1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you describe what this "impossible" thing felt like? I think the challenge that makes cold turkey 'hurt' so much feels like it is "impossible" at times. I think if one stops and only experiences discomfort, I'm not really sure that it deserves the label 'going cold turkey'. When you say "going cold turkey is effectively impossible for people whose genes caus ...[text shortened]... rtain way" do you mean that such drastic action poses an actual threat to these people's health?
    1) No.
    2) I mean it's impossible to successfully quit like that. I don't think trying to go cold turkey poses a threat to health.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:49
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    1) No.
    2) I mean it's impossible to successfully quit like that. I don't think trying to go cold turkey poses a threat to health.
    If going cold turkey doesn't work then you should try other options, remembering what the goal is and maybe why YOU are doing it.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:54
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    If going cold turkey doesn't work then you should try other options, remembering what the goal is and maybe why [b]YOU are doing it.[/b]
    Yes, and I don't think people should feel bad because some people have quit by going cold turkey and they haven't been able to. Also those who have should avoid being boastful about it. I've met a lot of people who've become incredibly big-headed because they quit using 'willpower'.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:56
    Yes, and I don't think people should feel bad because some people have quit by going cold turkey and they haven't been able to. Also those who have should avoid being boastful about it. I've met a lot of people who've become incredibly big-headed because they quit using 'willpower'.
    And you think that's what's going on here? 🙂
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:57
    There sure are some, "Well I quit, why can't you?" folks out there." Holier than thou" twits anyway. 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:57
    If going cold turkey doesn't work then you should try other options, remembering what the goal is and maybe why [b]YOU are doing it.[/b]
    Cold turkey didn't work for me in 1986 and the other option I tried was to just continue smoking. 😛
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 12:59
    There sure are some, "Well I quit, why can't you?" folks out there." Holier than thou" twits anyway. 🙂
    I can't say I have come across much of that but I certainly have come across ex-smokers who can get really shirty with people smoking in areas where it is forbidden, such as on designated No-Smoking floors in hotels or in restaurants.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can't say I have come across much of that but I certainly have come across ex-smokers who can get really shirty with people smoking in areas where it is forbidden, such as on designated No-Smoking floors in hotels or in restaurants.
    Perhaps they aren't able to read or don't "get" what the symbols mean?😛
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    And you think that's what's going on here? 🙂
    You should learn not to stir the pot so enthusiastically.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:03
    Perhaps they aren't able to read or don't "get" what the symbols mean?😛
    A wee bit of Anglo Saxon is what it takes for them to "get" it sometimes, perhaps. 😛
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:04
    You should learn not to stir the pot so enthusiastically.
    What pot do you mean?
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    What pot do you mean?
    Act your age, not your shoe size.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:08
    Yes, and I don't think people should feel bad because some people have quit by going cold turkey and they haven't been able to.
    Good grief. Who is it you reckon thinks you should feel bad about the way you managed to give up?
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good grief. Who is it you reckon thinks you should feel bad about the way you managed to give up?
    I said 'people' shouldn't feel bad. I couldn't give a toss. Some people who've gone cold turkey like to bully people who still smoke. The people doing the bullying may have genetic makeup that enabled them to go cold turkey much more easily.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 13:14
    I said 'people' shouldn't feel bad. I couldn't give a toss. Some people who've gone cold turkey like to bully people who still smoke. The people doing the bullying may have genetic makeup that enabled them to go cold turkey much more easily.
    There was bullying of people who have a certain genetic make up?? Did this happen to you when you were trying to quit smoking?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree