#PrayForParis

#PrayForParis

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by roma45
not sure where you live but our police force is great.
its impossible to measure how much crime they prevent, but just think how much more crime they would be without them..
I am sure the existence of any police force deters crime to some extent. I am not trying to measure how good a particular police force is compared to another one.

That is not what I am talking about at all. I am saying that when someone decided to commit a crime it will take an amount of time for the police to respond if they are called. How often will that response time be quick enough to prevent the completion of the crime? The victim will have to consider what all of their options are while they are waiting for the police to arrive.

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
I am sure the existence of any police force deters crime to some extent. I am not trying to measure how good a particular police force is compared to another one.

That is not what I am talking about at all. I am saying that when someone decided to commit a crime it will take an amount of time for the police to respond if they are called. How often will ...[text shortened]... have to consider what all of their options are while they are waiting for the police to arrive.
prevention is the best policy i have alarms and dont open the door without checking first, it would take a good theif to get into my house, even if he did i have nothing worth taking...😀

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Nov 15

not sure where you live but our police force is great.
its impossible to measure how much crime they prevent, but just think how much more crime they would be without them..
There are plenty of small villages throughout Europe that have no local police
and perhaps a none within 30 miles. Yet these places have zero crime.
Clearly it is not the police that is the deterrent but something else.

Cities with high police/civilian ratios have the highest crime.

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59

Which came first ...the chicken or the egg?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
Which came first ...the chicken or the egg?
It blaming high crime in cities on high numbers of police!
I'm saying they are not co-dependant.
Something else (other than police) is responsibility for low crime.

Your chicken/egg question is irrelevant.

btw: it was EGG.

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

good point, there is a poulation of 46 000 where i live, a murder is done every couple of years, there has never been an unsolved murder where i live.

we have no guns...coincidence?

Moves
16 Nov 15

It blaming high crime in cities on high numbers of police!
I'm saying they are not co-dependant.
Something else (other than police) is responsibility for low crime.

Your chicken/egg question is irrelevant.

btw: it was EGG.
I was just messing with you 😛

Btw - Clearly it was the chicken 🙄

Moves
16 Nov 15

good point, there is a poulation of 46 000 where i live, a murder is done every couple of years, there has never been an unsolved murder where i live.

we have no guns...coincidence?
Our population is around 280,000. I'd rather not share our murder rate. It will set off a barrage of posts 😕

Moves
17 Nov 15

I was just messing with you 😛

Btw - Clearly it was the chicken 🙄
Who laid that egg...

😀

Moves
17 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
Who laid that egg...

😀
I still say chicken.
We should take this to "Debates," shouldn't we?
😏

st johnstone

Moves
17 Nov 15

Our population is around 280,000. I'd rather not share our murder rate. It will set off a barrage of posts 😕
go on share i assume there is gun related deaths?

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
17 Nov 15

Originally posted by Seitse
3 thumbs down? Gee, some radio-manchild, Boston Lard and their
weeabos really want to see me shot by terrorists.
i thought the same thing. Well i did not think on who clicked on thumbs down. But I thought how on earth do you give someone a thumbs down on escaping a tragedy or possibly death in a disaster that concerns the world. How messed up does one have to be to click thumbs down on that even if the person does not like you, or you don't him or her? I think that sums up why it is good to really stay out of the forums or be more picky in what thread you go into. I am glad you are safe.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
17 Nov 15

Example supplied.

Justify that.
There are those who will converse and have polite conversation with you, and also realize just how huge the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is to the entire world, and then you have others that spew venom, with no facts, and just want to argue and then they laugh if they get a reaction from you. In one respect I want to tell you, Faith, and drewnogal to leave and run from the forum, but I have to say you three add facts, kindess, respect, and what is severely needed, class.

drewnogal is a very kind person and someone you would enjoy playing chess with. All class just like you. I don't come in here much, but I wanted to say it is nice to see another person supporting Faith and drewnogal. She is a kind soul. I have a feeling you are to. 🙂 Thank you and drewnogal for all your kind comments and your defense of the country we live in, and for the soldiers present and past we owe our freedoms and safety to. I wish everyone was as open minded as you are.

st johnstone

Moves
17 Nov 15

Originally posted by VESPIN
There are those who will converse and have polite conversation with you, and also realize just how huge the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is to the entire world, and then you have others that spew venom, with no facts, and just want to argue and then they laugh if they get a reaction from you. In one respect I want to tell you, Faith, and drewnogal to leave and r ...[text shortened]... sent and past we owe our freedoms and safety to. I wish everyone was as open minded as you are.
FACTS? now that is funny...

i asked your hero faith a few questions still awaiting a reply, i asked politely never gave him any abuse
1] if guns make the streets safer, as he claimed, how come there is so many gun related deaths in the usa.?
2] does he know someone who owns a gun that should not have one?
3] he claims to be a soldier, no proof there, if i was a soldier ready to go and fight isis, the last thing i would do is post where i live.

i think faith is someone alter ego...you got any idea who?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
17 Nov 15

Sadly humans are not supposed to live together in large numbers.
In only takes a couple of rotten apples to contaminate an entire barrel of apples.
Look at this forum a few bad apples are constantly trying to bruise the rest and will oppose every statement they ever make.
It then follows the larger the city the greater the crime and death.
A man living in a cabin on the top of a mountain does not see, know of or participate in crime.