General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19063
    17 Aug '16 14:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here is an opportunity to reveal personal things that might not ordinarily come up in forum conversation.
    I was once run over by an ambulance.

    That kind of thing?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    470308
    17 Aug '16 14:381 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was once run over by an ambulance.

    That kind of thing?
    Is is a true story? Did you bang your head?

    Regards,
    -VR
  3. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29994
    17 Aug '16 14:48
    FMF: Here is an opportunity to reveal personal things that might not ordinarily come up in forum conversation.

    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was once run over by an ambulance.

    That kind of thing?
    Perhaps you could say something about your feelings at that time in order to make it a bit more "personal"?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19063
    17 Aug '16 14:482 edits
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Is is a true story? Did you bang your head?

    Regards,
    -VR
    Yes, a true story. Was at a local donkey derby. The ambulance was travelling across the playing field carrying an injured jockey. - Meanwhile I was being chased by my sister, oblivious to the whack coming my way.

    I survived.

    Thanks for your concern
    Hope your donkeys get enough hay

    Duke of a cantaloupe
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    470308
    17 Aug '16 14:522 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, a true story. Was at a local donkey derby. The ambulance was travelling across the playing field carrying an injured jockey. - Meanwhile I was being chased by my sister, oblivious to the whack coming my way.

    I survived.

    Thanks for your concern
    Hope your donkeys get enough hay

    Duke of a cantaloupe
    Goad,
    I don't believe a word of it, but was funny as hell! 😉 Thanks for the laughs!

    Regards,
    -VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19063
    17 Aug '16 15:08
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Goad,
    I don't believe a word of it, but was funny as hell! 😉 Thanks for the laughs!

    Regards,
    -VR
    Truth is often funnier than fiction.

    🙂
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19063
    17 Aug '16 15:13
    I was once run over by a Ford Capri.
  8. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29994
    17 Aug '16 15:17
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was once run over by a Ford Capri.
    Almost 2,000,000 Ford Capris were built and sold 1969–1986. Countless thousands of anonymous people were most likely run over by long forgotten Ford Capris. Don't you have any slightly less impersonal revelations to share?
  9. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29994
    17 Aug '16 15:271 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was once run over by a Ford Capri.
    What about a Ford Zephyr Mark IV? Only 150,000 of those were built.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    557275
    17 Aug '16 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here is an opportunity to reveal personal things that might not ordinarily come up in forum conversation.
    Thread 169586 would ahve been perfect as thread fior this kind of information. Don't you think?

    PS: FMF spotted the mistake and ´had the grace to rectify it in the next post 😉
  11. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29994
    17 Aug '16 16:16
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    [threadid]169586[Ithreadid] would ahve been perfect as thread fior this kind of information. Don't you think?
    Thread 169586
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19063
    17 Aug '16 16:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Almost 2,000,000 Ford Capris were built and sold 1969–1986. Countless thousands of anonymous people were most likely run over by long forgotten Ford Capris. Don't you have any slightly less impersonal revelations to share?
    I was once run over by a Bichon Frise.
  13. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29994
    17 Aug '16 16:55
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was once run over by a Bichon Frise.
    That's better. Was it driven by an off duty ambulance man?
  14. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29994
    17 Aug '16 16:58
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was once run over by a Bichon Frise.
    Hang on. No. So. Did it belong to an ambulance man?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19063
    17 Aug '16 17:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hang on. No. So. Did it belong to an ambulance man?
    To clarify, I have been run over on 5 separate occasions:

    1. Run over by an ambulance.
    2. Run over by a Ford Capri.
    3. Run over by a Bichon Frise.
    4. Run over by a lawn mower.
    5. Run over by Ben Affleck.

    (As an aside, my great Grandfather was run over by Winston Churchill).
Back to Top