Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Jul 22

@gambrel said
Pffffffttt!!!!1!
I know, I was fooled by the first post I saw, too.

Don't worry, though, he's not long for this world, it appears.

G

Moves
27 Jul 22
2 edits

@suzianne said
I know, I was fooled by the first post I saw, too.

Don't worry, though, he's not long for this world, it appears.
I just now saw he passed away today.
My thoughts are with his loved ones. His wife must be stressed to no end thinking he was dead, thinking he passed and him dying the next day.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
28 Jul 22

James Lovelock,103

known for measuring the FCKW in the atmosphere and playing a big role in the discovery of the Ozone hole.

Moves
28 Jul 22

Bernard Cribbins, actor in Last of the Summer Wine and Dr. Who, narrator of The Wombles, singer of Right, Said Fred (the song, not the band) and occasional panel show participant.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jul 22

@shallow-blue said
Bernard Cribbins, actor in Last of the Summer Wine and Dr. Who, narrator of The Wombles, singer of Right, Said Fred (the song, not the band) and occasional panel show participant.
I wonder who sings "there I was digging this hole" as they dig his grave

Moves
28 Jul 22

@badradger said
I wonder who sings "there I was digging this hole" as they dig his grave
I wouldn't put it past Cribbins to specifically ask for it to ne played.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jul 22

@shallow-blue said
I wouldn't put it past Cribbins to specifically ask for it to ne played.
yeah they broke the mold a genius without doubt.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
30 Jul 22

Archie Roach, Australian aboriginal musician, songwriter and artist, dead at 66.

Gunditjmara (Kirrae Whurrong/Djab Wurrung), Bundjalung Senior Elder, songman and storyteller.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Jul 22

Bill Russell, perhaps the greatest basketball player of all time, dies at 88

William Felton Russell died Sunday with his wife Jeannine at his side. He was 88. The greatest winner in professional sports — Russell’s 11 championships in 13 seasons is a mark unlikely to ever be matched — Russell’s decorated career included 12 All-Star appearances and an Olympic gold medal in 1956. He was at his best in the biggest moments: In 30 elimination games at the college, pro and Olympic levels, Russell was a staggering 28-2.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bill-russell-nba-celtics-greatest-basketball-player-of-all-time-dies-at-88-172445014.html

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Jul 22

Navajo Code Talker Samuel Sandoval dies; 3 left from group

Samuel Sandoval, one of the last remaining Navajo Code Talkers who transmitted messages in World War II using a code based on their native language, has died.

Sandoval died late Friday at a hospital in Shiprock, New Mexico, his wife, Malula told The Associated Press on Saturday. He was 98.

Hundreds of Navajos were recruited from the vast Navajo Nation to serve as Code Talkers with the U.S. Marine Corps. Only three are still alive today: Peter MacDonald, John Kinsel Sr. and Thomas H. Begay.

https://news.yahoo.com/navajo-code-talker-samuel-sandoval-210842671.html

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
31 Jul 22

@badradger said
yeah they broke the mold a genius without doubt.
Agreed.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
31 Jul 22
5 edits

@suzianne said
Bill Russell, perhaps the greatest basketball player of all time, dies at 88

William Felton Russell died Sunday with his wife Jeannine at his side. He was 88. The greatest winner in professional sports — Russell’s 11 championships in 13 seasons is a mark unlikely to ever be matched — Russell’s decorated career included 12 All-Star appearances and an Olympic gold medal in ...[text shortened]... com/sports/bill-russell-nba-celtics-greatest-basketball-player-of-all-time-dies-at-88-172445014.html
Very sad to see this. I grew up with Bill in his prime. I saw many of those championships, or at least heard them on radio with Dad.

Little known facts about Bill Russel:
Bill Russell's high school team won the high school state championship while Bill attended high school
Bill won two NCAA (national collegiate) championships while with the University of San Francisco
In one calendar year, Bill won an NCAA championship w/USF, an Olympic Gold medal with team USA, and an NBA world championship with the Boston Celtics.

Bill won 11 NBA championships in 13 years. One of those misses was when he was injured and did not play.
No doubt, Bill Russell is the winningest athlete America ever saw. RIP, Bill.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
31 Jul 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
Navajo Code Talker Samuel Sandoval dies; 3 left from group

Samuel Sandoval, one of the last remaining Navajo Code Talkers who transmitted messages in World War II using a code based on their native language, has died.

Sandoval died late Friday at a hospital in Shiprock, New Mexico, his wife, Malula told The Associated Press on Saturday. He was 98.

Hundreds of Navajo ...[text shortened]... . and Thomas H. Begay.

https://news.yahoo.com/navajo-code-talker-samuel-sandoval-210842671.html
A great group of people, they were. RIP Samuel.

Use of the Code Talkers was a very successful tactic for the US, as Japan could not crack this complicated language.
Their service was so important to the war effort that each talker had a guardian who was instructed to kill the code talker
if it seemed the Japanese were about to capture the code talker. That is serious stuff.

Moves
31 Jul 22

Nichelle Nichols has died at age 89.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
31 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said
Nichelle Nichols has died at age 89.
Ah that’s sad, loved her all my life in Star Trek as Uhura.