1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hypocitical? I guess you should know.

GB's threads are rarely insults at all, veiled or not. And unlike your self-serving threads, his are more often than not self-deprecating.
    Sorry, I don't know what "hypocitical" means.

As for his threads not being insults, I'll invite you to read Thread 104361, especially concentrating on GB's and your posts of the first 2 pages.

It must be fairly stressful being the moral compass for us all, suzimanne, AND enlisting enrollees for the "I hate Ragnorak club".

D
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:14
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Gratuitous thread? Show me another kind in the general forum.

Also, isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to be judging Crowley for starting a thread which takes the mick out of another member. Aren't all of your threads (and lets remember who starts the most gratuitous threads in General), veiled insults against the membership of the site.

D
    1. Another good point.

2. Negative. Not judging Crowley (his personality or style) but did hope to draw his attention to a petty behavior pattern which is immoderate.

3. No, Sir, not at all. Many, many of my threads and posts since last Christmas were lead balloon failures right out of the caul in which they

were kept or gate. Yes, I do try to re-focus members I care about with subtlety sometimes which you are free to interpret as "veiled insults".
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:16
    Originally posted by adramforall
    That is completely different, 🙄 they are GB threads therefore highly unacceptable to most. 😲
    Fixed.

😀
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yes, I do try to re-focus members I care about with subtlety sometimes which you are free to interpret as "veiled insults".
    "those miscreants who would seek to promote

toxic concentrations of the shallow, tawdry, peculiarly ugly, tasteless and abbhorent or to standarize the cheap and the shoddy or to cause

dysfunctional frictions and unrest"

You later admit that you were talking about RHP members. I don't see how referring to somebody as toxic, ugly, tasteless and abbhorent without mentioning names could be described as anything other than a "veiled insult".

D
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:181 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Hey InterWebZ nerds! Here's your chance!
    Let the wise, unbiased and well-balanced Rusty give you guiding about HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.[/i]

He is rough, tough and says it like he sees it.

Gems like this:

[i][b]People giving you funny looks on the street?

VR: Never happens to me! Perhaps grow some*, and walk to them and ask them why the hell ...[text shortened]... for a farming reference, except he forgot to mention what I should be growing! Spinach perhaps?[/b]
    In the words of Ozzy:

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head
    (Oh) Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead
    Your lifestyle to me seemed so tragic
    With the thrill of it all
    You fooled all those people with magic
    (Yeah)You waited on Satan's call

Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure
    Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
    Uncovering things that were sacred, manifest on this earth
    (Oh)Conceived in the eye of a secret
    Yeah, they scattered the afterbirth

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
    Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic of course
    Approaching a time that is classic
    I hear that maidens call
    Approaching a time that is drastic
    Standing with their backs to the wall

Was it polemically sent?
    I wanna know what you meant
    I wanna know
    I wanna know what you meant, yeah!

I'm curious, do you share your namesake's, Aliester Crowley's, penchant for not only chess and social criticism, but, painting, astrology, hedonism, bisexuality, and drug abuse? From what I understand, Crowley was an enthusiastic buggerer.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:19
    HAI!
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:20
    You later admit that you were talking about RHP members. I don't see how referring to somebody as toxic, ugly, tasteless and abbhorent without mentioning names could be described as anything other than a "veiled insult".
    A not-so-veiled insult?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:261 edit

As for his threads not being insults, I'll invite you to read Thread 104361, especially concentrating on GB's and your posts of the first 2 pages.

It must be fairly stressful being the moral compass for us all, suzimanne, AND enlisting enrollees for the "I hate Ragnorak club".

D
    Pleases me that you had the time/interest to read that thread. It contains facts. One doesn't mince words communicating with those he loves.

Edit: "I hate Ragnoak club"... Doubt self pity deflection/sophomoric attention gambits really suit you. It's about issues, not you or me.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:27
    Originally posted by orangutan
    All they are impromptu paperweights are belong to us.
    Nobody made you to made all pears impromptu paperweights.
    Nobody made you to call cry or eat.
    Nobody made you to made me like eat unripened fruits.
    Nobody made you to made me want you.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:32

D
    Yeah, and you can't read a typo and figure it out. Well that figures.

Secondly, I wouldn't call calling someone a clown as a "veiled" insult. Seems pretty insulting to me, much like your own posts. The people he was calling out as clowns ARE clowns, so that's not much of an "insult" anyways.

So you cited one thread. One thread where the "insults" pale in comparison to the acts of those he rightfully called out as clowns.

One thread. Wow. Out of literally dozens of threads.

Sounds like I was right, "GB's threads are rarely insults at all, veiled or not." BTW, just so you know, the word "rarely" was not a typo, so you should have been able to understand it.

P.S. I didn't know you had a club, can I join? I don't enlist the enrollees... you do, just by being you.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:35
    Yeah, and you can't read a typo and figure it out. Well that figures.

Secondly, I wouldn't call calling someone a clown as a "veiled" insult. Seems pretty insulting to me, much like your own posts. The people he was calling out as clowns ARE clowns, so that's not much of an "insult" anyways.

So you cited one thread. One thread where the "insults" ...[text shortened]... a club, can I join? I don't enlist the enrollees... you do, just by being you.
    HAI GUY!
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:36
    Originally posted by orangutan
    All they are impromptu paperweights are belong to us.
    Take off every 'fig'!
    You know what you doing.
    Move 'fig'.
    For great justice.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:36
    The people he was calling out as clowns ARE clowns, so that's not much of an "insult" anyways.
    Who are these clowns and how can Rusty help them?

Rusty has helped me immeasurably with my mod work from his VAST experience in Internet forum moderation.
    He has shown me how to be TRULY unbiased.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Take off every 'fig'!
    You know what you doing.
    Move 'fig'.
    For great justice.
    Good evening, ATY. You are on your way to destruction, make your time.

Hahaha.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:38
    "those miscreants who would seek to promote

toxic concentrations of the shallow, tawdry, peculiarly ugly, tasteless and abbhorent or to standarize the cheap and the shoddy or to cause

dysfunctional frictions and unrest"

You later admit that you were talking about RHP members. I don't see how referring to somebody as toxic, ugly, tasteless and abbh ...[text shortened]... without mentioning names could be described as anything other than a "veiled insult".

D
    Unwrinkle your brilliant forehead. Let this perception through... looking at the nasty human condition in RHP microcosm, not specific individuals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree