1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 11:00
    Originally posted by phil3000
    What is the way out of this tragic situation ?
    It would help if local Immans stood up and condemned these acts of terror and talked to young vulnerable Muslims before they get radicalised .
    You say there are millions of good Muslims in Britain and America ,well lets hear from them they all can't be terrified .
    The gloves are off now fella if good Muslims ...[text shortened]... r people sitting on their hands when they could be helping to educate and stop this wickedness .
    Most muslims are just like you and me. They just wanna go to work, feed their families and be left alone. It's no huge secret.
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 13:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Most muslims are just like you and me. They just wanna go to work, feed their families and be left alone. It's no huge secret.
    That was of no comfort to the almost 3000 people killed on 9/11.
    Most Germans are peaceful but that didn't stop the Nazis killing 20 million and the death toll from WW11 amounting to 55 million.
    Most Russians are peaceful but Stalin killed over 30 million.
    Most Chinese are peaceful but Mao killed 70 million.
    I could go on.
    The peaceful majority are irrelevant.
    Its the non peaceful minority that cause all the problems.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Most Germans are peaceful but that didn't stop the Nazis killing 20 million and the death toll from WW11 amounting to 55 million.
    I could go on.
    Wow, I didn't know we were up to World War Eleven. The death toll from World War TWO was over 100 million counting the Chinese and Russian Pogroms.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 17:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Wow, I didn't know we were up to World War Eleven. The death toll from World War TWO was over 100 million counting the Chinese and Russian Pogroms.
    Fair comment but you get my drift
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 19:25
    I could go on.
    So, because a few are "non peaceful" we should kill them all, imprison them all, deport them all?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 19:28
    Fair comment but you get my drift
    Not really, no. The entire post was a non sequitur.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 20:05
    One of the attackers was a Syrian refugee who had passed through Greece recently.
    This is incorrect. None of the attackers was a Syrian refugee. They were all French nationals or Belgian citizens. They found a faked passport whose number matched a passport issued to a Syrian refugee.

Refugees are victims too. And they're already vetted in a process that takes two to three years to complete. This Islamophobia is akin to racism. Judging an entire people by the actions of a few is called bigotry.
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 21:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is incorrect. None of the attackers was a Syrian refugee. They were all French nationals or Belgian citizens. They found a faked passport whose number matched a passport issued to a Syrian refugee.

Refugees are victims too. And they're already vetted in a process that takes two to three years to complete. This Islamophobia is akin to racism. Judging an entire people by the actions of a few is called [b]bigotry
    .[/b]
    We have thousands of refugees in Europe and there is no way to vet them.
    ISIS has stated they will get terrorists into their chosen country by pretending they are refugees.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '15 22:43
    We have thousands of refugees in Europe and there is no way to vet them.
    ISIS has stated they will get terrorists into their chosen country by pretending they are refugees.
    So you will judge thousands of Muslims for the actions of a few Muslims.

This is still bigotry, no matter how you slice it. No matter what name you put on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree