1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 08:34
    The previous thread with the same name was closed but perhaps it's ok to start again:

'National Treasure' is a four-part (two parts here) 2016 British drama about a television comedian accused of raping a 15-year-old girl several years earlier. Robbie Coltraine and Julie Walters are the main characters.

Good acting in a story which could take place anywhere, anytime.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 10:56
    Originally posted by @torunn
    The previous thread with the same name was closed but perhaps it's ok to start again:

'National Treasure' is a four-part (two parts here) 2016 British drama about a television comedian accused of raping a 15-year-old girl several years earlier. Robbie Coltraine and Julie Walters are the main characters.

Yes loved it. The superb Julie Walters is a national treasure.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 10:58
    Motherland

An affectionately jaundiced and observant British sitcom set in London, all about navigating the trials and traumas of middle-class motherhood.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 11:04
    Game Of Thrones Series 7

Finally got around to finishing having had a false start when I flagged - burned out - midway through episode 2 last year. Yes, episode 1 was a bit slow and unexciting, but the stuff that was then getting set up in episode 2 gave way to an excellent albeit relatively short (7 episode) series that culminated wonderfully and had some par-for-the-course intrigue and juicy violence along the way.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 11:58
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Yes loved it. The superb Julie Walters is a national treasure.
    I felt very uncomfortable watching the final part last night. The story itself was upsetting and their acting very convincing.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 13:28
    Stranger things
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 16:56
    I liked BBT. Is Young Sheldon any good?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 12:11
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    I liked BBT. Is Young Sheldon any good?
    I only watched the first espiode but it was terrible. Actually i saw tge first 10 minutes and switched over.
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 00:56

Shades of Woody Allen ?
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 03:15
    Hinterland
    A moody British/Welsh police drama that features brilliant writing...and impossible to predict plot twists. It appears to be shot on location in Wales. If desolation can be beautiful...that locale verifies it.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 20:17
    Suffragette - British film (2015)
  12. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 21:08

tELEVISION IS THE oPIATE OF THE pEOPLE And a vast Wasteland. except for Science programs..
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 21:25
    Originally posted by @ogb
    tELEVISION IS THE oPIATE OF THE pEOPLE And a vast Wasteland. except for Science programs..
    TV is a lot of things - education, culture, entertainment, company. It is also a lot of rubbish.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 01:01
    Top of the Lake

Elizabeth Moss is brilliant.

She was in The West Wing, Mad Men, The Handmaid's Tale.

Two series. From wiki...

"Season 1 follows Detective Robin Griffin (Elisabeth Moss) and deals with her investigation of the disappearance of a pregnant 12-year-old girl in New Zealand. Season 2, China Girl, is set in Sydney four years later, as Detective Griffin investigates the death of an unidentified Asian girl found at Bondi Beach."

"Top of the Lake screened in its entirety at the January 2013 Sundance Film Festival, in a single seven-hour session with one intermission and a break for lunch. This was the first such screening in the history of the festival."

"Reviews of Top of the Lake have been positive, referring to the series as "masterfully made", "beautiful", "mysterious", "riveting", and "a masterpiece" It received a score of 86 out of 100 from Metacritic and a score of 93 per cent from Rotten Tomatoes.

There were also some less positive reviews. Mike Hale of The New York Times criticized the "elaborately introduced plotlines" and described Tui's disappearance as "less a story element than a metaphor for the kind of armed resistance to male hegemony that constitutes the central idea of Ms Campion’s body of work."

Top of the Lake was lauded by feminist critics for its explicit effort to analyse rape culture as well as its radical construction of narratives entirely foregrounding the experiences of single women."
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 01:02
    Originally posted by @ogb
    At its best, TV is undoubtedly a pinnacle of human culture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree