1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 01:57
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    A simple belief that I hold, that has served me well in my life, is the notion that a genuine friend is someone who will bring out the absolute best in you.

Important to learn early in life how to differentiate between a so-called "friend," and a true blue, will-give-you-the-shirt-of-their back friend...

Applicable in marriage as well 🙂
    Well said.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 01:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    You once started a thread where you claimed you would rather die than blame your God figure for adversities, and you would rather die than mislead anyone on points of bible doctrine. Would dying in those situations have been your choice and against your God figure's will, or would it have been your God figure's choice that you die?

Bump for Grampy Bobby.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 02:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Suicide" with rare exceptions is an insult to your family and friends (and in an indirect sense to the rest of the human race).
    Suicide is NEVER an insult to anyone.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 02:43
    GD, I respect the Libertarian View as well as the Physician Assisted Euthanasia decision some terminally ill patients or their designated Health Proxy may choose; nonetheless, in my own view, God created your life and mine [and the lives of the rest human race since human history began] with an individual purpose and plan, therefore suicide per se woul ...[text shortened]... esent the superimposition of your will or mine over His. An unpopular view in today's world. -GB
    This is your view which you are trying to impose on others.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 02:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    This is your view which you are trying to impose on others.
    There's never any harm in considering the truth, though some will reject it in favor of accepting and even peddling a lie. Your "view"?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 02:543 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Suicide is NEVER an insult to anyone.
    Within the past year or two you commented here about the happiness you experienced on birth of your daughter.
    God forbid that she should ever even contemplate "Suicide".

Original post by Standard member wolfgang59 on 07 Apr '14 15:57.Thread 158727

"new world citizen"

i have a baby girl
    emma louise
    6lb 14oz
    mum n baby fine"
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 03:06
    Within the past year or two you commented here about the happiness you experienced on birth of your daughter.
    God forbid that she should ever even contemplate "Suicide".
    There must be a special name for a logical fallacy as snide as this.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 04:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    There must be a special name for a logical fallacy as snide as this.
    If you're married and have been blessed with children, I hope suicide is never an issue.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 04:032 edits
    There's never any harm in considering the truth, though some will reject it in favor of accepting and even peddling a lie. Your "view"?
    If "Grampy Bobby believes it, it must be "the truth" and those who reject it accept "a lie." That's the most bigoted, narrow-minded, egotistical statement I have ever read, and what I say in response is, how dare you take the God role upon yourself!

Using a person's happiness in the birth of a child to make snide comments about suicide is obscenely bad behaviour. Even for you, GB.

{edited for typos only}
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 04:15
    If you're married and have been blessed with children, I hope suicide is never an issue.
    You want me to imagine my children committing suicide so that I might then feel pressured to agree with the patent nonsense you have come out with regarding the issue?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 04:21
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Using a person's happiness in the birth of a child to make snide comments about suicide is obscenely bad behaviour. Even for you, GB.
    Just as he's smothering the forum with his browbeating 'lists' of things he dislikes spread across countless threads, in the space of a few posts, he drags things down to a new forum nadir of sheer nastiness.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 04:52
    GD, I respect the Libertarian View as well as the Physician Assisted Euthanasia decision some terminally ill patients or their designated Health Proxy may choose; nonetheless, in my own view, God created your life and mine [and the lives of the rest human race since human history began] with an individual purpo ...[text shortened]... ing suicide?"

No "worrying", BDP; simply an unwelcome statement of fact.
    You have yet to establish it as anything remotely resembling 'fact'.

What makes you so sure that God has not already accounted for the intent of any given person in committing suicide? Is his plan so fragile that a few despondent humans can ruin it so easily?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 06:11
    If "Grampy Bobby believes it, it must be "the truth" and those who reject it accept "a lie." That's the most bigoted, narrow-minded, egotistical statement I have ever read, and what I say in response is, how dare you take the God role upon yourself!

{edited for typos only}
    Thank you.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 07:44
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    You have yet to establish it as anything remotely resembling 'fact'.

What makes you so sure that God has not already accounted for the intent of any given person in committing suicide? Is his plan so fragile that a few despondent humans can ruin it so easily?
    God's respect for human volition is not compromised by His omniscience and omnipotence because of His righteousness and justice.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 07:50

{edited for typos only}
    Truth is often unpleasant whether it's from your physician, attorney, family member, close friend or a casual online contact.
    The only alternatives are truth mixed with error, outright falsehoods and premeditated lies. Take your choice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree