Please dont accept challenges then delete the g...

Please dont accept challenges then delete the g...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
17 Jul 06

Originally posted by Theoryhack
Self explanatory.
Well, it would have been if you had actually managed to fit the sentence into the thread title...

T

Moves
17 Jul 06

Just had the same thing - again -. Someone accepted one of my challenges then deleted the game 8 minutes later. Net result: My time wasted and nobody else able to accept the challenge.

Have also noted that the feature "only accpet challenges from players rated > X" doesnt stop players rate

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Jul 06

We have a fix for this planned already.

For the time being, use your ignore list for repeat offenders.

-Russ

T

Moves
17 Jul 06

Its just happened - again - . What is wrong with these people.

Players who accept challenges simply shouldnt be able to delete the games. If they want to terminate them it should be treated as a loss, including loss of rating points. If they do it more than once they should be banned.

DS

Moves
17 Jul 06
1 edit

Players who accept challenges simply shouldnt be able to delete the games. If they want to terminate them it should be treated as a loss, including loss of rating points. If they do it more than once they should be banned.
I wouldn't go as far as banning them - you'd end up banning people for resigning. I agree there should be some forfeit though.

d

Moves
17 Jul 06

If I had any games against you I'd delete them.

In your face

Moves
17 Jul 06

I'm afraid that this would leave the system open to abuse. If a non sub only has six games, and they start a game with someone who moves once every fortnight, I can see it being a little frustrating to say the least. As for them being banned???? PAH!

T

Moves
17 Jul 06

Originally posted by demonseed
If I had any games against you I'd delete them.
Delete them or lose them.

T

Moves
17 Jul 06

Originally posted by jimslyp69
I'm afraid that this would leave the system open to abuse. If a non sub only has six games, and they start a game with someone who moves once every fortnight, I can see it being a little frustrating to say the least. As for them being [b]banned???? PAH![/b]
If they accpet a challenge to play at 1 move every 14 days then so be it, frustrating or otherwise. All my challenges are for 3 days/move. this seems standard here. If my opps want to move that slowly, fine. But people accpet challenges when I'm offline and delete the games 2 MINUTES later.

stitching you up

Moves
17 Jul 06
1 edit

If they accpet a challenge to play at 1 move every 14 days then so be it, frustrating or otherwise. All my challenges are for 3 days/move. this seems standard here. If my opps want to move that slowly, fine. But people accpet challenges when I'm offline and delete the games 2 MINUTES later.
Apparently, if it's the same user, you can put tehm on your ignore list which will prevent them from accepting challenges put out by you...

Other people who are completely new to teh site maybe don't realise that this is correspondance chess and give up after you not moving for a few minutes.

In your face

Moves
17 Jul 06

Well perhaps you shouldn't leave open invites lying about when you are offline.

T

Moves
17 Jul 06

Well perhaps you shouldn't leave open invites lying about when you are offline.
????

The whole point of open invites is to leave them lying about until someone accepts them. This doesnt mean you should have to play your first reply a minute after someone takes up the challenge.

In your face

Moves
17 Jul 06

????

The whole point of open invites is to leave them lying about until someone accepts them. This doesnt mean you should have to play your first reply a minute after someone takes up the challenge.

Yes, but you said you had people accept them and delete them when you are offline. Do you seriously expect someone to wait around for hours while you have your tea, go shopping and have a few beers with your mates.
'Hello and good luck. Sorry I took so long'.
I think you think that the world revolves around you.

T

Moves
17 Jul 06

Yes, but you said you had people accept them and delete them when you are offline. Do you seriously expect someone to wait around for hours while you have your tea, go shopping and have a few beers with your mates.
'Hello and good luck. Sorry I took so long'.
I think you think that the world revolves around you.
Of course I expect it. Its absolutely standard. If someone accpets a challenge at say 3 days a move they have to wait up to 3 days for the opponent to make his move. DUH. It has nothing to do with being any more or less important than anone else. Insulting someone beacuse you yourself are too stupid to accept the obvious is also deeply unimpressive.

In your face

Moves
17 Jul 06

Of course I expect it. Its absolutely standard. If someone accpets a challenge at say 3 days a move they have to wait up to 3 days for the opponent to make his move. DUH. It has nothing to do with being any more or less important than anone else. Insulting someone beacuse you yourself are too stupid to accept the obvious is also deeply unimpressive.
I merely made an observation about what I have assertained about your persona, by reading your opinion on a certain matter. Now let me put it to you that you are being grossly hypocritical by claiming that I am being the insulting one and calling me stupid in the same sentence.

No. It is not standard to wait around a few hours for someone to move when you want a quick game. The timebank system is slightly flawed in this respect. If I am a quick mover and want to make multiple moves a day, which timebank and timeout period should I select. Please do tell me because I don't think one exists.

Also, what possible problem could you have with someone deleting a game. It takes all of 10 seconds to set another one up. You are not prepared to waste ten seconds of your life, yet you expect someone else to wait and wait for God knows how long for your good self.

Spare me dude.