Philip Schofield: the lies finally revealed

Philip Schofield: the lies finally revealed

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
344d

@fmf said
Whether or not there is a predatory element relates to whether there is a power relationship. You ought to know that from working in an office. Nothing to do with his sexual orientation.
Unless you know more than I do, there is no evidence of Philip being a predator (which does not automatically follow from a disparity in position or power). You are simply making that assumption.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
344d

@fmf said
As I said, P. Schofield is reportedly a poisonous, bullying, secretive liar and arguably a predator as well. If he knew nothing whatsoever about his poisonous, bullying, predatory, secretive lying brother's actions, then there is no link.
Reported by who? You?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Reported by who? You?
His colleagues at work.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Unless you know more than I do, there is no evidence of Philip being a predator (which does not automatically follow from a disparity in position or power). You are simply making that assumption.
A disparity in position or power in a workplace sexual relationship means there is an element of predatory behaviour. That's why people in positions of power having sexual intercourse with their subordinates is considered by most, I'd venture, to be serious impropriety.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
344d

@fmf said
His colleagues at work.
All of them?

I've certainly heard other colleagues paying tribute to him. Are those voices irrelevant as they don't slot into your narrative?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
All of them?

I've certainly heard other colleagues paying tribute to him. Are those voices irrelevant as they don't slot into your narrative?
People pay tribute to toxic celebrities all the time when they are finally gotten rid of.

F

Moves
344d

To me, people in positions of power having sex with subordinates in their workplace is taboo, regardless of whether it's said to be consensual.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
344d

@fmf said
A disparity in position or power in a workplace sexual relationship means there is an element of predatory behaviour. That's why people in positions of power having sexual intercourse with their subordinates is considered by most, I'd venture, to be serious impropriety.
His actions were certainly improper/wrong, (especially in the work place) but neither of us know the nature of the relationship between the two, and certainly not enough to label him a predator and make snide comparisons to his convicted brother.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
His actions were certainly improper/wrong, (especially in the work place) but neither of us know the nature of the relationship between the two, and certainly not enough to label him a predator and make snide comparisons to his convicted brother.
It's taboo in my book.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
label him a predator and make snide comparisons to his convicted brother.

The real victim here is the child P. Schofield's brother sexually abused. Let's hope that everyone who knew P. Schofield's brother did everything they possibly could to intervene and stop that abuse.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
His actions were certainly improper/wrong, (especially in the work place) but neither of us know the nature of the relationship between the two, and certainly not enough to label him a predator
A disparity in position or power in a workplace sexual relationship means there is an element of predatory behaviour, whether you like it or not.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
344d

@fmf said
To me, people in positions of power having sex with subordinates in their workplace is taboo, regardless of whether it's said to be consensual.
Are the millions of work relationships (between colleagues of different positions) all subject to the predatory tag? Is the person with the most power in the relationship always to be deemed a predator? What if the subordinate person instigates the relationship? What if it is mutual?

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Are the millions of work relationships (between colleagues of different positions) all subject to the predatory tag? Is the person with the most power in the relationship always to be deemed a predator? What if the subordinate person instigates the relationship? What if it is mutual?
Are the millions of work relationships (between colleagues of different positions) all subject to the predatory tag?

Yep, potentially. I'd say there's an element of it in every single taboo relationship which is cloaked in lies and secrecy.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Is the person with the most power in the relationship always to be deemed a predator?

The subordinate could be predatory too. But the taboo lies with the person who has position or power.

F

Moves
344d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What if the subordinate person instigates the relationship? What if it is mutual?

The person in power should reject the advance, move him or herself to a different office if necessary where the power relationship no longer exists, or resign and then have a relationship.