1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 00:373 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think that's a recycling bin on his profile page. Looks like sody pop cans sitting at the top.

Now that I'm old and feeble (that's my story, and I'm sticking with it) my kids are always giving me stuff. I'll be getting another TV set soon, the screen is larger than 20", and the picture and sound are awesome. Right now every meal is a TV dinner because I have a 9" flat screen TV sitting on my dining room table. But old Dad is going to have to stop accepting these gifts soon, because he gettin' pooped out trying to move everything around so he has some room to walk through his little house of horrors. I exaggerate, it's not horrible, it's... uh, interesting.

Years ago (sometime during the last millenium) I worked for a contractor who renovated fire and water damaged homes. I was put in charge of getting everything out of a two story home, and I assumed it would be a few sticks of furniture and other house hold items. But the previous owner was a horder, and every square foot of both the first and second floor was packed tight with stuff, like a 3 dimensional puzzle. The only key I had was to the front door, and when I first opened it all I saw was a wall of stuff in front of me.

I hired 5 more people (so there were 7 of us), and it took almost a week to get all that stuff out and hauled away. The kitchen in the back was not crowded with stuff, and the basement was only half full, so whoever lived there must have stayed and slept in the kitchen or basement area. We finally made it up into the attic, and we probably shouldn't have been surprised by what we found up in there... a parachute!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree