards our future plan of illegalizing curtains.

Mr. Wibble Wibble
    Monster Raving Loony Party
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 10:48
    @suzianne said

Yeah that’s how to start a fight at wake, it’s not a proper wake without a kick off. We could compromise and drink cider with enough iced cakes for a bun fight.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 16:231 edit
    1. Wasp census. (Somehow we need to get all the wasps to go back to their original hives to register). Hands off, sounds like a sting to me.
    2. When did you last see a donkey? I see a jackass in the Oval Office. Does that count?
    3. Who has the most cash down the back of the sofa competition. (Ponderable to adjudicate). Hey, I finally found my car keys!
    4. Best thing to come out of the 80's. Dire Straits.
    5. What is the oldest bit of clothing you own? Guy Fawkes’ socks; family heirloom, long story.
    6. Weirdest thing you've eaten? Rattle snake. It slithered across my path along the John Muir Trail.
    7. Weirdest person you've dated? I was probably the weirdest person someone else dated, clone of Garth from Wayne’s World: “At first underwear is scratchy and uncomfortable, but then it becomes part of you.”
    8. Piccalilli. Never tried it, so no opinion. Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks, I reckon.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 19:04
    @moonbus said
    1. Wasp census. (Somehow we need to get all the wasps to go back to their original hives to register). Hands off, sounds like a sting to me.
    2. When did you last see a donkey? I see a jackass in the Oval Office. Does that count?
    3. Who has the most cash down the back of the sofa competition. (Ponderable to adjudicate). Hey, I finally found my car keys!
    4. Best thing to com ...[text shortened]... .”[/i]
    8. Piccalilli. Never tried it, so no opinion. Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks, I reckon.
    There are little pieces of cauliflower in Piccalilli.

I'm not messing with you.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 19:24
    @suzianne said

You are a woman of exquisite taste though I prefer mine, "au naturel. Cet a dire, sans eau".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree