1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '23 09:17
    https://news.sky.com/story/phillip-schofield-admits-affair-with-much-younger-man-and-steps-down-from-itv-role-12890246

His brother also recently charged with sexually abuse of an 11 year old.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '23 22:58
    @divegeester
    I can state categorically that this is not an aspect of the UK's public domain that I follow. I did, however, know about Philip Schofield until 1991 when I emigrated.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '23 06:02
    @fmf said
    @divegeester
    I can state categorically that this is not an aspect of the UK's public domain that I follow. I did, however, know about Philip Schofield until 1991 when I emigrated.
    Some here might still remember the abuse I got for calling Schofield out when his sexual impropriety first leaked and he used his position as breakfast TV anchor to present himself as the victim of his own repressed sexuality as he gently sobbed crocodile tears to his viewers who oohed and ahhed at the poor oppressed lying little toad.
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    28 May '23 07:21
    I volunteer for a predator catch organization. I have 0 tolerance for this type of crime.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 May '23 07:44
    @divegeester said
    https://news.sky.com/story/phillip-schofield-admits-affair-with-much-younger-man-and-steps-down-from-itv-role-12890246

His brother also recently charged with sexually abuse of an 11 year old.
    Not sure about the relevance of his brother or if we are tainted by the crimes of a sibling. (If that's not what you believe, then not sure why you mentioned his brother).
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '23 08:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not sure about the relevance of his brother or if we are tainted by the crimes of a sibling. (If that's not what you believe, then not sure why you mentioned his brother).
    I'm not sure of its relevance either. But it might be relevant.

Was P. Schofield [who is now known to have form in terms of abuse of power /sexual impropriety] aware of the abuse his brother committed? Did he alert anyone to it? Did he ever lie to protect his brother?

P. Schofield has shown a nasty proclivity for illicit sex and poor judgement: has he shown any poor judgement about his brother's nasty proclivity for sexual abuse?

Could P. Schofield have helped that 11-year-old child? Or did he keep the sexual conduct secret, as he did with himself?

As I say, I'm not sure of its relevance but a few questions could be asked.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '23 09:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Perhaps he knew about it, maybe suspected it. Perhaps it’s a family trait…sexual misbehaviour and lying about it.

Perhaps it will be another 12 months of jazz-handed deflections, virtue-signalling and wokist faux outrage before we find out.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 May '23 10:31
    @fmf said
    I'm not sure of its relevance either. But it might be relevant.

Was P. Schofield [who is now known to have form in terms of abuse of power /sexual impropriety] aware of the abuse his brother committed? Did he alert anyone to it? Did he ever lie to protect his brother?

P. Schofield has shown a nasty proclivity for illicit sex and poor judgement: has he shown any poor judgem ...[text shortened]... he did with himself?

As I say, I'm not sure of its relevance but a few questions could be asked.
    Not really following the story, but did read something about him disowning his brother.

I still think adding it to the OP was a cheap shot. Philip is his own person and should be judged as such.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 May '23 10:44
    @divegeester said
    Perhaps he knew about it, maybe suspected it. Perhaps it’s a family trait…sexual misbehaviour and lying about it.

Perhaps it will be another 12 months of jazz-handed deflections, virtue-signalling and wokist faux outrage before we find out.
    Ah, a tenuous link built on perhaps and maybe.

I see a sad celebrity who lied about a gay affair, presumably to keep it from his family and hide his sexuality/protect his career. - To try and link this to the criminal acts of his brother is also pretty sad.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '23 11:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Ah, a tenuous link built on perhaps and maybe.

I see a sad celebrity who lied about a gay affair, presumably to keep it from his family and hide his sexuality/protect his career. - To try and link this to the criminal acts of his brother is also pretty sad.
    This is the sort of rhetoric you were coming out with a year ago when the Schofield drama first kicked off.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 May '23 14:39
    @divegeester said
    This is the sort of rhetoric you were coming out with a year ago when the Schofield drama first kicked off.
    No idea what you're talking about.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '23 14:51
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    To try and link this to the criminal acts of his brother is also pretty sad.
    If P. Schofield knew absolutely nothing about his brother's crimes, then there is no link.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 May '23 15:16
    @fmf said
    If P. Schofield knew absolutely nothing about his brother's crimes, then there is no link.
    Agreed. The OP attempts to clumsily link the two. (Based only on perhaps and maybe).
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '23 15:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not really following the story, but did read something about him disowning his brother.
    Disowned his brother after his deeds came to light?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 May '23 15:19
    Hell is.....When one of the TWINS is the OP of a thread. 🙂

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree