General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88340
    12 Feb '13 20:50
    That's a "yes" in my book.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    12 Feb '13 21:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's a "yes" in my book.
    Perhaps.
  3. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    19515
    12 Feb '13 21:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's a "yes" in my book.
    Is that a maybe?
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138516
    12 Feb '13 21:03
    NO!!!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421869
    12 Feb '13 22:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's a "yes" in my book.
    Maybe is a NO!!!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    12 Feb '13 23:36
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Maybe is a NO!!!
    Maybe means maybe.

    Geeez, where did *you* go to school?

    Maybe they should be flogged.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 Feb '13 23:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe means maybe.

    Geeez, where did *you* go to school?

    Maybe they should be flogged.
    In my youth, a "maybe" usually meant if I was good up until the time my request or suggestion would be decided, it was more likely to turn into a "yes." Now that I think about it, it's still true. 🙂
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    13 Feb '13 00:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    In my youth, a "maybe" usually meant if I was good up until the time my request or suggestion would be decided, it was more likely to turn into a "yes." Now that I think about it, it's still true. 🙂
    I can relate to this.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    922190
    14 Feb '13 01:56
    maybe yes, maybe no
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    14 Feb '13 03:18
    Originally posted by JS357
    In my youth, a "maybe" usually meant if I was good up until the time my request or suggestion would be decided, it was more likely to turn into a "yes." Now that I think about it, it's still true. 🙂
    So "no" is default?
  11. Standard memberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18331
    14 Feb '13 04:52
    Originally posted by apathist
    So "no" is default?
    That's probably the safest route but often leads to nowhere...a well lived life requires risks and danger.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    14 Feb '13 05:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's a "yes" in my book.
    Yeah. I want my options open.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    14 Feb '13 06:23
    Originally posted by apathist
    So "no" is default?
    Didn't say that. Turn from a maybe to a yes or a no depending. Does that clarify?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Feb '13 07:02
    Originally posted by hakima
    That's probably the safest route but often leads to nowhere...a well lived life requires risks and danger.
    Ann Napolitano's Blog Comment about her novel, "A Good Hard look":

    http://annnapolitano.com/2012/04/10/8-socrates-469-bc-399-bc/
    .
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    14 Feb '13 07:38
    Originally posted by JS357
    Didn't say that. Turn from a maybe to a yes or a no depending. Does that clarify?
    Yes. That is solid.
Back to Top