RHP Prose Competition

RHP Prose Competition

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 19

@wolfe63 said
"Last-Word Rusty" rides again.
LOL @ wolfy the 'misfit' literally! πŸ˜›

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 May 19

@very-rusty said
Actually you started on me goad.

I've told you time and again if you are going to throw rocks, you are going to get them thrown back at you, one would think after all these years you would have caught on and not bait me. You know I'll take it every time!!!

-VR
Like I said, you do this every year in this competition, throwing snide remarks from the sidelines, contributing nothing.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Like I said, you do this every year in this competition, throwing snide remarks from the sidelines, contributing nothing.
I was talking to Paul, you wanted to put in your two cents worth!!!

Like I said you started, don't expect me to sit back and say nothing to you.

You are kind of like Andy, like to dish it out, but don't like it coming back at you!!

Well boo hoo goad!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 May 19

@very-rusty said
Like I said you started, don't expect me to sit back and say nothing to you.

You are kind of like Andy, like to dish it out, but don't like it coming back at you!!

Well boo hoo goad!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

-VR
To be honest sir the prospect of having your petty sniping and insinuations over the next couple of months is beyond tiresome.

I hereby rule myself out of this year's competition, though look forward very much to reading the splendid entries this competition attracts, and will, of course, be voting accordingly.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
To be honest sir the prospect of having your petty sniping and insinuations over the next couple of months is beyond tiresome.

I hereby rule myself out of this year's competition, though look forward very much to reading the splendid entries this competition attracts, and will, of course, be voting accordingly.
Had you not piped in when I was talking to Paul, I wouldn't have said anything to you at all!!!

So now your going to do the poor me routine and the bully VR.

Give me a break, scared he may beat you this year!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Moves
21 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
😞

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 May 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think this year people should submit telepathically.
Telepathically: "Send moonbus that cheque for 1200 pounds. Send moonbus that cheque for 1200 pounds. Send moonbus that cheque for 1200 pounds. Send moonbus that cheque for 1200 pounds. Send moonbus that cheque for 1200 pounds."

Are you receiving? More importantly, are you submitting?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 19

@wolfe63 said
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
😞
Don't feel sorry for him, that is what he is looking for, just playing another one of his head games with everyone. After all that is what he does, 'try to get into people's heads'!!!!

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 May 19

@paul-a-roberts said
I'd suggest that they remain anonymous, so that the pure merits of the writing and story can be judged, rather than personalities etc.
Send submissions to Ponderable's email address. He will anonymize them and post them later to a separate forum thread for voting.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 May 19

@very-rusty said
LOL....Put 800 words in there and you got a story!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
I got my mojo workin' ...

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
21 May 19

So - I'm intrigued by this - what is the brief and where do you send it (not quite understanding how it will be anonymous)?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 19
1 edit

@benjamin-barker said
So - I'm intrigued by this - what is the brief and where do you send it (not quite understanding how it will be anonymous)?
Only Ponderable would know where it came from. He is to be trusted and one of the more respected posters on the site! No concern about your e-mail addy getting out.

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 May 19

@benjamin-barker said
Copied from page 5:
topic: ghost/supernatural/scary

keywords to be included: superstition - twilight - phantom

max. number of contributions per author: 2

amount of words: 800

We have not discussed yet how much time we give the potential contributers and how long for the voting.

I am tempted to fire the shot since most conditions are fixed and people can begin writing anyway.

I suggest to give four weeks time to compose the stories adn two weeks for voting.

I offer the Email adress Ponderable_Dickens@yahoo.com as the point to collect the stories.

end quote

Only Ponderable will know who submitted which entries. The entries will be posted without authors' names, just the body of the story will appear here in another RHP thread. After the votes are tallied, Ponderable reveals the identities of the people who submitted stories; those who wish to remain anonymous even then (for the shame of receiving no votes, or because the person is really Graham Greene, or whatever) , may do so and Ponderable will not reveal their names at all.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 May 19

@moonbus
In fact as far the organizers (silverstriker and vandervelde did this before) don't reveal names, just encourage people to stand by their work.

As a non-native writer I am happy if I get any votes at all πŸ™‚

Moves
21 May 19

@very-rusty said
Don't feel sorry for him, that is what he is looking for, just playing another one of his head games with everyone. After all that is what he does, 'try to get into people's heads'!!!!

-VR
You truly are an insufferable git.