1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 15:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Not in my house.
    You keep horses in the house? wow you must have like a house the size of Wimbledon common.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 16:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I can see how you might think that, from the outside looking in, but the reality is quite different. A person has to be in a very distressed or disturbed state to consider, attempt or succeed in taking their own life. It is always tragic, sometimes bewildering, never an insult to family and friends. They may very well feel hurt and angry by such a death of a love one, but have never yet dealt with a suicide where the motivation was to insult anybody.
    GD, I respect the Libertarian View as well as the Physician Assisted Euthanasia decision some terminally ill patients or their designated Health Proxy may choose; nonetheless, in my own view, God created your life and mine [and the lives of the rest human race since human history began] with an individual purpose and plan, therefore suicide per se would represent the superimposition of your will or mine over His. An unpopular view in today's world. -GB
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Were you not even able to express your own ethical creed in your own words?
    Please read my subsequent statement on page one. Thanks for interest in "Our Ethical Creeds".
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 16:14
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    People are born without their consent
    Suicide is selfish
    Please comment further.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 16:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    GD, I respect the Libertarian View as well as the Physician Assisted Euthanasia decision some terminally ill patients or their designated Health Proxy may choose; nonetheless, in my own view, God created your life and mine [and the lives of the rest human race since human history began] with an individual purpose and plan, therefore suicide per se woul ...[text shortened]... esent the superimposition of your will or mine over His. An unpopular view in today's world. -GB
    I thought God respected our volition?!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 16:31
    GD, I respect the Libertarian View as well as the Physician Assisted Euthanasia decision some terminally ill patients or their designated Health Proxy may choose; nonetheless, in my own view, God created your life and mine [and the lives of the rest human race since human history began] with an individual purpose and plan, therefore suicide per se woul ...[text shortened]... esent the superimposition of your will or mine over His. An unpopular view in today's world. -GB
    You once started a thread where you claimed you would rather die than blame your God figure for adversities, and you would rather die than mislead anyone on points of bible doctrine. Would dying in those situations have been your choice and against your God figure's will, or would it have been your God figure's choice that you die?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 17:16
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I thought God respected our volition?!
    BDP, an excellent on topic question. Yes, He certainly does as of the nano second moment of our physical birth. -GB
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 18:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 19:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And make good rather than bad decisions during our lifetimes because irrevocable decision have permanent consequences for us all.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 19:231 edit
    As I said earlier, you have abolsultely no idea what you are talking about on this topic. Your opinion on this is frankly offensive and your ignorant stubbornness reveals your lack of sensitivity and ability to even try and empathise. Probably one of your low points during your time on this forum I would suggest.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 19:49
    BDP, an excellent on topic question. Yes, He certainly does as of the nano second moment of our physical birth. -GB
    If that's true, then what's with the worrying over 'superimposing [one's] own will over [God's]' by committing suicide?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 20:07
    If that's true, then what's with the worrying over 'superimposing [one's] own will over [God's]' by committing suicide?
    Can you not agree that everyone has a right to their own free will decisions without blindly agreeing that every one of those decisions is correct and right for that person?
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 20:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Can you not agree that everyone has a right to their own free will decisions without blindly agreeing that every one of those decisions is correct and right for that person?
    Of course. But our conversation had nothing to do with "correct" OR "right".
  14. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 23:57
    A simple belief that I hold, that has served me well in my life, is the notion that a genuine friend is someone who will bring out the absolute best in you.

Important to learn early in life how to differentiate between a so-called "friend," and a true blue, will-give-you-the-shirt-of-their back friend...

Applicable in marriage as well 🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 01:56
    GD, I respect the Libertarian View as well as the Physician Assisted Euthanasia decision some terminally ill patients or their designated Health Proxy may choose; nonetheless, in my own view, God created your life and mine [and the lives of the rest human race since human history began] with an individual purpose and plan, therefore suicide per se woul ...[text shortened]... esent the superimposition of your will or mine over His. An unpopular view in today's world. -GB"

"If that's true, then what's with the worrying over 'superimposing [one's] own will over [God's]' by committing suicide?"

No "worrying", BDP; simply an unwelcome statement of fact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree