Quitting Smoking

Quitting Smoking

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
There was bullying of people who have a certain genetic make up?? Did this happen to you when you were trying to quit smoking?
🙄

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
I said 'people' shouldn't feel bad. I couldn't give a toss. Some people who've gone cold turkey like to bully people who still smoke. The people doing the bullying may have genetic makeup that enabled them to go cold turkey much more easily.
You may, probably have a point there. My mother, who smoked for well over 50 years, too quit cold turkey about 10 years before she passed away from lung cancer @ 92.

F

Moves
20 Mar 16

🙄
Well if there wasn't, then what on earth are you talking about?

N

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
You may, probably have a point there. My mother, who smoked for well over 50 years, too quit cold turkey about 10 years before she passed away from lung cancer @ 92.
As you said before, anyone who manages to kick the habit deserves congratulations. It's sad to see it ruining people's lives.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Mar 16

Act your age, not your shoe size.
Hey, not heard that comeback since 1987. Is it back in fashion?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Mar 16

Familiar?
Only indirectly. (Parents got divorced when i was young).

Happy days. 🙁

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Only indirectly. (Parents got divorced when i was young).

Happy days. 🙁
Every divorce has three sides to be told.

N

Moves
20 Mar 16

Hey, not heard that comeback since 1987. Is it back in fashion?
I doubt it, somehow. Really? 1987? I live in a provincial area, granted, but I'm pretty certain I've heard it semi-regularly over the years.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
20 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
joylessly nasty
My new username. Be right back.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Mar 16

I doubt it, somehow. Really? 1987? I live in a provincial area, granted, but I'm pretty certain I've heard it semi-regularly over the years.
The last time it was used, in its pure sense, was on the 3rd October 1987 by a Mr Andrew Dawson of 17 Fleetwood Avenue (Bognor Regis) in response to being told he resembled a haddock.

It did return for a short while in 1993 in the adapted form of: 'Act your age, not your hat size' and again in 1998 in the more abstract form, 'Act your age, not your pizza consumption.' But then sir it did go completely off the radar, until its resurrection in this thread.

Have you also brought back flares and the hula hoop?

Moves
20 Mar 16

The last time it was used, in its pure sense, was on the 3rd October 1987 by a Mr Andrew Dawson of 17 Fleetwood Avenue (Bognor Regis) in response to being told he resembled a haddock.

It did return for a short while in 1993 in the adapted form of: 'Act your age, not your hat size' and again in 1998 in the more abstract form, 'Act your age, not yo ...[text shortened]... until its resurrection in this thread.

Ya mean flares left? When? Nobody told me. I still wear them. OMG What have I done?

N

Moves
20 Mar 16
1 edit

It did return for a short while in 1993 in the adapted form of: 'Act your age, not your hat size' and again in 1998 in the more abstract form, 'Act your age, not yo ...[text shortened]... until its resurrection in this thread.

You have not considered the fact that I live (near enough) in Essex. Essex, while not technically invisible to radar, has been censored out of all the software underpinnings of the radar systems. You wouldn't believe the kind of stuff that goes on here! 😉

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Mar 16

Ya mean flares left? When? Nobody told me. I still wear them. OMG What have I done?
Keep wearing them Great Big Sage. They are due a come back in 2038.

You truly are a man ahead of his time.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Mar 16

You have not considered the fact that I live (near enough) in Essex. Essex, while not technically invisible to radar, has been censored out of all the software underpinnings of the radar systems. You wouldn't believe the kind of stuff that goes on here! 😉
Alas sir, I was born in Essex. 🙁

N

Moves
20 Mar 16

Alas sir, I was born in Essex. 🙁
You have Drumpft me there.