1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 00:031 edit
    @divegeester said
    What a very strange reaction to my post, both in terms of anonymous thumbs and specifically Suzianne.
    Her only interest in the stuff you posted, so far, seems to be raising an objection to you not naming the person - although there's no need to - and to suggest I am a hypocrite for NOT calling you out for plagiarism, something I do with people who blatantly try to pass off other's writing as their own. Or something like that. Bizarre. Maybe she's still very, very upset about something?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:07
    @fmf said
    He's summarizing the views of a "third party". He said so repeatedly. And he's doing this ~ surely? ~ because they are the views of the person he's described and not his own.
    Okay, but why would we be interested in the views of somebody we don't know the identity of, and are not being allowed to know, (particularly since he has described the person in such glowing terms) unless there is some accompanying commentary?

We all, after all, know people who have opinions.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:15
    @indonesia-phil said
    No thumbs from me, but if the quoted opinions are ones that you agree with, why not just say 'these are my opinions'; why introduce the mysterious and anonymous third party, I'm sure nobody cares who they are, and it's a bit creepy, to be honest.
    It is the personal reality of someone I know very well and I don’t want to reveal who or what they are for several reasons the most pertinent ones being that their personal privacy and that naming them adds nothing to the narrative.

If you wish to dismiss the content of the the post in made because I didn’t name them, “my mate Kevin from the pub” for example, then so be it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:18
    @indonesia-phil said
    Okay, but why would we be interested in the views of somebody we don't know the identity of, and are not being allowed to know, (particularly since he has described the person in such glowing terms) unless there is some accompanying commentary?

We all, after all, know people who have opinions.
    Would you be interested in this take on someone’s “Personal Reality” if I told you they were “my mate Kev from down the pub”?

Is my word that the post is a representation of a real persons world view not enough for you?

Is my word that the “Personal Reality” summarised in that post in not my personal reality not enough for you?
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:21
    @fmf said
    I don't feel that the views of the "third party" he's describing are "creepy". Misguided yes, misanthropic yes, paranoid, pessimistic and a bit pretentious, yes. But they are earnest and distressed, not "creepy". Unless it is divegeester you're describing as "a bit creepy", in which case I don't get what you mean.
    I'm not saying the views of the person are creepy, nor for a moment am I saying that divegeester is creepy (I regard him as a friend, and I don't have creepy friends).
    It was probably a bad word to use, but I was referring in general to the use of some anonymous others' opinions on the forum, as per my last post. It just made me feel uncomfortable, but that's probably just me.
    Tell you what, I hereby retract 'creepy', creepy's done.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:271 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    I'm not sure whether these are your thoughts and opinions or whether they are a random list of 'quotes' from various conversations with another or others. All of the statements could be discussed individually.
    Phil I will return to your post if you don’t mind, in order to provide on further point of clarity.

The list in my post a few pages back is attributed to one person whom I know very well. An excellent human being whom I will not name nor infer in any way how I know them. It is unattributed in terms of this anonymity. It is no one at rhp and no one at rhp will know them - at least not as far as is known to me or them.

This person and I have had several conversations in the past weeks and my post is an abridged list of the key points of their personal reality.

It is not a trick post in way. It is exactly what it says it is.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:28
    @indonesia-phil said
    It was probably a bad word to use, but I was referring in general to the use of some anonymous others' opinions on the forum, as per my last post. It just made me feel uncomfortable, but that's probably just me.
    Tell you what, I hereby retract 'creepy', creepy's done.
    Why does my doing this make you feel uncomfortable?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:30
    @indonesia-phil said
    I'm not saying the views of the person are creepy, nor for a moment am I saying that divegeester is creepy (I regard him as a friend, and I don't have creepy friends).
    That’s nice 😊
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:35
    @divegeester said
    Would you be interested in this take on someone’s “Personal Reality” if I told you they were “my mate Kev from down the pub”?

Is my word that the post is a representation of a real persons world view not enough for you?

Is my word that the “Personal Reality” summarised in that post in not my personal reality not enough for you?
    I think that's the first time that you have given your personal take on the matter, which is the part which interests me, because you I know, in a virtual sort of way.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:37
    @divegeester said
    That’s nice 😊
    It's true, dear chap, everything else is just conversation, if I'm speaking out of turn, forgive me.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:39
    @divegeester said
    Why does my doing this make you feel uncomfortable?
    It's just my personal reality...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:41
    @fmf said
    Suzianne, did you really not read this either?
    As usual Suzianne is not interested in content and more focused on being what she derides.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:42
    @indonesia-phil said
    I think that's the first time that you have given your personal take on the matter, which is the part which interests me, because you I know, in a virtual sort of way.
    I’ve been giving my personal take on the matter (the content of my post) from the very first word of that post and ever since.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:442 edits
    @indonesia-phil said
    It's just my personal reality...
    Ok you don’t have to explain why if you don’t want to and you’ve retracted your assertion that my post is “creepy”. I’m just trying to understand your personal reality, if you like.

I’ve posted a summary of someone I know’s personal reality. It’s a conversation piece.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:45
    @indonesia-phil said
    It's true, dear chap, everything else is just conversation, if I'm speaking out of turn, forgive me.
    Not at all, it is a privilege for some to be regarded as a friend.

Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree