One flew over the General Forum

One flew over the General Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Aug 16

I mean, you guys do nothing but complain about how you can't stand it in this place here and you don't have the guts just to walk out? What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average a$$hole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Aug 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I mean, you guys do nothing but complain about how you can't stand it in this place here and you don't have the guts just to walk out? What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average a$$hole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it.
Hey dude! Is that "Chrissake" in vain? Oh no! I can't believe this! How can it be? Dive, you went and did it didn't you?

Am I going crazy? Should I quit this site now? πŸ˜‰

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Aug 16

Originally posted by josephw
Hey dude! Is that "Chrissake" in vain? Oh no! I can't believe this! How can it be? Dive, you went and did it didn't you?

Am I going crazy? Should I quit this site now? πŸ˜‰
It's a quote from the movie doofus.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Aug 16

Dive,
Is everyone suppose to know that was a quote from a movie? I certainly didn't! One would have to be a movie junkie I would think.

Regards,
-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Aug 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Dive,
Is everyone suppose to know that was a quote from a movie? I certainly didn't! One would have to be a movie junkie I would think.

Regards,
-VR
Well, you know now Mr Cheswick.

Shall we continue?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Aug 16
1 edit

Well, you know now Mr Cheswick.

Shall we continue?
Dive,
I have no idea what or who you are talking about!

Continue if must, try explain what you are talking about and what movie the quote is from?

Some of us are not Movie Junkies. πŸ˜‰

Regards,
-VR

c

Moves
12 Aug 16

Mmmmmmm....juicyfruit.

Read a book!

Moves
12 Aug 16

Dive,
I have no idea what or who you are talking about!

Continue if must, try explain what you are talking about and what movie the quote is from?

Some of us are not Movie Junkies. πŸ˜‰

Regards,
-VR
Clue: Note the thread title. It refers to a movie based on a book.

F

Moves
12 Aug 16
1 edit

It's obviously wittier not to put it in quotes so that it's application to the goings on here on this forum is thrown into ironic sharp relief. Your failure to realize this - for what you probably see as being your own 'good' reasons - and your dreary two-post droning about how you didn't get it - will soon be covered up by forum traffic and eventually forgotten, although the general impression people have of you will most likely remain unaffected by this incident. πŸ˜‰

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Aug 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Clue: Note the thread title. It refers to a movie based on a book.
Andy,
Then why not just put the book title.

Regards,
-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It's obviously wittier not to put it in quotes so that it's application to the goings on here on this forum is thrown into ironic sharp relief. Your failure to realize this - for what you probably see as being your own 'good' reasons - and your dreary two-post droning about how you didn't get it - will soon be covered up by forum traffic and eventually forgotten ...[text shortened]... he general impression people have of you will most likely remain unaffected by this incident. πŸ˜‰
Sir,
I'd be more concerned if I were you about what the general impression people have of you are. Don't be concerned about me. I'll do just fine thank you for your concern. πŸ˜‰ It wouldn't be the first thing I didn't know, or the last I am sure. By page 2 people will have forgotten. Most could really care less. πŸ˜‰

Regards,
-VR

F

Moves
12 Aug 16

It wouldn't be the first thing I didn't know, or the last I am sure. By page 2 people will have forgotten. Most could really care less. πŸ˜‰
My point exactly.

F

Moves
12 Aug 16

Andy,
It's now a dreary three-post droning about how you didn't get it. πŸ˜›

Read a book!

Moves
12 Aug 16
1 edit

Andy,

Regards,
-VR
The title is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
The book is by Ken Kesey, the movie stars Jack Nicholson.
You would enjoy either, or both.

Edit: There was also a play, but let's not complicate things.

F

Moves
12 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
The title is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
The book is by Ken Kesey, the movie stars Jack Nicholson.
You would enjoy either, or both.
It is an excellent example of an excellent film that measures up excellently against the excellent novel it's based on.