1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 10:48
    Not sure why my post is attracting thumbs down.

Curious.
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 11:24
    @indonesia-phil said
    The greatest trick that our minds ever 'learned' was to make us aware of ourselves and our own existence, which makes us as a species unique in the animal world, and the great mystery is 'when did this happen?' All philosophy and religion starts from there.
    The second greatest trick our minds 'learned' was to hide much of their true nature from ourselves to aid survival, but which aspects of religion and philosophy are to understand the first trick and which are to aid the second?!?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:05
    @divegeester said
    An immediate thumbs down but no comment.
    You could start by citing the source.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:16
    @suzianne said
    You could start by citing the source.
    Interesting you should say this.

Why do you need to know?

I thought the first line of divegeester's post was sufficient.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:19
    @fmf said

Why do you need to know?

Because people like you have made a habit of calling people out for not citing their source, yet you fail this time. One wonders why.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:20
    @suzianne said
    I don't recall ringing your bell. Hush.
    I don't recall pulling on your chains.........Shhhhhh....

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:21
    @suzianne said
    Because people like you have made a habit of calling people out for not citing their source, yet you fail this time. One wonders why.
    Actually you wonder why? 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:21
    @fmf said

Why do you need to know?

I concur!~

-VR
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:241 edit
    @divegeester removed their quoted post
    As you know from our long conversations about it, I think all this stuff is generated by a heady blend of three things [1] narcissism [2] political impotence and paranoia, and [3] unrefined and unfiltered confirnation bias.

The narcissism is fed by having a conspiracy theory prism that gives you access to analysis that other people don't get.

And the fact that other people don't get it is perceived as evidence that their prism is onto the truth.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:28
    @suzianne said
    The first line of divegeester's post is enough, surely. When people like me call others out for not "citing their sources", it's where there is clearly plagiarism. Have you never been able to discern that?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:28
    @fmf said
    As you know from our long conversations about it, I think all this stuff is generated by a heady blend of three things [1] narcissism [2] political impotence and paranoia, and [3] unrefined and unfiltered confirnation bias.

The narcissism is fed by having a conspiracy theory prism that gives you access to analysis that other people don't get.

And the fact that other people don't get it is perceived as evidence that their prism is into the truth.
    Everyone sees things differently...You could be right, then again you may be wrong depending on your thoughts on a certain Topic.

No one can be correct 100% of the time!!!

-VR
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:29
    @very-rusty said
    Everyone sees things differently...You could be right, then again you may be wrong depending on your thoughts on a certain Topic.

No one can be correct 100% of the time!!!

-VR
    Why do you post this kind of pointless tosh?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:35
    @divegeester said
    It a genuine account of conversations between myself and a person I know very well.
    Suzianne, did you really not read this?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:36
    @divegeester said
    As I said in the post, it is an unattributed (I’m saying who it is), abridged, derived and highly adapted from a series of real conversations with a highly intelligent and most excellent human being.
    Suzianne, did you really not read this either?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 15:37
    @divegeester said
    I know this person very well, it is a summation of expressions of their mindset and a notable part of their belief structure.
    And what about this Suzianne, did you really not read this before asking him for his "source"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree