12 Aug '14 02:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 03:553 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes and you see what whodey did to it. Not your fault, but he debased it.

Robin Williams made me laugh out loud. I don't know how Pam Dawber kept a straight face, and she barely did, sometimes, in M and M. It strikes me now that he may have been manic depressive in equally extreme measures. I am now mining those rich caverns of humor.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 05:38
    Originally posted by JS357
    Yes and you see what whodey did to it. Not your fault, but he debased it.
    Perhaps whodey hated Robin Williams. whodey has said some deeply poisonous things about 'Hollywood people' on the General Forum in the past because some or many of them do not espouse the same views as whodey.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 06:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 06:511 edit
    That is sad news to wake up to.

Just to mention a few: Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting,
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 07:34
    Williams made me laugh out loud too including many of his talk show appearances ~ which I have seen on YouTube ~ in some of which he made hard-hitting points about the reality of alcoholism that have lodged in my brain and affected my world view with his edgy candid humour in a way that perhaps half a dozen well made documentaries could not quite equal.

In a way that is not wholly unrelated to that, he had the ability to touch me with his 'serious acting' too thanks to the material he chose to commit to as an artist, but also because he had some inner facility to deliver performances that had emotionally valid information deep within them.

The same can be said for a lot of what came out of his mind in his rapid fire comedic style. [As I posted elsewhere]
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 08:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps whodey hated Robin Williams. whodey has said some deeply poisonous things about 'Hollywood people' on the General Forum in the past because some or many of them do not espouse the same views as whodey.
    Wow! If this is how you "tease" I can only imagine what it's like when you're being small minded and hateful.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 09:05
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Wow! If this is how you "tease" I can only imagine what it's like when you're being small minded and hateful.
    It was not teasing. whodey is very forthright about his opinions on 'Hollywood'. It may explain why he debased the thread on Robin Williams on the Culture Forum.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 09:15
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Do you have any tribute you'd like to pay to Robin Williams?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It was not teasing. whodey is very forthright about his opinions on 'Hollywood'. It may explain why he debased the thread on Robin Williams on the Culture Forum.
    As I previously stated, Robin spent his life to try and make us laugh. I know he would have wanted us to continue to laugh. That was my intention.

I have no ill will toward Robin as you suggest.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 12:08
    A "star" has imploded. 😳
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have no ill will toward Robin as you suggest.
    Well, if that's the case, perhaps you should have excluded him from the many vituperative, dehumanizing sweeping statements you've made about Hollywood film stars on the Debates Forum over the years. That scorn you trot out ad nauseam was what immediately sprang to mind when I saw that you had deliberately debased the thread about him. 🙂
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 13:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    As I previously stated, Robin spent his life to try and make us laugh. I know he would have wanted us to continue to laugh.
    Oh, really? And you know this because you knew him? Or because any comedian must automatically be someone who likes other people to laugh at their misfortune and suicide?

“Forget that he was deeply unhappy and dangerously depressed. He was a funnyman, therefore we should laugh at his death!”

Idiot.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 14:40
    This is starting to resemble a motorcycle gang funeral where the killers show up and announce that they are responsible for the funeral.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree